ENB that works with Blindfolds from Devious Devices

Hey

So I'm having issues with a super strong DoF while wearing a blindfold in Skyrim and it's making it impossible to play as it hurts my eyes. I know it's the ENB as when I was testing with just devious devices it was doing the same thing. However I cannot really run without an ENB any more as my game crashes without it every 5 minutes, or less. I tried with some presets and just the ENB base and it was doing the same thing. It's also not the blindfold setting being up too high as I slide that all the way down and it didn't change anything. 

So what I'm asking is what settings do I need to change/what is a good ENB preset to run with Devious Devices so I don't hurt my eyes. I like using DD Blindfold and not Leech's mode as I like to see my character in 3rd person during scenes, and it seems to be the same in both modes.

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Hazman said:

Hey

So I'm having issues with a super strong DoF while wearing a blindfold in Skyrim and it's making it impossible to play as it hurts my eyes. I know it's the ENB as when I was testing with just devious devices it was doing the same thing. However I cannot really run without an ENB any more as my game crashes without it every 5 minutes, or less. I tried with some presets and just the ENB base and it was doing the same thing. It's also not the blindfold setting being up too high as I slide that all the way down and it didn't change anything. 

So what I'm asking is what settings do I need to change/what is a good ENB preset to run with Devious Devices so I don't hurt my eyes. I like using DD Blindfold and not Leech's mode as I like to see my character in 3rd person during scenes, and it seems to be the same in both modes.

Thanks in advance.

"However I cannot really run without an ENB"

Yes you can, enb boost is what helps to bypass the RAM limit the 32bit applications have. So you can have the benefit of ENB without the visual effects, by using ENB without any preset you still have the visual effects of the standart settings enabled presets just deliver diffrent settings, again thats why there is ENBboost.

"DoF while wearing a blindfold...It's also not the blindfold setting being up too high"

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=2053063

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?page=42

Change that option or search a enb preset that uses the original processing or search for a enb preset you like and test it, its a matter of minutes to switch them out and try them.

You can also enable that option in-game so your choice if want to change that option in game when wearing a blindfold, search for a working preset or enable that option in the enbseries.ini which will depending on the preset the look of it.

If you put down the slider in DD's MCM its barely noticeable in my eyes, so it should change definitly in a noticable level.

ENB's are basically just presets of settings - you can adjust them slightly to suit your game.

In this case you could simply disable DoF on your favorite ENB if you don't like the effect or it hurts your eyes.

- Open enbseries.ini in the Skyrim base directory (probably should back it up somewhere first just incase)

- Find the line EnableDepthOfField under EFFECT and change it to =false

I believe this will disable any visual effect while wearing a blindfold with DoF effects enabled, which does make it much easier to play with them if the visual effects cause you discomfort.

48 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

ENB's are basically just presets of settings - you can adjust them slightly to suit your game.

In this case you could simply disable DoF on your favorite ENB if you don't like the effect or it hurts your eyes.

- Open enbseries.ini in the Skyrim base directory (probably should back it up somewhere first just incase)

- Find the line EnableDepthOfField under EFFECT and change it to =false

I believe this will disable any visual effect while wearing a blindfold with DoF effects enabled, which does make it much easier to play with them if the visual effects cause you discomfort.

its not about his enb's DoF its about the fact that some enb's instead of making the screen darker when wearing a blindfold rather blur out the game without changing the brightness which looks like DoF over the whole screen, but that has nothing to do with DoF. Disabling DoF does nothing the devious devices blindfold effect.

Thats a known issue and there is nothing to do about it besides changing your preset or altering the used settings so ENB's post processing effects dont get used.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=2053063

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?page=42

Edit: This is what he has to look at while wearing a blindfold, but has nothing to do with DoF itself.

20180308212552_1.thumb.jpg.54615fd063269f313440ac0db0fe3f8d.jpg

2 minutes ago, Deoxyribonucleic_acid said:

its not about his enb's DoF its about the fact that some enb's instead of making the screen darker when wearing a blindfold rather blur out the game without changing the brightness which looks like DoF over the whole screen, but has nothing to do with DoF. Disabling DoF does nothing the devious devices blindfold effect.

Thats a known issue and there is nothing to do about it.

I'm no expert, it has just been my experience that disabling DoF causes the effect of "Leeches" mode to also be disabled (and Leeches mod is required for 3rd person play, so I haven't checked what effect if any it has on the other modes).  If it is ENB specific, then I'd recommend Realvision with DoF disabled, as that is what I use without any visual blindfold effects.  Prior to disabling DOF Realvision would blur the world without significantly darkening it, which was not my favorite effect.

Edit: made a new post as I'm to stupid to delete picture and made the picture clearer with a red marker

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

I'm no expert, it has just been my experience that disabling DoF causes the effect of "Leeches" mode to also be disabled (and Leeches mod is required for 3rd person play, so I haven't checked what effect if any it has on the other modes).  If it is ENB specific, then I'd recommend Realvision with DoF disabled, as that is what I use without any visual blindfold effects.  Prior to disabling DOF Realvision would blur the world without significantly darkening it, which was not my favorite effect.

I said its enb specific, as some enb's are meant to be used with skyrims original effects and some use those of enb, but DoF as said doesent matter at all it simply depends if the preset you want to use has UseOriginalPostProcessing=false on false or on true.

What you look at in my previous screenshot is real vision without DoF as I use it aswell, as said changing DoF does nothing to this effect as it has nothing to do with DoF.

Unlike with UseOriginalPostProcessing=false changed to true which, as it disable enb's past processing effects and uses skyrim originals effects.

Devious Blindfold mode works as intended without post processing from enb and leeches mode dosent change at all

so whatever you did, you didnt change leeches mode by changing DoF.

Anyway I made you pictures so both you and the OP can comprehend the settings and the results (tested with blindfold slider at full strenght)

This should end the question of this often asked topic and I hope future people with the same question understand it aswell.

UseOriginalPostProcessing=false = DD blindfold not working /leeche's unchanged

UseOriginalPostProcessing=true = DD blindfold working /leeche's unchanged

20180308222740_1.thumb.jpg.d19ba22ea5f62296eb3ab95393fd6889.jpg20180308222736_1.thumb.jpg.ca67aa308b21d9fe8591701d4effd84a.jpg20180308222254_1.thumb.jpg.daff894e44eae0414a0b13e423fee63a.jpg20180308222256_1.thumb.jpg.875a5b8b9e1852f96a53089d54e837d5.jpg

Cheers guys, I'm going to try those settings with RealVision ENB which is what I normally use. If that doesn't work I'll try with the base settings, hopefully that fixes my issues

EDIT: that worked changed it back to original post processing thanks

Archived