new anatomically correct body and skeleton

DeadSomething

Hi' date=' I just had this idea when reading this post:

[...']

Sadly in Oblivion humanoid skeletons the area around pelvis is really static, which complicate things, but if you have an idea in mind and you want to make it, it can be done, however it never will be 100% perfect because it is still so far from the real human anatomy, and i think nobody will make more precise skeletons for Oblivion, maybe in Skyrim.

i once used poser7 and had many different freeware bodies which seem to have an almost perfectly anatomic skeleton - maybe it would be possible to edit (a lot) to make them compatible with oblivion.

on the downside, this would definitely require to edit/remake all the animations that appear in the game aswell as all the armour and clothing, because every animation not fitting the skeleton would cause a CTD.

it would still be possible to rename nodes according to growlf's skeleton:

if the vertebral column of the new body/skeleton has 33 vertebrae nodes and growlf's has 7

from down to up:

Bip01 pelvis

Bip01 Spine

Bip01 Spine1

Bip01 Spine2

Bip01 Neck

Bip01 Neck1

Bip01 Head

it would be possible to have those corresponding in the new skeleton and animation to have the same names as those in growlf's.

from down to up:

Bip01 pelvis

Bip verteb01

Bip verteb02

Bip verteb03

Bip01 Spine

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip01 Spine1

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip01 Spine2

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip01 Neck

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip01 Neck1

Bip vertebxx

Bip vertebxx

Bip verteb33

Bip01 Head

animation moves skeleton -> skeleton moves bodymesh while if there are movement informations given and the corresponding node doesnt exist in the skeleton/bodymesh, it will be ignored.

i hope this isnt too freaking confusing :D

getting that to work in oblivion would be an absolute breakthrough...

wouldnt it be possible to even change that aspect of the game?

Possible' date=' yes. Difficult, very!!!!!! This is why it hasn't been done yet. However, if you manage to pull it off, you will be a hero!

[/quote']

that sounds tempting, but i dont know if i really got the skills to pull this off...

as far as i know, such work can only be done in blender and i havent ever worked with blender.

i'll definitely consider it.

wouldnt it be possible to even change that aspect of the game?

Possible' date=' yes. Difficult, very!!!!!! This is why it hasn't been done yet. However, if you manage to pull it off, you will be a hero!

[/quote']

that sounds tempting, but i dont know if i really got the skills to pull this off...

as far as i know, such work can only be done in blender and i havent ever worked with blender.

i'll definitely consider it.

this doesnt mean "sure, cant wait to start working on it!" :-/

reallife is tough and doesnt leave me with much free time.

also work is exhausting, so i'm not left with much free energy to do any projects. i'm already happy if i can play some vietcong or minecraft a few hours with good friends sometimes, which obviously doesnt happen often.

i still consider the idea of really pulling this off, but it wont start soon and i dont know where to start.

Archived