Outfit Studio Custom Body as Reference?

MrMoopicorn

I want to know if it is possible to create outfits in Outfit Studio using my own custom body as a reference. I have a body mesh with the whole HDT Working Vagina thing going on that I have also made a few custom sliders for to change it's shape more to my liking. All of the other sliders are the same as the ones on the base CBBE body except a few extra vagina sliders and those of my own making. The body is basically a copy of the CBBE HDT body with the added vagina mesh and sliders. It works perfectly fine as a naked body in game, all of the sliders work as intended and everything. The problem arises when I try to convert an outfit to this body.

I want all of my outfits to be the same shape as my body, so in order to do this I would need to convert my outfits to my body and conform them to my new sliders. I tried doing this by opening one of my outfits that already had the CBBE body as the base shape, then I selected File, Load Reference, and then chose my bodies slider set from a file. All good so far. I then conformed all and fiddled with the brushes to remove clipping, copied bone weights and finally saved as a new project. All of the sliders were working perfectly fine in outfit studio up until this point. But then if I previewed the outfit in bodyslide with a preset applied to it neither the body nor the outfit changed shape. I tried adjusting the sliders of the preset but nothing changed. It's as if my body doesn't have slider data at all, but it does because it works fine by itself.

I want to know if I am missing some step or some critical information. Is it even possible to do this, or can you only use CBBE variants as the base shape? Please help.

EDIT: I noticed that the CBBE body uses lots of .bsd files in the ShapeData folder, but my body (along with any new projects I create) uses only a single .osd file which I assume contains all the data that the many .bsd files would contain for the CBBE body. Don't know if this is important.

Never mind, I have fixed the issue. Outfit studio was saving the .osp with the base shape data folder under the wrong name for some reason. Instead of the data folder being the name of the folder where my body's data is stored, it was just "D", which is not the correct location. No wonder the sliders weren't working.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived