13 hours ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

Do skins come packed with this mod, or do we download those separately? If they do come with the mod, I think I installed wrong? I have the 999999_darkestdesire folder inside the mods folder. It shows up ingame, but all the skins are still vanilla.

Skins are separate :)

Not to toot my own horn, but I've got a skin pack I'm building up in the more general DD thread:

Also, if you install the Voivode custom class: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1533032528

For some reason it messes up the camping skill list and a couple of the skills end up overlaid on top of each other so you can't properly buy them. I'm away from my PC right now so I can't confirm what I did to fix the issue, but in case anyone gets the same issue, this class mod is the reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:20 AM, cweez said:

Also, if you install the Voivode custom class: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1533032528

For some reason it messes up the camping skill list and a couple of the skills end up overlaid on top of each other so you can't properly buy them. I'm away from my PC right now so I can't confirm what I did to fix the issue, but in case anyone gets the same issue, this class mod is the reason.

Thanks for letting us know about the camping skill culprit, that bug's been bugging me for ages. Such a shame though, I really loved that mod.

6 hours ago, Saber2th said:

Thanks for letting us know about the camping skill culprit, that bug's been bugging me for ages. Such a shame though, I really loved that mod.

No worries. It was really easy to fix, you just need to edit a file in your text editor of choice:

<steam directory>\steamapps\workshop\content\262060\1533032528\campaign\town\buildings\camping_trainer\camping_trainer.layout.darkest

I fixed it by changing the 7th line to read:     .skill_start_pos 60 370

Instead of     .skill_start_pos 60 200

That forced everything on to a new line which stopped the overlap. Not the prettiest fix, and no idea how it will work on different screen resolutions, but that did the job for me at least. Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, cweez said:

No worries. It was really easy to fix, you just need to edit a file in your text editor of choice:

<steam directory>\steamapps\workshop\content\262060\1533032528\campaign\town\buildings\camping_trainer\camping_trainer.layout.darkest

I fixed it by changing the 7th line to read:     .skill_start_pos 60 370

Instead of     .skill_start_pos 60 200

That forced everything on to a new line which stopped the overlap. Not the prettiest fix, and no idea how it will work on different screen resolutions, but that did the job for me at least. Hope that helps!

It worked perfectly, thanks alot!

For some reason, trying to check either the Jester or the Wolf Knight (Abysswalker) classes in the hamlet causes a CTD. For now I've moved the original class mod higher in the load order so it overrules the new camping abilities, but I still can't access the Jester. Does anyone know how to fix this?

@ Eismann

Hey there, I am the mod author of Ultima Icons. I was going to release a version of Ultima Icons called Ultima Camping that adds the functionality to all camping skills. I was wondering if I would have your permission to extend Ultima Camping's support to Darkest Desires. I would be uploading the edeted Icons on the nexus and I will obviously credit yourself and anyone else that you note needs credeting aswell as linking your original mod aswell as mine on the mod page of course.

If this is all ok I would be very greatful as I don't want make sure to do everything above board at the same time makingsure nobody has to miss out on my the features of Ultima Icons

45 minutes ago, MotokoKHammond said:

@ Eismann

Hey there, I am the mod author of Ultima Icons. I was going to release a version of Ultima Icons called Ultima Camping that adds the functionality to all camping skills. I was wondering if I would have your permission to extend Ultima Camping's support to Darkest Desires. I would be uploading the edeted Icons on the nexus and I will obviously credit yourself and anyone else that you note needs credeting aswell as linking your original mod aswell as mine on the mod page of course.

If this is all ok I would be very greatful as I don't want make sure to do everything above board at the same time makingsure nobody has to miss out on my the features of Ultima Icons

Dont know about Eismann but i give you my permission to do it.

4 hours ago, Kensou said:

Dont know about Eismann but i give you my permission to do it.

Hehe well ty for your support. I would rather get permission from all required parties though, I want to make sure everyones fine and everything is done above board ^_^. Last thing I want is to anoy anyone without meaning too. x

• 2 weeks later...

(Editing my previous post as I now downloaded the latest version)

Very nice mod, aside from the somewhat overlapping pricing in the survivalist camp skill purchase menu, but that doesn't really matter too much anyway. It's not like you spend much time there.

I will be making some edits and additions to the english.string_table as I see some spelling + grammatical mistakes. Also will edit some to make the word choice more natural.

I will post the file here when it's done.

Cheers.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, AloyBaeloy said:

(Editing my previous post as I now downloaded the latest version)

Very nice mod, aside from the somewhat overlapping pricing in the survivalist camp skill purchase menu, but that doesn't really matter too much anyway. It's not like you spend much time there.

I will be making some edits and additions to the english.string_table as I see some spelling + grammatical mistakes. Also will edit some to make the word choice more natural.

I will post the file here when it's done.

Cheers.

Look for a post I replied to above. Cweez was kind enough to post a fix for that overlapping problem. Thanks for doing the spell checks, I've bound to make a lot of mistakes.

I've finally started playing DD again and have added a few more modded classes to the list plus their dialogues:

darkestdesire.string_table.xml

succubus.camping_skills.json wraith_ms.camping_skills.json keeper.camping_skills.json voivode.camping_skills.json exorcist.camping_skills.json duchess.camping_skills.json

monk.camping_skills.json beastmaster.camping_skills.json

On 6/15/2019 at 4:32 PM, Saber2th said:

Look for a post I replied to above. Cweez was kind enough to post a fix for that overlapping problem. Thanks for doing the spell checks, I've bound to make a lot of mistakes.

