View File

This is a 3D model that I made using the 3D modeling program Blender, of Metal Gear REX from the 1998 PSX game Metal Gear solid.

i hope that someone can rig, animate, texture it, and then somehow turn it into a vehicle mod in Fallout 4.

Obviously bringing this machine to life in Fallout 4 or any game for that matter, would be an extremely long, complex, and daunting task, but if you have the technical know-how, or are a career professional in the field of game development and think you can do it, then by all means, please do!

• 2 weeks later...

This could also function as a buildable Automatron robot, too.  

For instance, i love how the sentries can "walk" if you cripple some of their legs.  I think it could be modified a bit onto a sentry-based skeleton and it could function pretty good.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:06 AM, mutle said:

This could also function as a buildable Automatron robot, too.  

For instance, i love how the sentries can "walk" if you cripple some of their legs.  I think it could be modified a bit onto a sentry-based skeleton and it could function pretty good.

It's 42 feet high sitting down and taller standing up.

The automaton build-a-robot crafting bench is tiny compared to this robot. So it would have to be found at a fixed position in a large open area.

It would be limited to places it could go because of it's size.

Also, the way it walks is demonstrated in the following video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciIVuUzhs2o

Well it could always be resized. But like i said, i think the parts, if rigged to those animations, could function okay.  But now that i saw the video.... the way it jumps/slides sideways, the assaultron may fit it better.  The body/head could be the body, while the turret could be the "head", that way it wouldnt go in melee, but still shoot. Hmm.

Making custom animations is incredibly hard, so i think that would be the best bet.   That said, i'm no modder, so what i say is not a fact.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:50 AM, mutle said:

Well it could always be resized. But like i said, i think the parts, if rigged to those animations, could function okay.  But now that i saw the video.... the way it jumps/slides sideways, the assaultron may fit it better.  The body/head could be the body, while the turret could be the "head", that way it wouldnt go in melee, but still shoot. Hmm.

Making custom animations is incredibly hard, so i think that would be the best bet.   That said, i'm no modder, so what i say is not a fact.

Fallout 4's creation engine might not support such extremely complex character animations.