Fallout 4 sanctuary CTD to desktop

ExileofLife

Right, I require some assistance folks. 

I have followed the guide step by step.

And I get a ctd every time with out fail in several places in Sanctuary, namely the bridge going over the small creek. And its a clean, straight to desk top ctd. I am being driven mad here, as I tested another file with just as many mods BUT with out any four play mods, and it works bloody fine.

Here is my load order.

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
VideoMaster.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
four_play_resources.esm=1
four_play.esp=1
manlymanbuns.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
brotherhood of steel overhaul.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
HoloTime.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp=1
Keep Radiants In Commonwealth.esp=1
powerarmort49.esp=1
Vertibird Faction Paint Schemes.esp=1
VTO Redux.esp=1
PIP-Pad.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
PIP-Pad_Pip-BoyFlashlight.esp=1
LR_APCTransport.esp=1
LR_APCNukaWorldExspansion.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
WastelandCodex.esp=1
ChineseStealthSuit.esp=1
CircleAgent.esp=1
Dogmeat and Strong Armor - Tumba Munky.esp=1
llamaCompanionHeather.esp=1
CompanionHairstyleSelectionPiper.esp=1
CompanionHairstyleSelectionCait.esp=1
CompanionHairstyleSelectionCurie.esp=1
OK Guard Posts.esp=1
PowerFrame_Small.esp=1
Snappable Covenant Walls.esp=1
Prisoner Shackles.esp=1
SPDV-BettyPage.esp=1
SpecialVideos.esp=1
Burly Q set1.esp=1
Burly Q set2.esp=1
Burly Q set3.esp=1
CozyCouch.esp=1
FactionFlagsRedux.esp=1
Crimsomrider's Unique Furniture.esp=1
Crimsomrider's Slavery Mod.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights - Settings.esp=1
llamaCompanionHeather-AE Patch.esp=1
5% Fusion Core Drain.esp=1
RobotFactionPaint.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
DA Base Lingerie.esp=1
DA Harness 01.esp=1
DA Bondage Rope.esp=1
DA Oola Dancer.esp=1
DA Genie Outfit.esp=1
Crimsomrider's Accessories.esp=1
Clothing Of The Commonwealth.esp=1
DansesWearableHolotags_v01-2.esp=1
EvilViking13_WastelandWalls.esp=1
Crimsomrider's Obedient Concord Group.esp=1
CompanionStatus.esp=1
Killable Children.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
CWSS Redux.esp=1
SettlementMenuManager.esp=1
T45Outcast.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
Crazy_Animation_Rugs.esp=1
Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp=1
Dongs_Of_Fallout.esp=1
DiverseBodies.esp=1
4PlaySEU.esp=1
VIO_Strap-On.esp=1
Vinfamy_CP.esp=1
FP_Autonomy.esp=1
FP_Kidnapped.esp=1
FP_VanillaFudge.esp=1
FP_FamilyPlanning.esp=1
FP_Violate.esp=1
AA HotC - Standalone - SE - WE.esp=1
AA HotC - Standalone WE.esp=1
AA HotC - Standalone - WE - Alt Outfits.esp=1

Please dear gods....just tell me its something stupid.

And before its asked, I have verified F4SE, I have verified my INI files are properly changed, I have re-verified after I verified files on steam profile, and I have unistalled and reinstalled every single mod one at a time, before restarting the game and testing that exact spot.

And it only occurs with the four play mods in, so....please someone assist.

Nice work narrowing it down :smile: I haven't heard of the Four Play mods causing crashes like this yet, but it doesn't rule out some kind of conflict.

Try it without (one at a time)

FP_Autonomy.esp=1
FP_Kidnapped.esp=1

Autonomy scans for npcs in your vicinity and when found has a random chance to match them up for sex.  When leaving Sanctuary by the bridge, you're crossing over invisible cell lines and could be triggering some conflict.

Kidnapped - has a random chance to have the player get darted and kidnapped.  Again, when leaving Sanctuary and crossing over the invisible line, it could be causing some kind of conflict.

4 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Nice work narrowing it down :smile: I haven't heard of the Four Play mods causing crashes like this yet, but it doesn't rule out some kind of conflict.

Try it without (one at a time)

FP_Autonomy.esp=1
FP_Kidnapped.esp=1

Autonomy scans for npcs in your vicinity and when found has a random chance to match them up for sex.  When leaving Sanctuary by the bridge, you're crossing over invisible cell lines and could be triggering some conflict.

Kidnapped - has a random chance to have the player get darted and kidnapped.  Again, when leaving Sanctuary and crossing over the invisible line, it could be causing some kind of conflict.

Testing now, many thanks.

Following this out of curiosity: I have a much older build of FO4 due to turning off updates 10 months ago for a stable experience. But this leaves me without some of the newer ones like MCM. Been thinking of copying my game archive back to the main, updating that, and deciding what mods to use.

Looking at your mod list kinda pushed that feeling so I need to finish my current saves then start with a clean slate.

BTW: Crash To Desktop - CTD. In case you didn't realize you were being redundant. I have to look up all kinds of 'new' abbreviations/etc. that I've never used in conversation that others create and in a matter of weeks it goes viral. Getting too old for the internet. :smiley:

Well...seems I am either extremely dumb, or extremely fortunate it wasn't worse.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/64627-wip-dogmeats-genital/

This mod was causing an immediate ctd straight to desktop, linked inside the guide. Are the beast genitals no longer able to be used inside of fallout 4 now? Is there another version or mod to replace this one?

Notation: I am asking this because I used Dongs of Fallout, and I can not tell if that has dog support or not.

13 minutes ago, landess said:

Following this out of curiosity: I have a much older build of FO4 due to turning off updates 10 months ago for a stable experience. But this leaves me without some of the newer ones like MCM. Been thinking of copying my game archive back to the main, updating that, and deciding what mods to use.

Looking at your mod list kinda pushed that feeling so I need to finish my current saves then start with a clean slate.

BTW: Crash To Desktop - CTD. In case you didn't realize you were being redundant. I have to look up all kinds of 'new' abbreviations/etc. that I've never used in conversation that others create and in a matter of weeks it goes viral. Getting too old for the internet. :smiley:

You and me both...I assumed a CTD and a CTD clean with out papyrus or even a notification you crashed was different >_<.

Glad you got to the bottom of it quickly, blessing in disguise.

I have some research to do now concerning your mod list, looks interesting.

Have you tried Fusion City Rising?

There is a mod called Durable Vertibirds making them much tougher to bring down that I use. As well as Ultra Immersive Sexy Magazines which is one of the most tasteful magazine cover overhauls that respects the lore.

Just sharing... Enjoy crossing the bridge now that you can.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2017 at 2:35 PM, ExileofLife said:

Well...seems I am either extremely dumb, or extremely fortunate it wasn't worse.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/64627-wip-dogmeats-genital/

This mod was causing an immediate ctd straight to desktop, linked inside the guide. Are the beast genitals no longer able to be used inside of fallout 4 now? Is there another version or mod to replace this one?

Notation: I am asking this because I used Dongs of Fallout, and I can not tell if that has dog support or not.

This was my problem!  Thanks for the heads up.

Archived