View File

The Follower-Dragon Aldura

Aldura is created as independent dragon-race.

She is not always behind you and it can take a while, that you will see her. For now, she is

not landing, as far she is not beginning to fight against your enemy. She is not making afraid

other npcs or followers, so that you can go everywhere without risk, to get into a chaotic

gameplay. 

She´s following slowly and within a huge radius. Her skills are not too high, so you have to wait

somewhere hidden for about a little time and watch the fight while she is "killing all the area from enemy",

or you help her with fighting, but at least she is the winner without being killed and she let you enough time,

so that you can fight also nearly alone. You get herewith no "killer"-dragon!!

She´s a fine indicator, where enemy is hiding and she is able to perfectly distracting your enemy.

The whole mod is working randomly by using only one dragon-follower pack and it´s suiting very

fine to the gameplay.

I ´d like in future, that she lands also on suiting dragon-sitting-markers, that are spread over

the whole skyrim-world.

Her "home" is near Whiterun.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/23/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

So, what's special about this mod? Are there plans for any kind of custom quest/dialogue/story/etc.? Will it include custom AI and behaviour at some point? Will it have custom meshes or textures?

I'm asking because there's a few dragon follower mods already, like Faallokaar (which also has a fixed and CF/SL compatible version here in LL) or Alduin Dragon Follower which do have custom AI and dialogue and such, and I would like to know if there's any reason to pick Aldura instead. Don't get me wrong, any more mods including dragons will always be welcome; it's just that I would like to know what this mod has to offer :classic_shy:.

On 23.3.2018 at 1:41 PM, Blaze69 said:

So, what's special about this mod? Are there plans for any kind of custom quest/dialogue/story/etc.? Will it include custom AI and behaviour at some point? Will it have custom meshes or textures?

I'm asking because there's a few dragon follower mods already, like Faallokaar (which also has a fixed and CF/SL compatible version here in LL) or Alduin Dragon Follower which do have custom AI and dialogue and such, and I would like to know if there's any reason to pick Aldura instead. Don't get me wrong, any more mods including dragons will always be welcome; it's just that I would like to know what this mod has to offer :classic_shy:.

The special thing about this mod is, that you don´t need to open the console and don´t need to fiddle around with settings. And this will be also after some updates. Faalokaar is different and the other mod I do not know. Plans: using the dragon markers and maybe flying and a resting-time in the night...no sex and no nonsence. Alduin can´t be ridden so far and he´s also not landing on house roofs...but this will be my next plans. Compared to Faallokaar***: my dragon can be with every other followers together-but that*** mod I will try and compare-I want to see the behavior of that dragon and/but  i personally don´t like the transformation to human (shouts are okay but entering the menu or opening the console during gameplay is not my way of modding).

And...the individual dragon-race comes with some advantages.

I have played with faalokaar...I prefer my mod-but I want another texture, too:-)...one reason: a dragon must not follow on the ground and must have some distance-not easy for him/her to see your enemy... Aldura is fighting more better, specially with a bunch of enemy and has it´s normal size (size will be changed, but slightly). Different smaller sizes are leading to missalignment, if the dragon is ridden. I also had collision with the normal sized dragon-skeleton, which was not suiting to the scaled dragon. Later, this phenomena luckily disappeared. But by walking, Faallokaar is often glitching through the ground (idk the reason)...better to have the dragon in the air.

But that dragon has a very nice texture:-))

What the mod can do (in version 1.0.0) is inside of the description.

This one has now also a nice texture:-)

After some hours of trying I got finally the bounty of the immersive dragon-flight !!!....without spell, without shout, without command and without console: wait for the dragon on the ground while she´s attacking an enemy, then be quick enough, climb her by pressing "E"  and take off !!!...you can use the common keys for attacking enemy  while riding the dragon as long you like and you can choose known map-locations so that Aldura is flying you there (not to the island of solstheim !!!), putting you on a free place down, jump off again by pressing "E"....danger: if you are not quick enough, you can fall from to high space and die: she´s not waiting for you - be quickly climbing down....this mod is "round" and "cute" so far....I´ll check that out for some hours and bring the update:-)...I want to optimize her size and her behavior.....

TESV 2018-03-24 00-15-15-64.jpg

TESV 2018-03-24 00-15-39-06.jpg

TESV 2018-03-24 00-16-05-43.jpg

TESV 2018-03-24 00-16-09-73.jpg

I don't know about special or not.  But I like that it didn't ask for requirements.  It fits into my current game scheme as to accompany a character, avoiding a hunt club, bounty hunters, and general rapists while trying to perform a quest.

I also thought the dragon was cute.  I would say special in simplification.  Thank you for posting the mod.  I love the new version, and look forward to seeing how the mod progresses. 

Thanks, this mod is not suiting really to the LL visitors, but some stuff I play with, I thought to share here, too. This mods (followers) and AI-tuned creatures are not complicated, but I like to create sometimes mods like this. And a "Dragon-Friend" is in my opinion inside of skyrim a "must-have":-)