Any thoughts/suggestions on this load order?

gheedorah

I have been adding and removing mods, patching and playing for a day or two, adding or removing more, rinse, repeat- figuring out what things I want/need/can't afford/etc. I've finalized it, and am about to start on patches and playtest a little tonight, but I'm trying a new approach, instead of just letting LOOT do whatever it will do. I found some guides that discussed sorting (both mod list and plugin list) in groups (which should generally match each other). So, I'm about to look in TES5 and check out all the conflicts that I probably can't figure out how to resolve anyway, and then do the patches, and try it out...if anyone has a little time over the next day or two (and the experience) and can look at my load order and give me any input, I'd be very grateful.

https://modwat.ch/u/argus_eye/modlist

Thanks for any and all responses.

2 hours ago, gheedorah said:

I have been adding and removing mods, patching and playing for a day or two, adding or removing more, rinse, repeat- figuring out what things I want/need/can't afford/etc. I've finalized it, and am about to start on patches and playtest a little tonight, but I'm trying a new approach, instead of just letting LOOT do whatever it will do. I found some guides that discussed sorting (both mod list and plugin list) in groups (which should generally match each other). So, I'm about to look in TES5 and check out all the conflicts that I probably can't figure out how to resolve anyway, and then do the patches, and try it out...if anyone has a little time over the next day or two (and the experience) and can look at my load order and give me any input, I'd be very grateful.

https://modwat.ch/u/argus_eye/modlist

Thanks for any and all responses.

Replace all the unofficial patches with USLEEP as stated above https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/

Get the RDO loose patches and use the RDO FLP patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74568/?tab=files  This will make RDO and FLP work better together.  Also add the Usleep patch, and whatever other patches you need.

Immersive citizens can be buggy... especially when using mods that alter landscape such as open cities. (which you have)  You should think about removing it. Unless it was updated and repaired by the author at some point and I was unaware of it.  Something to watch for anyway... you will know things are askew if NPCs take a long time to respond or move during scripted scenes.

Wet and cold will cause unnecessary script load especially when you have it dynamically adding items to everyone based on weather.  You should watch your script lag and if it is heavy, you may want to consider this as a candidate for removal. Frostfall has a frost shader built into it.. and for wetness, you can use something like wetfunction redux. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2753-wet-function-redux/ that also takes into account SL activities and frostfall. You will lose dynamic clothing and npc weather AI, but... I think it is a lot healthier for your scripts in the long run.

You could use CCO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49791 instead of cloaks of skyrim, and you could then disable that particular plugin IIRC.. you'll get more out of the plugin slot that way.   But this is not necessary...  just something to consider.  It may also complicate your load order with more patches, however...  but most people include this as part of a standard setup.

Using Less intrusive hud and Ihud together is redundant isn't it?  I'm not sure why you would want to do this and cause potential conflicts...  but maybe you know something I do not.  So I will leave that for you to decide if you need them both.

Skytest will cause unnecessary cpu load especially when used in conjunction with Immersive citizens.  I hope you have a powerful rig, because you are going to be processing a LOT of data frequently.  You may want to reconsider this one.  I have experienced NPC's standing around doing nothing on many occasions when using this.  This is because there is only so much AI you can handle at a time.  You can increase this in your bashed patch settings, but I always ran into problems.   If you notice things standing around doing nothing.. you may want to remove this.

You spent a lot of time trying to beautify many of your females... yet you did not add the wench series!  Blasphemy!   ok.. personal taste i guess.  Well... if you are ever interested, take a look at lordkoz hateful deadly forgotten judgement and immersive wenches.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2618380?tab=user+files.   You would need to fix incompatibilites with obis with a bashed patch and some xedit tweaking though.  So maybe you don't want to fuss with it.

12 hours ago, Lodakai said:

Replace all the unofficial patches with USLEEP as stated above https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/

Get the RDO loose patches and use the RDO FLP patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74568/?tab=files  This will make RDO and FLP work better together.  Also add the Usleep patch, and whatever other patches you need.

Immersive citizens can be buggy... especially when using mods that alter landscape such as open cities. (which you have)  You should think about removing it. Unless it was updated and repaired by the author at some point and I was unaware of it.  Something to watch for anyway... you will know things are askew if NPCs take a long time to respond or move during scripted scenes.

Wet and cold will cause unnecessary script load especially when you have it dynamically adding items to everyone based on weather.  You should watch your script lag and if it is heavy, you may want to consider this as a candidate for removal. Frostfall has a frost shader built into it.. and for wetness, you can use something like wetfunction redux. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2753-wet-function-redux/ that also takes into account SL activities and frostfall. You will lose dynamic clothing and npc weather AI, but... I think it is a lot healthier for your scripts in the long run.

You could use CCO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49791 instead of cloaks of skyrim, and you could then disable that particular plugin IIRC.. you'll get more out of the plugin slot that way.   But this is not necessary...  just something to consider.  It may also complicate your load order with more patches, however...  but most people include this as part of a standard setup.

Using Less intrusive hud and Ihud together is redundant isn't it?  I'm not sure why you would want to do this and cause potential conflicts...  but maybe you know something I do not.  So I will leave that for you to decide if you need them both.

