Dragon Age II

Nblade

Less than 24 hours till release.... arrrg... damn release date check.

Haha yeah, I tried to bypass it too... Somehow I totally forgot about the release date, so thanks for reminding:P

Looking forward to it since I really liked the first game, this one looks even better.

Liked the first one, a bit worried that this one is a rush job. It's shorter, but hey. What's worrying is that you have to download the high settings separately, yea that's a first. No high resolution textures are included on the disk since they ran out of time before it went gold. I bet there will be like 10 DLC's from the content that didn't make it into the game though...for an extra price.

Well Dragon age 2 is step back comparing to Dragon age 1 and most of reviews agree about that.

Game can be beat in 13h !! (one guy made screenshoot from X360 )

99% of the game is in town (which looks like copy/paste )

Xbox 360 is just mashing buttons (no auto attack, tactical approach )

Must buy DLC even before game release if you want new companion and something else :|

Can't change companions armor.

But I will hold on with final note untill I will play myself :D

The most annoying thing about the Dragon Age series is the freedom I think. When you're leaving an area, you can only select places on a map and you teleport there. I think it's much better if you're able to explore the world like you can in Divinity 2 and Oblivion, of course. I haven't really played the game yet, that has to be said.

to be a a mage is unessesery because you get 3 mages and in my Party they just heal or stand around. i Play as a rogue its cool BUT if you are melee you are not that aweome againt a group but you could kill a boss nearly solo.  I prefere the Rogue.

I'm playing mage and carver's pretty annoying lol. If you play damage mage then you don't need the Merrill (she's a blood mage and can't learn healing) and if you play a healer you don't need Anders. Anders can't cast using health but is far more versatile then Merrill.

The game takes a lot longer than 13 hours to complete, I've been playing it all day for the last 2 days and I'm not finished with it and its made to be replayed at least 3 times. There's a lot of optional quests (that you could probably skip if you where playing on easy/normal) and which ones are available sometimes depends on your choices (ie: you get diffent quests depending on whether you join the mercs or the smugglers). The PC version plays more of less the same as DAO; auto attack is on and constant tactical pauses are necessary if you play on the harder difficulty levels.

Whats annoying to me is that the game keeps crashing all the time :'(

At first I thought this was just because I was using DX11' date=' but its been crashing pretty frequently with DX9. Seems no matter what I set the graphics to, it crashes after a while.

Weak...

[/quote']

That's a system specific issue, I've only had a single crash and I've been playing 10+ hours strait every day for the last 2-3 days. I'm running it on WinXP-SP3 using DX9 with graphics as maxed as I can get them on medium, my gfx card is a Radeon HD 4870 (512mb).

Crashes can be caused by lots of things, in fact the main reason I'm still using XP is that I've had issues with games like Divinity 2 using other OS. The standard treatment is...

1. check for background programs that may be interfering like Anti-virus

2. update graphics and sound drivers

3. If your using a pirate version make sure you don't have corrupt files or a bad crack; if your not using a pirate version try installing the latest crack (backup first) sometimes it actually helps with issues ironically.

4. Check the official forums; if your having a problem odds are someone else has it too and if your lucky they've already resolved it.

5. If nothings working contact support and hope for help/patches.

I'm enjoying the game right now but had to turn off DX-11 because of weird graphics errors when outside of Kirkwall. Despite that having fun with it so far, about 3-4 hours in right now with a couple of different characters. The differences between surviving siblings is quite dramatic and actually touching RP-ing as an older brother... Bethany is sweet, encouraging with my male rogue and Carver is becoming disillusioned and bitter to my male mage (and the world is seems).

I'm into the 3rd act now and fortunately some things are getting better(not spoiling anything), up to now any death that happened was a bit silly and had zero emotion. This game could have used another year of development, EA forced Bioware to release it early and many details are just not there. Its decent as a game, but below par for a Bioware game. As far as Bioware goes, EA is slowly going to kill them, slower then they killed Westwood, Bullfrog and Origin but they will.

Mage is always the funnest :) but you get the shittiest looking armour :( (well at least Mage's champion Armour is cool) and your stuck with that prick of a brother instead of a hot sister. That reminds me, what the hell is with female characters and odd colored neck-wraps! they really annoy me.

Male felt pretty weak early on, but now that I'm starting out in Act 3 and level 19, the mage feels over powered.

Just got my champion armor though, finally no more dresses. The mage champion armor was one of the main reasons I picked mage over rogue, the mage champion armor just looks to bad ass to pass up.

And while the story thus far seems rather unfocused, I'm enjoying it, seems more about the character and the world than any major storyline and that's fine by me. Though I'm sure end will have a major part in whatever the storyline is in Dragon Age 3.

I'm still at the first few quests of the game, and I think the ropes are pretty lame too... I've seen a Dragon Age Nexus so I will wait for some clothing mods. (little spoiler) And when the ogre came running, and sister got grabbed and smashed to the ground I was shocked, I rather see the brother being smashed... So I hope there will be a mod later on that makes it possible to play as Mage and keep sister alive instead of the brother :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far I've been playing it on hard as a male rogue, the first boss is literally kicking my ass all over the place, I've failed so many times here it's not even funny, but I hate playing games on normal settings so I'll stick it out, btw, it still looks pretty good on medium settings.

Archived