Roggvir's DD Items Manager

On 18/02/2018 at 5:29 AM, Roggvir said:

I think this can happen when already wearing something that uses same body slots as the handcuffs, and RSE didn't stripped it before trying to put on the handcuffs.

Can you test to see what happens while wearing absolutely NO other clothing (just be totally naked, no earings, nothing).

I was noticing the same issue with my own game (DD chances in RSE and the manager cranked up, but still only be restrained infrequently). As well, there was generally a significant lag on having the DD applied.

Seeing this post I gave it a try with a nude character, and the DD application seems reliable and resolves quickly (well before the RSE CSA event fades to black to resolve instead of some time after it).

Now, the caveat here is I'm not running the DLCs so did modify DD and your mod to remove the dependencies as cleanly as possible for my own use, so it's possible I may have messed with something by doing that as well. So well my experience will not be 100% reliable to draw on, hope this helps.

11 hours ago, crayne said:

For clarification, this mod does not alter "cursed wastelands" built in functions that add random DDs, like when opening containers?

Nope.

It has its own function that other mods can call to get a list of random items, which are selected according to the configured probabilities and ON/OFF toggles.

It is then up to the other mod to equip those selected items.

So, for example, "cursed wasteland" would have to be altered to use this mods function for selecting random items.

9 hours ago, Helequin said:

I was noticing the same issue with my own game (DD chances in RSE and the manager cranked up, but still only be restrained infrequently). As well, there was generally a significant lag on having the DD applied.

Seeing this post I gave it a try with a nude character, and the DD application seems reliable and resolves quickly (well before the RSE CSA event fades to black to resolve instead of some time after it).

Now, the caveat here is I'm not running the DLCs so did modify DD and your mod to remove the dependencies as cleanly as possible for my own use, so it's possible I may have messed with something by doing that as well. So well my experience will not be 100% reliable to draw on, hope this helps.

Well, there can be always some bug related to those lists of "mutual exclusive items" i am using.

I will do some thorough tests later.

But speaking of lag when applying the items - something like 1 second delay is probably normal (its the checking of all those stupid lists - i want to rewrite it, but i am busy with something else right now, so it will have to wait).

57 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Well, there can be always some bug related to those lists of "mutual exclusive items" i am using.

I will do some thorough tests later.

But speaking of lag when applying the items - something like 1 second delay is probably normal (its the checking of all those stupid lists - i want to rewrite it, but i am busy with something else right now, so it will have to wait).

Hmmm well, before I tried going in nude it was probably more like 5-10 seconds, sometimes a touch longer. Enough for the RSE CSA to finish and me to limp away then the item would appear. But again, my tinkering may have influenced that.

Going in nude though, no noticeable delay at all.

And I fully understand busy, just thought I would post in case my observations help with anything going forward. Good luck :smile:

On 26.2.2018 at 5:44 AM, Roggvir said:

Nope.

It has its own function that other mods can call to get a list of random items, which are selected according to the configured probabilities and ON/OFF toggles.

It is then up to the other mod to equip those selected items.

So, for example, "cursed wasteland" would have to be altered to use this mods function for selecting random items.

Do you think you can make a patch for cursed wasteland? Kimi (the author) seems to be inactive.

On 28. 2. 2018 at 11:31 AM, crayne said:

Do you think you can make a patch for cursed wasteland? Kimi (the author) seems to be inactive.

Technically yes. But i am currently busy working on something else and i hate switching where i focus my energy, so it may take a few days until i force myself to do it.

Best would be to ask someone else, or remind me again in 4 days from now.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, Roggvir said:

Technically yes. But i am currently busy working on something else and i hate switching where i focus my energy, so it may take a few days until i force myself to do it.

Best would be to ask someone else, or remind me again in 4 days from now.

Even though you are probably still busy with your other project, this is your 4+ day reminder:

On 2/28/2018 at 4:31 AM, crayne said:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 10:45 PM, Olmech said:

Thought I would give this a try but cant get it to work. Tried installing with NMM several times, but the FOMOD installer never popped up. In game the DD Device Manager is not in my inventory and not craftable at the chem station under utility.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Roggvir said:

What do you mean by "the FOMOD installer never popped up" ???