I've finally started playing DD again and have added a few more modded classes to the list plus their dialogues:

darkestdesire.string_table.xmlFetching info...

succubus.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... wraith_ms.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... monk.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... keeper.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... voivode.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... beastmaster.cFetching info... exorcist.camping_skills.jsonFetching info... amping_skills.jsonFetching info... duchess.camping_skills.jsonFetching info...

Seems like the Duchess file dosen't work :/ Succubus and beastmaster working great, Duchess still has all her old skills 

On 6/15/2019 at 5:32 PM, Saber2th said:

Hi Saber2th

Thanks for your updates. May I ask if you could provide your strings already compiled as a mod-only *.loc file? The localisation.exe in the GOG version isn't working for mod-only string tables. It can only compile tables in the vanilla folder, rendering the plugin mod structure moot.

Best regards

Kalderon

19 hours ago, thegrimreaper2 said:

Seems like the Duchess file dosen't work :/ Succubus and beastmaster working great, Duchess still has all her old skills 

Hmm it's working on mine. I'll have to see if anyone else is having this problem.

8 hours ago, Kalderon said:

Hi Saber2th

Thanks for your updates. May I ask if you could provide your strings already compiled as a mod-only *.loc file? The localisation.exe in the GOG version isn't working for mod-only string tables. It can only compile tables in the vanilla folder, rendering the plugin mod structure moot.

Best regards

Kalderon

I'm afraid I don't know how to do that, it sounds out of my league, I simply edit the files in Notepad++.

37 minutes ago, Saber2th said:

I'm afraid I don't know how to do that, it sounds out of my league, I simply edit the files in Notepad++.

Then how do you see your edits ingame?

As far as I know, the *.xml files need to be compiled with the localization.exe into *.loc files. Only the *.loc files are recognized ingame. Without compiling, the game won't recognize your edits since it doesn't read the xml's at runtime, it reads the loc's.

Best regards

Kalderon

7 hours ago, Kalderon said:

Then how do you see your edits ingame?

As far as I know, the *.xml files need to be compiled with the localization.exe into *.loc files. Only the *.loc files are recognized ingame. Without compiling, the game won't recognize your edits since it doesn't read the xml's at runtime, it reads the loc's.

Best regards

Kalderon

I simply ran the localization.bat file every time I edited the xml. lmao I never even realize that it was rewriting the .loc file all this time.

darkestdesire_english.loc

18 hours ago, Saber2th said:

I simply ran the localization.bat file every time I edited the xml. lmao I never even realize that it was rewriting the .loc file all this time.

darkestdesire_english.loc 112.16 kB · 5 downloads

Thx, works like a charm.

However, you may want to check the monk file you have posted. Looks like you forgot to add the desire skills there and just posted the regular ones.

Based on your string table, you wanted to add female_massage and male_highwayman_midnight_facial to him, correct? I've attached a skill file where I added them.

Best regards

Kalderon

monk.camping_skills.json

8 hours ago, Kalderon said:

Thx, works like a charm.

However, you may want to check the monk file you have posted. Looks like you forgot to add the desire skills there and just posted the regular ones.

Based on your string table, you wanted to add female_massage and male_highwayman_midnight_facial to him, correct? I've attached a skill file where I added them.

Best regards

Kalderon

monk.camping_skills.json 9.87 kB · 0 downloads

Oh yeah thanks for that. Probably the last monk update overwrote the skills.json without me noticing it.

I've also been tinkering with the skills again and making them even more balanced and made sense in my opinion. For example, crusader's white knight skill actually give the receiver bonus stress damage resist while being guarded. Now all the skills distinguish from each other, not just a difference between stress heal amounts. I'll just put it up here in case someone's interested.

Be warned, don't use this if you don't have the werewolf class installed, it uses one of their camping effects.

default.camping_skills.json

On 6/16/2019 at 3:05 PM, thegrimreaper2 said:

You have to add the line raid/camping/duchess.camping_skills.json to the modfiles.txt for it to be recognized by the game. 

1 hour ago, waggy345 said:

You have to add the line raid/camping/duchess.camping_skills.json to the modfiles.txt for it to be recognized by the game. 

Actually, provided you are only installing mods manually and not via Steam Workshop, its even better to delete modfiles.txt. When this files is deleted, Darkest Dungeon always loads all files in the mod folder instead of only the files specified in modfiles.txt => saves a lot of headaches when merging files into one mod folder and/or trying to make workshop mods working with the GOG version of the game.

No idea if Steam needs that file for updating the mod, but Darkest Dungeon doesn't need it at all.

Best regards

Kalderon

• 2 weeks later...

As some people have reported, the Exhibitionist quirk has a different effect than the description says. It says -5% prot, but gives -5 dodge.

Until this is adressed by the mod author, you can fix this yourself by opening "darkestdesire.overrides.quirk_library.json" (located in the "shared/quirk" folder) in in a text editor like notepad++, search for the exhibitionist perk, and under "buffs" change "DEF-5" to "PROT-5". Remember to run the localization.bat afterwards.

I do not have the new characters.  They do not appear randomly in the stagecoach.  I only have the normal characters' camping skills' new names.

Is there some story event that must take place before they'll appear?

-GOG version, installed as instructed above.  The mod shows up in my mod list in-game.

18 hours ago, ermllmre said:

I do not have the new characters.  They do not appear randomly in the stagecoach.  I only have the normal characters' camping skills' new names.

Is there some story event that must take place before they'll appear?

-GOG version, installed as instructed above.  The mod shows up in my mod list in-game.

That has nothing to do with this mod, this mod only alters the camping skills of their respective class mods. Did you install those class mods beforehand?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...