Workshop

If someone is inspirated to follow this work in progress and want to try something for his/her own, I will document the steps of this work in process

Spoiler

Before deciding to mod skyrim, there will be a long time to get used to the game-mechanics, the quests, the changings through other mods. Some basic-tools to work with are Wrye Bash (look at the modpage for description, how to use it), FNIS (dito, for animations to work), LOOT (for a better loadorder), TESVedit (I use it for testing the loadorder, but there are many other possibilities to use this tool), Merge Plugins (the full version), Mod Organizer (its a choice, it has it own restrictions, but I am used to it) - something like ENB (look out for an ENB Manager, too).... Creation Kit, Papyrus Compiler might be there, but will be not used before you are some experiences with the game itself.

First steps for me to get involved with modding were the follower/companion-mods... something was disturbing, did not go well in some situations... how to change it, maybe the stats, the outfit... so the first steps are... change existing (easy) mods to your liking... and maybe it works only for me, but I suggest to choose your playstyle... look out for mods which will support it, tweak landscape, weather, followers to it (mainly discarding the ones not fitting in, installing the ones which does)... with time your "feeling" becomes the indicator for what is going well and what have to be avoid.

Now a personal experience to share... you will read about lags, CTD, not playable mods and similiar stuff... I don't say you can ignore it, some basics have to be done for playing smoothly with acceptable FPS... but try to find INGAME your testscene, your roadrun... for me it is "exiting Helgen Cave" and "running to Riverwood"... why running?... there are so many triggerpoints during the run, that it will show you if you have "stuttering screens", "frozen moments of the char" or even CTD... when you have a stable game the FPS will likely around 40 - 60 (in other words, smoothly running without failure)... another testrun is the way reverse.. but starting now from Whiterun/Honeybrew Mead to Riverwood/Helgen... yes, running through Riverwood... maybe the most triggered place inside skyrim... do this sometimes after major changes to the game (like a big change with installed mods, new ENB, new... you know it). If you have it done right, the running will be ok...

Why I suggest this kind of test? Everyone has his/her unique pc, skyrim... all tips about "safe to do, must have" are used with common sense, since not all is true for your situation... but the running is always the same for you (the way, if it is smoothly done or not)... and if you are very,very adventurous you might try to "ride" through skyrim over hours (real time, not game-time), just riding, avoiding fights, riding offroad, riding the mainroads, climbing, jumping... if there is no CTD over a long time, no effect like - help, the cache is running full - then you have done it well, your system is stable to play... the very, vey last step (and fitting for a succubus), try the same with flying... a warning before... flying is the fastest way possible to change cells ( not regarding the ingame teleportation)... the game has to synchronizes so many textures, that at some points they will look strange, incomplete... this is not a sign, that something is going wrong... it is just the good-old-skyrim-game-engine full in stress and not able to show you all in realtime.... flying will cause CTD at some points, but if you can do it over a long time, than your game is very stable (don't try to start the flying inside of one of the great cities... cities are special cells inside the game... it will be very different flying into a city from above or joining it through one of the doors as usual), flying above without entering is fun... but playing a game with avoiding lags, give the game time to adjust to the scenes, the script will be done better through walking... and never ever set the ingame-time to run faster as the standardvalue (this will break your game)

Enough of "forplay"... what have we done so far inside this mod?

We made use of MergePlugins (merging "summon succubus-twins" , 2 follower-mods "Rias and Akila"), we have esmified another mod (not needed anymore, but a way to add something to another mod), and since the new to released version (after 1.04) we will have other mods merged inside (with given permissions of the original authors) for having a special vampire-succubus-playground, we have created some summoning-spells, have learned how to build a custom-picture-book, have done a simple startingquest to poison the player-char with vampire-disease (changed with version 1.05 to do it otherwise), to give (any) player-char succubusabilities (now with the scriptADDON for succubusrace)... more or less little changes but greatly enhancing our possibilities to play this game

With all this we learn to do scripting, compiling changed scripts, getting used to CK and we are able to do minor fixes to other mods (maybe the author is not working with them, has left skyrim or went to SSE)...