If you are trying to pass the download link directly into the NMM, that won't work. Just download the archive, then drag it into your already open NMM, and it will land in the "Unassigned" category, then install the mod from NMM as usual.

Or did i completely misunderstood what your exact problem is?

On 2/17/2018 at 12:20 AM, Roggvir said:

I dont know what to suggest other than to double check everything is properly installed (including all dependencies) and activated.

- Devious Devices 2.0

- Four-Play with Four-Play Community Patch v2.6.1

- Four-Play Violate v2.5.1

Scratch the FP - obviously, you need the FP stuff only if you are using it - it is not required by this mod to function (that being said, this mod just wont do anything unless FP or something else is using it)

Is this mod's ESP even loaded? There is no way it is loaded and you don't see the "Devious Device Manager" recipe in Utility category in chem workbench - if you dont see that, then you either already have that item in your inventory, or the mod is not loaded.

OMG! SORRY, IT'S MY FAULT.

I noticed the "Rogg DD Items Manager.esp" requires my other mod "Rogg No-Strip Items Manager.esp" - which is just wrong, it is a mistake.

So, that must be why it is not loading for you :smile:

...i'll fix this in an update ASAP

I'm also confused on what to do with the file. I use MO and the fomod folder is missing a config.xml file so it doesn't run through fomod. In such cases I normally just install manually, but the fomod folder has all these txt files that look like setting files. Normally you'd think those files belong somewhere, but there's no indication where those should go.

Other thing: You should probably put the requirements (DD v2.0) into the first post.

On 18. 3. 2018 at 2:33 AM, nanashi50 said:

I'm also confused on what to do with the file. I use MO and the fomod folder is missing a config.xml file so it doesn't run through fomod. In such cases I normally just install manually, but the fomod folder has all these txt files that look like setting files. Normally you'd think those files belong somewhere, but there's no indication where those should go.

Other thing: You should probably put the requirements (DD v2.0) into the first post.

Your problem is that you are using the worst and crappiest mod manager ever created.

You should use the second worst and crappiest - the NMM - then you wouldn't have these problems.

Anyway, just install the mod like you'd install any other mod - ie. use whats inside the Data folder and ignore the text files.

And about the "other thing"...

Really? so it's not enough that it is listed in the REQUIREMENTS?

• 1 month later...

Uploaded version 1.0.2

The only change is the added MCM Menu (which is now a HARD REQUIREMENT for 1.0.2).

If you do not want to use MCM, stick with the older version 1.0.1 (there are no changes in functionality, the only difference between 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 is the existence of MCM menu in 1.0.2).

If you are updating from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, just uninstall the old version and install the new one.

No special cleaning steps neccessary.

EDIT: after updating from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2, it is recommended to use the "REPAIR MCM SETTINGS" button on this mod's main MCM page, to make sure the displayed values correctly reflect current settings.

2 hours ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

Both the categories and specific items I turned off are still being used most commonly. Do I need both 1.02 and 1.0.0 for violate?

You need one of the main files (not both, choose only one):

• Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.1.zip
    The older version without MCM Menu.
    Use this if you do not have Mod Configuration Menu installed, or if for some reason you do not want to use the MCM menu that comes with v1.0.2.

• Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.2.zip
    New version with added MCM Menu, otherwise functionally identical to v1.0.1.
    Use this if you have Mod Configuration Menu installed, and you want to use MCM menu to manage the DD items.

Additionaly, if you are using FP_Violate, and you want it to use the functions of this mod, you will also need the Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.0 - Four-Play Violate v2.5.1 patch.zip which contains a patched violate script (let it overwrite the original FP Violate script).

If you keep getting equipped any of the disabled items, you either made some mistake during the installation, or the items are beign equipped by some mod using the original DD equipping functions instead of this mod's functions.

So far i think only RSE is using this mod, and FP Violate (if you use the patch from here).

