To create a perfect face!

alako

I have been tweaking the face of my chocolate elf for a while now, but there is a few things that I can't seem to fix.

First of all, the race I use is something called the Diablo Chocolate elf, I found it in a Asian website.

frontface.jpg

From the front, I think she looks good except for the chin, but no matter what I do, her chin is still not smooth. The main problem however is the texture of the face and the body seems to be different. I use photoshop to check if the color doesn't match, but that's no the case. I think it has something to do with glossiness level of the model which I have no idea how to change...

sideface.jpg

From the side, everything from the eyes down seem to be out of proportion. Her jaw seems to be too ....protrudent and her cheeks seems to be point downwards.

Could someone give me a few pointers on the fixing her face?? :D

I have been tweaking the face of my chocolate elf for a while now' date=' but there is a few things that I can't seem to fix.

First of all, the race I use is something called the Diablo Chocolate elf, I found it in a Asian website.

[img']http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i389/alakoasd123/frontface.jpg[/img]

From the front, I think she looks good except for the chin, but no matter what I do, her chin is still not smooth. The main problem however is the texture of the face and the body seems to be different. I use photoshop to check if the color doesn't match, but that's no the case. I think it has something to do with glossiness level of the model which I have no idea how to change...

sideface.jpg

From the side, everything from the eyes down seem to be out of proportion. Her jaw seems to be too ....protrudent and her cheeks seems to be point downwards.

Could someone give me a few pointers on the fixing her face?? :D

Check in Textures/Characters/YourRace/Head/Face

You should have a ChocolateElfFace.dds and ChocolateElfFace_n.dds

If you don't have a normal map (the file with the _n on the end), then you need to make one. You need Photoshop or Gimp for that though, as well as a DDS plugin.

Basically if your doing your normal map from scratch, you copy the colored texture from ChocolateElfFace.dds into your new file. Apply the Normal Map filter that comes with the Nvidia dds plugin and then go to Channels and create an Alpha channel. Depending on how light it is will determine the glossiness. Black = no gloss, White = Very Glossy. Then you just save it as a dds file, place it in your folder and you should be good to go.

I forgot to add, if you already have a normal map, then the only thing you need to do is adjust the alpha channel so that it is whiter and then save.

Slightly related, since this also includes tattoos for the head as well as the body. But if you're into tweaking your character with tattoos, you might want to check out the tribal tattoos resource at TESN.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18763

Even if you aren't interested in the tattoos that come with it, It does a good job of showing exactly where all the parts are in the texture file.

(you will need something like paint.net, gimp, or photoshop to use it. With paint.net you will need to add a plugin obtainable from the paint.net forums.)

Spend a few hours with photoshop and race menu~ I like you to meet Alicia 2.0

Alicia20.jpg

Alicia 2.0

The neck line is a lot less noticeable now. But since the v-shaped bone doesn't extend to the neck, I still won't let her to wear bikini in public yet :P

If I want to extend the v-shaped bone to the neck, do I have to mess with the 3D model? Or photoshop and do the job?

Here is her angry sister

Alicia10.jpg

Alicia 1.0

Archived