Hey, I'm fairly new to modding

The problem I find with Sexlab Defeat is that I often just die outright instead of getting knocked down when enemies hit for a lot of damage per hit.

The "tim" console command makes it so that you can't drop below 1 hp, which is great, but NPCs will then continue to use finishing moves which won't trigger the knocked down state either.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

12 minutes ago, 245781 said:

Hey, I'm fairly new to modding

The problem I find with Sexlab Defeat is that I often just die outright instead of getting knocked down when enemies hit for a lot of damage per hit.

The "tim" console command makes it so that you can't drop below 1 hp, which is great, but NPCs will then continue to use finishing moves which won't trigger the knocked down state either.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hey

I'm not the most experienced with mods either, but have got some suggestions. I'm just trying to give you a quick answer until someone who's more familiar with the mechanics of this comes along.

If you go into the MCM menu of defeat, there should be an option to set the health threshold to determine how low your health needs to be at max, and at minimum, to put you in knockdown state. If it's not already, try setting the minimum threshold to 0. Another option (should be located in the same sub-menu, I think), is an option to set the knockdown chance on hit, which sets the percent chance you have at being knocked down when your health is below the maximum threshold you set (I keep mine at 80, but whatever works for you), try setting this to 100 for now, if it does not put you in knockdown state a 100% of the time when you drop below the maximum health threshold, you may need to re-install defeat. A good suggestion if you're not already using it, use LOOT (Load Order Organizer Tool, if I remember correctly). It will sort your mods in the correct load order so you won't have any problems with that.

The problem you have with the finishing moves can be resolved if you install this mod. It allows you to turn off finishing moves (or killmoves, as Skyrim likes to call it), allowing you to avoid the problem you were stating with them finishing you off when you used the console command.

Hope this helps, good luck modding :smile:

8 minutes ago, ChilledOutChicken said:

Hey

I'm not the most experienced with mods either, but have got some suggestions. I'm just trying to give you a quick answer until someone who's more familiar with the mechanics of this comes along.

If you go into the MCM menu of defeat, there should be an option to set the health threshold to determine how low your health needs to be at max, and at minimum, to put you in knockdown state. If it's not already, try setting the minimum threshold to 0. Another option (should be located in the same sub-menu, I think), is an option to set the knockdown chance on hit, which sets the percent chance you have at being knocked down when your health is below the maximum threshold you set (I keep mine at 80, but whatever works for you), try setting this to 100 for now, if it does not put you in knockdown state a 100% of the time when you drop below the maximum health threshold, you may need to re-install defeat. A good suggestion if you're not already using it, use LOOT (Load Order Organizer Tool, if I remember correctly). It will sort your mods in the correct load order so you won't have any problems with that.

The problem you have with the finishing moves can be resolved if you install this mod. It allows you to turn off finishing moves (or killmoves, as Skyrim likes to call it), allowing you to avoid the problem you were stating with them finishing you off when you used the console command.

Hope this helps, good luck modding :smile:

Thanks for the tips mate! :smiley:

I've tried setting the health threshold to 100, the minimum threshold to 0, the chance of knockdown to 100 and it works.

The whole thing with death in Skyrim is that it isn't very meaningful or punishing imo, I'd rather get beaten, robbed, raped, left for dead, rescued or all of the above rather than load a savefile. 

I'll try looking into "The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod" you recommended as a temporary fix, thank you!

5 minutes ago, 245781 said:

Thanks for the tips mate! :smiley:

I've tried setting the health threshold to 100, the minimum threshold to 0, the chance of knockdown to 100 and it works.

The whole thing with death in Skyrim is that it isn't very meaningful or punishing imo, I'd rather get beaten, robbed, raped, left for dead, rescued or all of the above rather than load a savefile. 

I'll try looking into "The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod" you recommended as a temporary fix, thank you!

No problem :smile:

If you would like to replace dying, I've got another solution. This mod will make it so that you won't die when your health is drained, rather, if I remember correctly, the enemy faction you were fighting against will rob you and leave you with nothing. There's more info in the mod description if you're left wondering. I am not entirely sure if it's compatible with defeat, but I think if you put the minimum threshold of your health to "1", it shouldn't really create any issues. It basically makes for the option to beg for money, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Have fun ;)

15 minutes ago, ChilledOutChicken said:

No problem :smile:

If you would like to replace dying, I've got another solution. This mod will make it so that you won't die when your health is drained, rather, if I remember correctly, the enemy faction you were fighting against will rob you and leave you with nothing. There's more info in the mod description if you're left wondering. I am not entirely sure if it's compatible with defeat, but I think if you put the minimum threshold of your health to "1", it shouldn't really create any issues. It basically makes for the option to beg for money, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Have fun ;)

I kept wondering why there was an "essential" option in the settings... I think I found a better solution lol. But I swear I always had it enabled!

I tried to disable and enable it, save and load, and now it seems to work!

At least I got a killmove mod :tongue:

The same thing is bothering me, that's why i still use Death Althernative together with Defeat. In my experience DA has some bugs on it's own, but it does a very well job preventing death (at least if you don't lose too often in a row).

To avoid DAs own bugs, make sure to disable all outcomes except defeat, then they work together very well.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:44 PM, 245781 said:

I kept wondering why there was an "essential" option in the settings... I think I found a better solution lol. But I swear I always had it enabled!

I tried to disable and enable it, save and load, and now it seems to work!

At least I got a killmove mod :tongue:

Glad it worked out :smile:

Archived