New ModdingSkills (mainly some Startquests, some scriptingenhancement) will do the following from version 1.05 and above

we will go back ... the esmyfied "succubus-race" will be untouched, meaning it will be a normal .esp as in the original acces.. I will provide a script-patch, though, which will give all races the succubus-abilities... it is up to the player to use them (but installing this mod will suggest, to do it)... and some scripts will give some new summoningspells, changed succubus-abilities at char-creation-time (or first loading with this mod) to the player... the "background-book" is deleted (abilities and spells are given otherwise)... I will give you some sidequests, where Akila and Rias are involved with "missing books" or something similiar, where you can fetch some interesting photo-shots and will read something about their life (meeting the player, playing and infecting him, some "vacationtimes"... )

all quests will be provided (if possible) with addons to this mod to leave the basic-one intact

I have prepared a special "playground"... completely departed from skyrim (so no spawning of dragons, animals or other stuff - hopefully, don't know, which mods you are using)... with a followermanagement mod like "followerlivepackage" I tested Akila, Rias (they are coming without any changes to this location), there will be a "hidden prison" (similiar departed from skyrim) with a nasty teleportingspell for NPC (sending them directly there behind bars), though at "visit-time" from the player it is time for doing some interesting stuff with ZaZanimationspack...

since I have these places not completely filled up with this stuff, I suggest to look at "PAHE Sweet Home" and its dependencies... and/or a mod like "building cells" ... you are able to build up a nice home there, with ingame-spells and some nice spells, features, too... so you are able to enhance, change this two loactions ingame-style (changes only inside the savegames), so replay will be changeable every time without modding...

stay tuned ...

The older version 5.2 of summon succubus twins allowed for the creation of succubus with a spell. You could give your followers Succubi abilities. I know he has promised to update that feature to the newer version. Has he? I specifically use the older version for I would rather turn followers of my selection than use the twins.

hm... there is a reason to say... try to play with the abilities... under players-char-magic... is a lot of new stuff... also "succubus initiation"... used carefully (not all are worthy)... you are able to convert any opponent (not tried on animals or dead-ones) into a succubus... not a follower at this instant... but if you charm a little more, do a little magic with your followermanagement-mod... you have a new succubus ingamestyle... naked and with flammable horns... but I am sure you will find proper clothes, soon... not sure about all spells (but the needed ones for draining ... like "death by..." or "succubus drain"... or the flamming burst should be there...

giving other followers succubi-spells could be done over console-commands (just look out for equip-commands), a batch-file or might be in one of the next updates, if the need is great....

my experiences with followers (love to have vampires around) is, that given time, one tends to "unifiy" them... all have to have this, that... I am glad now over each variety with them... and skyrim is a mess with a lot of followers, around (I am trying this mostly to stress out the scene, to see, if something is going wrong with lagtime or other stuff)... a scene played well alone might not be so "smooth" with one or more followers around... an example for further sidequests... ever have tried to "tame" someone ingamestyle?... there is a second or longer, where the opponent shows some resistance... and before you can blink, Akila, Rias or other followers have put an end to it... killing the opponent before the tamingprocess is finished... (resurrect is a pain sometimes)... so generally you are mostly better ingame without any follower.... but where is the fun if it possible to have someone like "our" followers around?

Rockfield will develop his mod further on... if this one inside this mod will be a fork, I don't know, yet... in the coming version I have build some other summoning-spells with it (just for the fun or to show how it is done... serana, aela, arrara (ups... didn't want to give away secrets), freya as other examples... I have changed the "use"... from "doublehanded" to "singlehanded"... ...

the very hardcore-version to have a follower with succubusabilities and the race-mod as .esm? just change the race of the follower to the succubus-race

p.s.: Akila and Rias have fullfledged vampire and succubusabilities, Gotara and Kurusu are fullfledged succubi

Arrara (coming soon) is a fullfledged vampire-succubus, too

9 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Don´t really get it. The Succubus Race Mod comes with that Drain,Form etc. But what does this Mod do except put duplicate spells into my Magic Tab ? After reading the Book i only know my Past. Someone help ? Maybe ?

