Problem: choice of exact download

Andechs

Hello!

I have a question, for a problem that is constantly presented to me when I do a "Download" from Lovers Lab.
When I click on "Download this file", almost always I have several download options, and I never know which one is the right one.
For example: SOS Addon - Pubic Hair for Females 1.3b offers this download list:

SOS Pubic Hair for Females.rar 5.66 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon 1.1.7z 3.12 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females CBBE Bodyslide.7z 12.65 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females UUNP Bodyslide.7z 30.49 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon (All Styles in One) .7z 3.05 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon 1.2.7z 3.08 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon (AIO) 1.3.7z 3.06 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon 1.3.7z 3.05 MB

SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon (AIO) 1.3b.7z 3.08 MB
Considering that I use UNP, which file (or files) should I download?
I ask the question here even if the example is specific to that MOD, because the problem presents itself so cosily, in all MOD.
In General, what is the criterion for choosing the exact download?

Try the AIO of the latest version. So the very last download.

Maybe you also need the UUNP Bodyslide files. If you use Bodyslide that is.

Ā 

I assume in this case the first file is the version 1.0, the "addon" is the version 1.1 but you need to install 1.0 first. Then there are "All-In-One" files and addons or patches for every update.

In my mind the addon files are redundant since they are exactly as big as the AIO.

Ā 

Usually it's easier to tell what to download but this is really a tough one.

Thank you.
Maybe for the specific case I repeat the question in the post "Pubic etc ...".
But, in general, is there not a criterion of choice?
For an inexperienced, accustomed to NMM, it is not easy to get used to the Lovers Lab system. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā 

While I am generally sympathetic to your point - documentation on LoversLab often leaves something to be desired, let me point out that the author of SOS pubic hair specifically states that he has made the mod for CBBE and UUNP and has no intention of making files for other body types. Therefore, in the specific case, you can change your body type, not use this mod at all or learn to convert CBBE files to UNP (which many of the modders on this site can do but I'm not one of them). Therefore, the FIRST thing you need to do is read all the information that a mod's author provides, then read it again CAREFULLY. Most of the time this will give you good information.

All that being said, if you can not find what you need what you want to know on the home page it is likely that the lowest download in the list is the most recent and therefore the one that you want. This can usually be confirmed by looking at the version numbers listed. Using your example above you will notice that the mod has progressed from version 1.1 (at the top) to version 1.3b (at the bottom).

If all that doesn't help use the Get SupportĀ button just below the Download button. If what version is unclear to you it has likely been unclear to others. The answer is likely to be found here and, if not, you can ask it here. Every mod author I have dealt with has been helpful if asked politely.

Archived