56 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

You need one of the main files (not both, choose only one):

• Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.1.zip
    The older version without MCM Menu.
    Use this if you do not have Mod Configuration Menu installed, or if for some reason you do not want to use the MCM menu that comes with v1.0.2.

• Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.2.zip
    New version with added MCM Menu, otherwise functionally identical to v1.0.1.
    Use this if you have Mod Configuration Menu installed, and you want to use MCM menu to manage the DD items.

Additionaly, if you are using FP_Violate, and you want it to use the functions of this mod, you will also need the Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.0 - Four-Play Violate v2.5.1 patch.zip which contains a patched violate script (let it overwrite the original FP Violate script).

If you keep getting equipped any of the disabled items, you either made some mistake during the installation, or the items are beign equipped by some mod using the original DD equipping functions instead of this mod's functions.

So far i think only RSE is using this mod, and FP Violate (if you use the patch from here).

Well when I tried installing 1.0.0 and overwrite violate, no devices get equipped any more at all. If I don't have 1.0.0 and just 1.0.2, they all get equipped as usual since it doesn't include the violate patch. I feel like 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 are conflicting with each other yet at the same time I need both if I want both MCM plus violate support.

48 minutes ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

Well when I tried installing 1.0.0 and overwrite violate, no devices get equipped any more at all. If I don't have 1.0.0 and just 1.0.2, they all get equipped as usual since it doesn't include the violate patch. I feel like 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 are conflicting with each other yet at the same time I need both if I want both MCM plus violate support.

To unconfuse myself - when you say 1.0.0, you mean the patch for FP Violate, right?

There is no way that the FPV patch (the "1.0.0" thing) can conflict with 1.0.2 in any way - the FPV patch (the "1.0.0" thing) contains only the altered FPV script (FPV_OnHit.pex and its source) and nothing else.

Did you use the "REPAIR MCM SETTINGS" button on the main MCM page? if not, try it, wait few seconds, then have a look at the settings again to check if they look right.

Try the "TEST" button on the main MCM page (give it 2-3 seconds) - does the message box list any items? are those items consistent with the settings?

As a last resort, you can try the "RESET TO DEFAULTS" button, then change the settings again according to your preferences, and see what happens when you try the "TEST" button.

21 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

To unconfuse myself - when you say 1.0.0, you mean the patch for FP Violate, right?

There is no way that the FPV patch (the "1.0.0" thing) can conflict with 1.0.2 in any way - the FPV patch (the "1.0.0" thing) contains only the altered FPV script (FPV_OnHit.pex and its source) and nothing else.

Did you use the "REPAIR MCM SETTINGS" button on the main MCM page? if not, try it, wait few seconds, then have a look at the settings again to check if they look right.

Try the "TEST" button on the main MCM page (give it 2-3 seconds) - does the message box list any items? are those items consistent with the settings?

As a last resort, you can try the "RESET TO DEFAULTS" button, then change the settings again according to your preferences, and see what happens when you try the "TEST" button.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah by 1.0.0 I meant the patch.

Everything seems fine with the 1.0.2 mod itself.  Test option works fine. Although I can't really test it in action as the only compatible mod I use is violate. It just seems the violate patch does not work because when It's enabled devious devices no longer work at all with violate (no devices equip) I'm not sure why =/

31 minutes ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

Everything seems fine with the 1.0.2 mod itself.  Test option works fine. Although I can't really test it in action as the only compatible mod I use is violate. It just seems the violate patch does not work because when It's enabled devious devices no longer work at all with violate (no devices equip) I'm not sure why =/

I am out of ideas right now.

I am not using FP Violate anymore, instead i am using RSE which includes similar feature, but it worked before and nothing changed regarding that functionality.

The patch didn't change, and if it worked before, then it must be still working even now.

So, if there is a problem, it must be due to some of the MCM related changes introduced in 1.0.2, but i just dont see what it could be.

Anybody else having issues with 1.0.2 and FP Violate?

18 hours ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

Any progress?

Please, let me know if you managed to solve it and how.

