pink armor texture

i dont use nif and everything is default settings for install paths. the only thing i can this of is Cherry Hotalings CBBE Physics CHCBBEP - 2Pac Skimpy Armor and Clothing Replacer thats the only thing im using for nilla armor/clothes replacer and i use other outfit mods that dont use nilla armor/clothes and such so idk

Like @myuhinny noted, pink/purple textures in Fallout 4 are shown when the object in game has a mesh but cannot find the texture.  If the reverse is true (cannot find mesh, but found texture) then the object is invisible.  From what you say is occurring, it points to missing/not found textures.

I have used Cherry's body with 2pac meshes patch - and confirm that it's by default set up correctly.  Both the Cherry's 2pac Replacer and standard (non physics) 2pac replacer include bodyslide files - but only the 2pac replacer (non phyics) includes texture files, for some of the outfits.  The majority (all but 11) are using default vanilla textures, with 2pac.

To use Cherry's 2pac replacer - you would need to have also installed the standard 2pac replacer, which includes the new textures for the 11 outfits.  You can choose when batch building which style you want for the outfit (Cherry's physics or no phyics) where overlaps exist.

Which outfits are showing missing textures?  Is it ALL vanilla outfits, or just some?  If some, which?

Missing mesh can also have the big red warning with a ! in the center of it when you look at something that is missing it's mesh in game.

@melovepengy

You actually use nif's all the time because nif is what your mesh files are in and when I said nif I was talking about the outfit/armors nif file. You need to open it up in nifskope and check the texture pathway that is in the nif and the pathway that is game folder. This will also tell you the name of the texture file so that then you can try looking for it.

Get nifskope here

Fallout 4:

Open up a .nif

In the left panel, expand 0NiNode (or click a part of the mesh to do this for you)

Expand BSSubindexTriShape

Click on BSLightingShaderProperty to highlight it (not necessary, just for setting focus)

Note the material name listed here - this is the file that contains the references to the materials (texture assets) used.

Then get materials editor here

Open up that materials file to see which materials are being used (second tab)

image.thumb.png.fda14ff024c73507e02974bc7f71e2f7.png

image.png.73fefbb5a396459fcf27f45df08f954d.png

I always just use block details and then look at the BSShaderTextureSet for each item. If you click a armor piece the line on the left will highlight then check the texture pathway. Easiest way is to double click the line to highlight the line then copy and paste the line into notebook so that you can see it and then check the folder pathways to see if both match each other.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

To bring block details up click view - show - block details. This is where you can also close block list if needed I rarely use it so I always have it closed. You can also hit F3 to bring block details up as well.

Archived