the whole mod is about playing as a vampire-succubus and using existing mods - showing how to adapt them to this playstyle. Sometimes it is possible to use them in the original form, sometimes there are changes to be done inside CK... how to do it is the second part of this mod... the succubus-race gives the succubusabilities only for the succubusrace, with a changed script you are able to have them for all races (so you are able to use the ones you like)... the summoning-spells were dualhand-spells... sometimes not handy when in combat... so there were changes for them, too... if someone wants to summon other npc/followers there is an example how to do it for Serana, Aela, Freya and custom mods like "pretty courier Lilly"... some spells were very low in power, for playing at hardest or in endgame, there were changes for that, too... there is a scripted way to have items/spells inside the playerinventory to shorten the time of char-creation for starting a new game... all is an example, what could be done from the user-side to existing mods... and if it is only done for yourself you won't have to look out for permissions... its all about sharing the fun... with this mod I provide a base for this playstyle and some suggestions to complete it with other mods (which are usable without changes)

if you have duplicate spells inside your char, then something went wrong with the installation (maybe some are from other mods?)...

to have a good start to play this style, there are followers with full-vampire-succubus-abilities (so the player could be infected again, if the player are going for a cure), there are special locations to train your abilities or go for some aspects of the life of a succubus/vampire... vampire-succubus-style has lots of aspects to play with, mods from nexus and from loverslab will give you many ideas and possibilities, so it is up to yourself where your priorities are (questing or playing within adultthemes), so this mod will not press you in a certain and not changable style (as some other mods will do with inbuild-punishmentsystems, unbreakable rules or pestering you every minute with other stuff as playing as you like it).

so it is a mix between giving you abilities, nice followers, locations and showing, how to change something inside CK without creating all new from the beginning... active playing... not only in consumer-style...

M

8 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

the whole mod is about playing as a vampire-succubus and using existing mods - showing how to adapt them to this playstyle. Sometimes it is possible to use them in the original form, sometimes there are changes to be done inside CK... how to do it is the second part of this mod... the succubus-race gives the succubusabilities only for the succubusrace, with a changed script you are able to have them for all races (so you are able to use the ones you like)... the summoning-spells were dualhand-spells... sometimes not handy when in combat... so there were changes for them, too... if someone wants to summon other npc/followers there is an example how to do it for Serana, Aela, Freya and custom mods like "pretty courier Lilly"... some spells were very low in power, for playing at hardest or in endgame, there were changes for that, too... there is a scripted way to have items/spells inside the playerinventory to shorten the time of char-creation for starting a new game... all is an example, what could be done from the user-side to existing mods... and if it is only done for yourself you won't have to look out for permissions... its all about sharing the fun... with this mod I provide a base for this playstyle and some suggestions to complete it with other mods (which are usable without changes)

if you have duplicate spells inside your char, then something went wrong with the installation (maybe some are from other mods?)...

to have a good start to play this style, there are followers with full-vampire-succubus-abilities (so the player could be infected again, if the player are going for a cure), there are special locations to train your abilities or go for some aspects of the life of a succubus/vampire... vampire-succubus-style has lots of aspects to play with, mods from nexus and from loverslab will give you many ideas and possibilities, so it is up to yourself where your priorities are (questing or playing within adultthemes), so this mod will not press you in a certain and not changable style (as some other mods will do with inbuild-punishmentsystems, unbreakable rules or pestering you every minute with other stuff as playing as you like it).

so it is a mix between giving you abilities, nice followers, locations and showing, how to change something inside CK without creating all new from the beginning... active playing... not only in consumer-style...

