"pixelated" gloss?

DenjiXMakima

hey there, I used  nifskope to add some gloss to the snin texture I am using and it's working just fine

but under certain circumstances, the gloss on the skin looks kinda pixalted

have a look

oh and care. the pics show bare breasts so, NSFW 

"normal" 

Spoiler

TESV_2018_01_28_02_42_45_80.png

"pixelated"

Spoiler

TESV_2018_01_28_02_43_03_42.png

TESV_2018_01_28_02_46_10_51.png

I noticed, that the weird effect shows up when the light source is behind the character model atleast to me it looks like that

anyone else expierienced this and has a solution for the problem?

I am playing with ruby enb, relighting skyrim and thats it, no further mods which change weather or atmosphere.

Used nifskope to do that how?  (just curious)  You could manipulate the existing spec map for that particular body texture and achieve the same effect, without the pixelation.  At first I was going to suggest that you have a very low res spec map laid over a high resolution body texture.  That may still be the case - what is your spec map resolution as compared to the body?  What does it look like in PS/Gimp?

hey thx for the reply :smile:

I am using this skin Real Girls Realistic Body the biggest version.

With nifskope I edited the values of "glossiness" and specular strenght under BShadinglightingproperties. I did that for body, hands, feet and head mesh.

regarding the spec map resolution ... phew I got no clue ^^' I am not that informed yet when It comes to editing textures by myself, so I can't rly tell you what it looks like in gimp. :confused:

"You could manipulate the existing spec map for that particular body texture and achieve the same effect"  :  I edited the mesh, you suggest editing the texture, would this be better / would it remove the weird effect? if so, how do I do that? ^^

lol none of that is true

Your issue is RGRB has shitty spec and normal maps because zonzai compressed the hell out of them, same thing regenbot and zwabardiebo do to all their skins, too. pixelation, pixelation everywhere (insert toy story gif here)

Get Fair Skin's specs and normals and voila your "problem" is mysteriously magically and permanently solved.

or Mature.

Those are your literal and only unpixelated/uncompressed all to fuck choices, and by choices I mean on the entire Nexus aside from BI.

11 minutes ago, 27X said:

lol none of that is true

Your issue is RGRB has shitty spec and normal maps because zonzai compressed the hell out of them, same thing regenbot and zwabardiebo do to all their skins, too. pixelation, pixelation everywhere (insert toy story gif here)

Get Fair Skin's specs and normals and voila your "problem" is mysteriously magically and permanently solved.

or Mature.

Those are your literal and only unpixelated/uncompressed all to fuck choices, and by choices I mean on the entire Nexus aside from BI.

I like the way you elaborate the problem ... xD

well, fair skin's specs and normals, which files of the fair skin mod are exactly the normals and specs? ( if I understand you right, I don't have to install the whole mod, only the specs and the normals), just gotta know which files to grab exactly ^^'  

oh and thx for the help

8 hours ago, 27X said:

Which is why I also mentioned Mature, which has a much duskier skin tone than Fair.

The maps you're looking for are *_n and *_s.

I can see that these "pixels" are gone with both of these maps installed ( mature and fair )  even though I only found mentioned _s. files and no _n files.

But the fair maps still have influence on the look of the face and so do the mature maps. First makes her look like a doll and second like a mid 40's woman. :confused:

I higly appreciate your help though. <3 

edit: well I used the few braincells I got and sorted out that I could only make use of the body maps and hide the face maps with mo. It's working just fine now ^^

thx alot <3

Archived