And if it's still not working, can you (or did you already?) verify that the FPV patch was installed correctly? was the original FP script "Data\Scripts\FPV_OnHit.pex" really overwritten by the one that comes from my FPV Patch archive?

Can you make sure its not a mod organizer issue (that it didn't overwrite the FPV script)?

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

Any progress?

Please, let me know if you managed to solve it and how.

And if it's still not working, can you (or did you already?) verify that the FPV patch was installed correctly? was the original FP script "Data\Scripts\FPV_OnHit.pex" really overwritten by the one that comes from my FPV Patch archive?

Can you make sure its not a mod organizer issue (that it didn't overwrite the FPV script)?

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. It overwrote the files from violate when I enabled the patch yeah. Found the new version in the correct folder. Tried moving the esp file of the mod up and down my load order as well with no luck.

1 hour ago, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

Unfortunately I haven't figured it out yet. It overwrote the files from violate when I enabled the patch yeah. Found the new version in the correct folder. Tried moving the esp file of the mod up and down my load order as well with no luck.

I did some testing...

I removed RSE and installed FP Violate.

Started a new game, went to the 3 raiders north east from Red rocket, got hit few times, FP Violate triggered a violation, everything worked.

Repeated 5 times - random DD items were equipped according to the settings every time.

I installed Sex Em Up.

Started new game, set the SEU hotkey to test it works (didn't pay any attention to any of its other settings), and then i repeated the same test with those raiders near Red Rocket.

Violation started, but the raiders kept fighting me even after i surrendered - i suspect FPV and SEU do not play nice together (SEU seem to have some assault mechanics too, from what i saw, so its probably clashing with FPV), or SEU needed some of its settings changed (which i didn't bother with).

Nevertheless, equiping random DD items still worked according to my settings.

Conclusion:

You should make 100% sure that FPV and SEU can work together, because regardless of whether the DD items work or not, these two mods seem to be having some major conflicts.

The DD Items Manager and its settings still worked, so i'd say there is a high chance you didn't install something properly - that being said, there could be still a bug in my scripts somewhere, which manifests only when the settings are set in a certain way, so i suggest you post the screenshots of all DD Items Manager settings (all probabilities, and all complete "allowed items" pages) so i can try the exact same settings and see if that changes anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have luck with this working with Deviously Cursed Wasteland?  That's where I get 90% of my straints and nothing sucks more than getting leg cuffs in the middle of no where and it taking literally 2 hours to get somewhere.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, Roggvir said:

Your problem is that you are using the worst and crappiest mod manager ever created.

You should use the second worst and crappiest - the NMM - then you wouldn't have these problems.

Anyway, just install the mod like you'd install any other mod - ie. use whats inside the Data folder and ignore the text files.

And about the "other thing"...

Really? so it's not enough that it is listed in the REQUIREMENTS?

@Roggvir, just out of curiosity, what are those text files in the fomod folder (ItemCategories and MutEx*)? Looking inside them, they do look important... Can we really completely ignore them? With MO2, just installing the Data, it will be like they don't exist (since the fomod doesn't contain the config file).

4 hours ago, phpones said:

@Roggvir, just out of curiosity, what are those text files in the fomod folder (ItemCategories and MutEx*)? Looking inside them, they do look important... Can we really completely ignore them? With MO2, just installing the Data, it will be like they don't exist (since the fomod doesn't contain the config file).

Those are my notes listing mutually exclusive items. Ignore them.

8 hours ago, slonez1 said:

Anyone have luck with this working with Deviously Cursed Wasteland?  That's where I get 90% of my straints and nothing sucks more than getting leg cuffs in the middle of no where and it taking literally 2 hours to get somewhere.

I dont think Deviously Cursed Wasteland is using this - unless someone made a patch for it that i dont know about.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I installed the mod and I got the DD manager showing up in my inventory. I toggle all the specific DD item to the one I want but every time I get violate only one DD item is randomly equip.  Is there a way to change it so that more than one DD item will randomly be equipped after being violated?