Is it possible that my Duplicate spells are caused by the Succubus Race adding the same spells as you do ? 

since I don't know, which version of this mod you have installed, I can only guess...

a) installing a prior version than 1.05 there are some variations possible

- installing the succubus-mod from nexus without and esmify it, starting a savegame ---> possibility to have double spells (since the adding with the book had no condition, if there was a prior spell with the same ID there

- installing a fresh game should be only one spell

- in version 1.04 was a slight bug, NOT adding the spells

b)  with version 1.05 there should be NO double spells, since it is only the succubusrace-mod from nexus installed and not esmyfied... with the changed scriptaddon there is a condition giving the spells (tested with a fresh game, there is only one spell... no double//tripple or more added with cellchanges or new loading a savegame...

the abilities from the succubusrace mod are changed in one point... there is a script, that indicates at everycellchange, that the "jumpingheight" is set to 300 (such overriding all gained experiences with other mods for this ability)... so I changed it to 500... we have wings, no "falldamage" and we jump high as succubus... coming from above to the victims is fun (try it)

all versions of my mod indicates, that you WANT to play succubus... so I changed the succubusracemod insofar, as giving ALL races (vanilla and custom ones, the succubus-abilities)... this is for freedom in choosing a race to your liking... if all races are able to become vampire, then there should be the ability to become a succubus or even a vampire-succubus, too (we like to play in this style - at least true for me)....

but since this mod is an example, it is possible to look out for other abilities... maybe beastraces, customraces and change their script to your liking... I gave all the source how I did it (decompiling the scripts from the succubus-mod and adding my changes with comments in it)

have fun in playing... and maybe you are able to tell others, if you have reached the surprisepoint of the hidden sanctuary and show them, that you have made good use of it

starting a "poll" ... don't know if there is a real possibility for it... so here it comes

since I have scripted the succubusrace for the abilities I was looking to substitute the tail (animated and/or static) for the succubusform ... found one working .nif-file, .xml (for the animation) and .dds-files for textures... want to know, if there is a need to give a new ScriptADDON with the meshes, xml and .dds-files, too...

or

should we place it here inside the supportforum, so everybody can do it for her-/himself?

4 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

since I don't know, which version of this mod you have installed, I can only guess...

a) installing a prior version than 1.05 there are some variations possible

- installing the succubus-mod from nexus without and esmify it, starting a savegame ---> possibility to have double spells (since the adding with the book had no condition, if there was a prior spell with the same ID there

- installing a fresh game should be only one spell

- in version 1.04 was a slight bug, NOT adding the spells

b)  with version 1.05 there should be NO double spells, since it is only the succubusrace-mod from nexus installed and not esmyfied... with the changed scriptaddon there is a condition giving the spells (tested with a fresh game, there is only one spell... no double//tripple or more added with cellchanges or new loading a savegame...

the abilities from the succubusrace mod are changed in one point... there is a script, that indicates at everycellchange, that the "jumpingheight" is set to 300 (such overriding all gained experiences with other mods for this ability)... so I changed it to 500... we have wings, no "falldamage" and we jump high as succubus... coming from above to the victims is fun (try it)

all versions of my mod indicates, that you WANT to play succubus... so I changed the succubusracemod insofar, as giving ALL races (vanilla and custom ones, the succubus-abilities)... this is for freedom in choosing a race to your liking... if all races are able to become vampire, then there should be the ability to become a succubus or even a vampire-succubus, too (we like to play in this style - at least true for me)....

but since this mod is an example, it is possible to look out for other abilities... maybe beastraces, customraces and change their script to your liking... I gave all the source how I did it (decompiling the scripts from the succubus-mod and adding my changes with comments in it)

have fun in playing... and maybe you are able to tell others, if you have reached the surprisepoint of the hidden sanctuary and show them, that you have made good use of it

Ok. Mh. Although i really still don´t get what this Mod does. Call me retarded but i really don´t know. The only things i got so far is that i can play a succubus with any race and that i can spawn followers. Im really searching for alternatives to the Succubus Transformation Mod because im really confused why you have to put the Meshes in yourself etc. It ended up ruining a 1 week save because the weird Triangle Warning stayed on my character. Anyways.  Have a Great Day.

to change the textures for the succubus you have to put changes into 3 directories of the succubus-race... I am not sure at this moment, if I will provide a patch for this, too...