Skytest will cause unnecessary cpu load especially when used in conjunction with Immersive citizens.  I hope you have a powerful rig, because you are going to be processing a LOT of data frequently.  You may want to reconsider this one.  I have experienced NPC's standing around doing nothing on many occasions when using this.  This is because there is only so much AI you can handle at a time.  You can increase this in your bashed patch settings, but I always ran into problems.   If you notice things standing around doing nothing.. you may want to remove this.

You spent a lot of time trying to beautify many of your females... yet you did not add the wench series!  Blasphemy!   ok.. personal taste i guess.  Well... if you are ever interested, take a look at lordkoz hateful deadly forgotten judgement and immersive wenches.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2618380?tab=user+files.   You would need to fix incompatibilites with obis with a bashed patch and some xedit tweaking though.  So maybe you don't want to fuss with it.

I'm familiar with USLEEP. I can't remember which, but I have one or two mods that for some reason have a problem with the masters-swapping process with USLEEP. I have it bookmarked somewhere. I figured if I have the room to spare, it's ok to just keep on with the older individual patches? Am I hurting myself? (Aside from a few less plugin spots...but I've got 13 .esps that I don't let WB merge, which would be my starting point anyway if I ever needed the extra space).

I already have the RDO - Follower Live Package patch. It was an option from the FOMOD. (219 in plugins list). That is the only relevant plugin offered from RDO to my setup. Is there better functionality if they're loose files instead of BSA? 

I've heard Immersive Citizens and FLP can both be buggy. Both have been ok so far. I'm watching though. So far, they've both functioned well. There's one navmesh issue with Open Cities/Immersive Citizens, NPCs open the door and disappear into the guard barracks in Whiterun about 3 feet too early, but that's forgivable for the maybe-once-per-session I might notice it if I happen to be there.

Wow, this looks pretty great. I dunno if I wanna live without my foggy breaths from Wet and Cold... I'm trying to be conscious of scripts, and whittled a few such mods out of my setup because-of. Downloading now. Feeling conflicted.

I'm the only person who doesn't use Crafting Overhaul. I could add it but I think I'm ok without it. 

Less Intrusive and iHud have some redundant features but are not wholly repetitive (LIH author even suggests on his page to download iHud, actually). LIH has great positioning features. iHud allows coupling/decoupling of skyui widgets, as well as more control over individual hud elements.

I'm only using the SkyTEST creatures plugin. Its available as an individual component. It seems to work great. Could this interfere with NPC AI, or were you thinking this was the whole suite of SkyTEST AI?

And, my machine is no milk-drinker. (No, it's a pretty nice rig, but I'm definitely aware of the myriad issues scripts present and am not trying to challenge my computer...)

Holy shit these look awesome. Actually, the wenches, but this Walking Draugr mod too...and JUDGEMENT WENCHES...woof. Have to grab a few of these.

Thanks for response BTW. You're like a one-man army around here, and I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts in responding. 

Hey Lodakai, if/when you return to this thread-

1. Are you pretty familiar with mods for the sexlab framework? Either: Lovers Comfort, Eager NPCs, or Solutions (I don't think Solutions though) plays a little horn-sounding alarm and displays a notification when the PC's relationship status improves with an NPC. Any idea which one? I didn't see a menu option in any of them for it, but I'd like to know the source (and turn it off).

2. Does anything in my setup suggest any reason that when clicking on an NPC with the console open, it only will target the cell itself, and not the actors in it? New one...not sure if it's a hud-tweak-related issue, or maybe to do with Immersive 3rd Person Camera, or if this is a bug because I set something up incorrectly. I don't have any new mods in this regard (hud/camera mods have all been intact in previous setups).

Thanks for any help here too. I wanted to start a new thread for the second question so I could add relevant tags in case someone else encounters a similar issue, but I hate to flood the board.

4 hours ago, gheedorah said:

Hey Lodakai, if/when you return to this thread-

1. Are you pretty familiar with mods for the sexlab framework? Either: Lovers Comfort, Eager NPCs, or Solutions (I don't think Solutions though) plays a little horn-sounding alarm and displays a notification when the PC's relationship status improves with an NPC. Any idea which one? I didn't see a menu option in any of them for it, but I'd like to know the source (and turn it off).

2. Does anything in my setup suggest any reason that when clicking on an NPC with the console open, it only will target the cell itself, and not the actors in it? New one...not sure if it's a hud-tweak-related issue, or maybe to do with Immersive 3rd Person Camera, or if this is a bug because I set something up incorrectly. I don't have any new mods in this regard (hud/camera mods have all been intact in previous setups).

Thanks for any help here too. I wanted to start a new thread for the second question so I could add relevant tags in case someone else encounters a similar issue, but I hate to flood the board.

1) Its Eager NPC.. you need to block relationship increases in the MCM either for individual or for yourself.  In the target npc or player tab.  You can also undo any relationship increase in the target npc tab if you have your crosshair over that npc.  (you can also do it in the recent lovers list).   Sometimes they still fire off when blocking it.. some faulty in the script.  But if you block them.. it's not quite as frequent.  On the advanced tab.. change the relationship increase difficulty to max as well.

2:) it is possible there is something hidden between you and the npc causing you to target that instead of the npc.  Try moving to a clear area and see if you can target an npc.  Other than that, I do not know what else it may be.

Archived