but this is the way to do it:

look out for the installed-dir of the succubus-race... the 3 dirs are "meshes" - "skse" and "textures"

inside meshes go for the subdir "SuccubusAppearance" then go to "Tails"... there are two files "AnimatedHDTTail_01.nif" and "StaticTail".nif... save them (maybe with the apendix "_original"... then copy from the mod "wearable HDTTails" on nexus (do a little research) the alduin Tail.nif inside this directory, rename it to the "AnimatedHDTTail_01.nif"

inside the dir "skse" go for the subdir "SuccubusTail", save the original file (see above) and copy the Alduin.xml - file from the wearable mod inside it... renaming to the "SuccubusTail.xml"

now for the dir "textures"... also subdir "SuccubusAppearance"... save both files "Tail_dds" and "Tail_n.dds" (see above)... now there are 3 files inside the "wearable" mod in the texture-folder for alduin... for the animated-tail I changed both files to the one from "alduin.dds" (renaming it to the both original-names)...

inside the MCM check "animated tail"... the horns of the atronarach are going fine with my chars... so I did not need to change the horns, but the way is the same as for the tails (without the skse-dir)... the wings can be changed in color, textures with different mods from nexus, too... just load the mods with retuxtures after the "animated-wing-mod" and the "succubus-mod" before "animated-wings"...

this should work for you

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, joisback said:

Some succubus outfit and flying inspirations by using this and the following mods:

Outfit:

LadyBat CBBE

Gatti 14 Yumiko CBBE HDT

TDN Equipable Horns

Jennes CBBE Heels

Flying:

Flying Mod Beta

Flying Mod Overhauled and Enhanced

Also amazing to attack dragons in air battles!

Gwen Succubus.jpg

Gwen Bat Outfit.jpg

Gwen Gatti Dress.jpg

TS Outfit.jpg

Gwen Succubus Flying 1.jpg

Succubus Air Attack 1.jpg

Succubus Air Attack 2.jpg

Succubus Air Attack 3.jpg

Succubus Air Attack 4.jpg

Finally some succubi to see... how are you playing with these wings in the night? or inside dungeons? For me it would be a "bright light" and will hinder me to see the other stuff (maybe just ENB-settings).. but nice to look at during days.... maybe a script for changing wings with colors for night and days? we will see...

and please use the "spoiler" for the pics, just for better reading... thanks in advance

second hint: a mod like "immersive HUD" will give you the possibilies to hide the compass-bar or some skyutils-settings... so the pictures will have no overlays

race: winged twilight https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65364  

facechanges with presets, modified hairs

the char is like a shapeshifter... with vanilla-armor it has an unp-body with demoniac-textures, the less (or better the more some body-parts are revealing) is worn, it will change back to an argonian-based-texture... and it is a real shapeshifter in the sense, that it can change into vamplord, werewolf, sabrecat, bear, too

wings have different sizes... animated wings have size 100 and are activated with the spell or drinks (and given to followers to give them wings, sometimes, too)... the fullsized wings (size 150) are from the succubus-race-mod on nexus

racemenu is able to do a lot of changes (sculpt for making heads longer, smaller and so on)... hairmods are able to give heads differents looks... and there are mods to unlock hair-restrictions for all vanilla-races (like alll races can use all installed hairmods)... 

in short... have an idea and try to realize it... this is the real goal for this mod... acitive playing, show how to adjust existing mods to your personal playstyle... and since I love to play vampire//succubus I show it with this playstyle as example

p.s: the plus of using the winged-race-mod is, that there are special followers similiar to the char, too... so if you like to play rolestyle you are able to play as a clan, gang, familiy - too

p.p.s: using presets inside racemenu... go for presets to your liking with all needed files (not only the .jslot-file but the .dds- and .nif-file, too)... it is not important, which race it is... then give your char the wanted race, import the preset and after it import the nif (with the sculpt-tab in racemenu)... it is likely, that some presets won't fit, but mostly they will give you lots of ideas, what can be possible... the one preset, that comes near to your imagination try to change (lots of savings in during the process are suggested)... and try your favourite presets with other races, too... be aware, that sometimes the outlook will change, if your char becomes vampire (not all authors have the right pathes for the textures), so if you are playing vampire, too, look for your changed-preset with vampire-race, too... and/or, if you have saved not only the preset, but the .dds, nif via sculpt-tab, too... just reload the sculpt-files after becoming vampire, so your char will look at its best for you, again...

psst.... top secret... just between us... "for your eyes only"-level... it is worded at strange places, that this mod will attend the vampire-side very soon, too... but for heavens-sake... what has it to do with "Nora" ?

stay tuned... (you know the drift)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

since this mod is like a workshop, too.... I am too lazy to make a minor update to the main mod (still working on some addons, though), but the nice followers Akila and Rias are worth updating in the sense of playing with them...

just change Gotara and Kurusu to Rias and Akila, too... in such way you have the very succubuspart of them even with the possibility to summon and dismiss them (when handy) and their vampire part as the original ones at the same time. Yes, you are able to play with them at the same time (think of them as twins, with another trait)...

How it is done?... open CK with the mainmod... lookout for the both succubi "Gotara" and "Kurusu" at "actors"... edit them in the following style.. checkout all boxes like "use spells", "use keyword" (yes... ALL boxes)... then change the box "actor base"... use Akila and/or Rias for Gotara/Kurusu...check "use traits" ONLY (other boxes are to be unchecked) save... done

IF YOU UNCHECK the boxes after changing the "actor base" and check "use traits"  you have the vampire features (meaning exactly like mirror-twins), making less sense in the meaning of roleplaying (maybe you like them as twins, though)... for better roleplaying you might change the "name" of the succubi, too (like references to Akila in "Silent Mort Akila" or "Dominatrix Rias")

be sure you have not deleted the spells, armor etc after unchecking the boxes (they will correspondent to the succubus-stuff as before)

after summoning them you are able to put missing armors on them (old succubus-style or new one)... and Akila/Rias are very lovely as succubi... giving them animated wings will work, too (just up to a cellchange - but this is fun for some nice pics, too)  look at the blog vampire-succubus to get some ideas

• 1 month later...

this mod is like an example, how to have more fun playing skyrim using a special theme, backgroundstories and tweaking skyrim for a personal use... since I love books, tales about fantasy (yes, even vampires, werewolves, succubi, fae and others) I am using "this" theme to show, how it is done...

the main tools for tweaking skyrim are "creation kit", merging existings mods, modifying scripts - discarding the fact, that a stable skyrim has lots of needs to use LOOT, Wrye Bash, FNIS, Outfit Studio, Dyndolod, too). Skipping these basics and showing, that little changes are building up a great and fitting line into a special (role-)playing background.

Yes, there are many (and good) mods there, like "better vampires" , "moonlight tales", "succubus heart" and so on... but each mod is featerung a (little) part of the whole genre/playstyle... so a little "tweaking" will bring them together into a greater picture, so strange edges maybe a little cut and missing features from other mods will be brought in.

It is not about creating the wheel, new... I give all the honors to the original mods, it is a great work for all of us... it is the chance to have have 255 mods (max) to bring into play for each of us to play in a unique style, that is the basic of this playstylemod... the goal is leaving as much as possible to the original mods, but changing the features if needed to fit into the playstyle to gain a much immersive play-time...

so, to your "addon"-script... this is an example to change a script from one mod (for one custom race) to give access to all races (since we are playing a vampire-succubus, the playerchar can now use ALL races and having some succubi-features fresh from the start)... so you are able to use your favourite race to play with the mentioned playstyle, no need to bite into to table and wishing, you could be succubi, too)... all you have to do is to install the script into the mod-directory of the succubi-race (such overwriting the original script)... and "overwriting" something is just a variant of "tweaking" skyrim to your needs... .you do it all the time with LOOT, installing... but here it is a manual and selected overwriting (you are the boss of your playstyle)

Merging some other mods inside this playstylemod (like some very nice looking vampires/succubi), some special locations, some spellgiving mods for summoning should show you, that a lot of different mod CAN be merged (but not all should), so this is giving you some ideas to build a basic mod for your own (such shorting fresh installs) and putting around (many) other mods to complete your playstyle...

hope, this will give you more of the idea behind this mod... have fun in playing giving you "interesting times" (not in the cursing way of the chinese background - sorry, but like some wordplay for myself)

have fun