Sleeping Dogs PC exclusive " Welcome to the future sandbox"

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

Hey forum

today i just got back from gaming store and i found

Sleeping dogs 10gb holy cow , this is almost as big as Final fantasy wait no it's Way bigger then Versus.

if just cause 2 got rico rodriguez

the game got wei shen

Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant neon city teaming with life, whose exotic locations and busy streets hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads.

In this open world game, you play the role of Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside out. You’ll have to prove yourself worthy as you fight your way up the organization, taking part in brutal criminal activities without blowing your cover. Torn between your loyalty to the badge and a criminal code of honor, you will risk everything as the lines between truth, loyalty and justice become permanently blurred.

large-4_-640x350.jpg

Key Features:

A mature and gritty undercover cop drama in which you risk blowing your cover at any time.

Explosive action fueled by a seamless mix of deadly martial arts, intense gunfights and brutal takedowns.

Epic high-speed thrills: Burn up the streets or tear up the sea in a vast array of exotic cars, superbikes and speedboats.

Hong Kong is your playground: Enter illegal races, gamble on cock fights, or kick back with some karaoke. There are countless ways to entertain yourself in Hong Kong’s diverse districts.

This game is still undergoing dev for pc , to compress it's file within months i don't know it's big because one reason this game is highly graphic then any sandbox game...

oh wait it has cover system , andddd..... heres the game play

[video=youtube]

People who play just cause 2 and use save file on sleeping dogs

will recieve rico's gear on shen wei and improve his grappling skills

by doing this you also unlocked shen wei's martial art which really lethal on CQC , it has slow motion melee combat kinda like in skyrim

this is a the out most complete game that will shock the world, although there's still lack of feature , game similiar to batman arkham asylum , Grand theft auto IV <-- lol , Red Faction : armageddon, just cause 2 and so on.

if we didnt get to see just3cause , this game would probably be the answer what waiting new feature.

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

With everything going on in my life there's no way I can buy something like this as of now but as soon as I am able to, I *really* want this game it looks really fun.

Guest Lady Luck

With everything going on in my life there's no way I can buy something like this as of now but as soon as I am able to' date=' I *really* want this game it looks really fun.

[/quote']

it does my brother had this on Limited edition lucky bastard luckily hes not greedy so we shared games, im suprised how detailed they draw map of hong kong say like 20 years ago look exact replica of classic era on that country.

lol funniest spoof when you buy clothing the game will give you plastic bag XD

There is tons of activities to do in SD

From typical "Get this auto and bring it to garage " to

-Buying things to your houses cars & clothes,

-Collecting jade statues that allow you later to upgrade special melee attacks, spy cameras, lockboxes around all cites.

-Street races

-Drug Busts

-Cock Fights

-Gambling Den

-Karaoke

-Dating.

And probably few more things that I forgot about :P

Here are few screens

21256503156678153774.jpg

55643930839894172473.jpg

31496331372681763151.jpg

32399563395000145163.jpg

94539629153273279322.jpg

32972762794293329059.jpg

And Karaoke....

So far I mange to beat 3 on 100% :P

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

That's too cute how many little things you can do I really like that. It almost adds a whole new RP dimension to it. Too bad you can only play as a guy for the dating stuff, would be cute. I can't wait to be able to get this!

(Thanks for sharing!!)

There is tons of activities to do in SD

From typical "Get this auto and bring it to garage " to

-Buying things to your houses cars & clothes' date='

-Collecting jade statues that allow you later to upgrade special melee attacks, spy cameras, lockboxes around all cites.

-Street races

-Drug Busts

-Cock Fights

-Gambling Den

-Karaoke

-Dating.

And probably few more things that I forgot about :P

Here are few screens

And Karaoke....

So far I mange to beat 3 on 100% :P

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

So more advanced version of GTA?

Guest Lady Luck

sleeping dogs is superior version of GTA IV , What GTA fanboys didn't know they all went trolling sleeping dogs at the end they all love the game i don't understand where is the flaw on the game, so far im happy to see this Game has decent port on PC.

" This game features MMA Champion preset move , What more gamers can ever want , if that's not enough , let alone the CQC moves they also put Counter based system like Assasin Creed, and easily triggered to have special moves, don't like CQC ... well how about this Need for speed driving controls the cars is driveable even the most speed one doesn't Turn around like just cause 2, and that's my friends is almost perfect sandbox however in the future we might expect glitch and bugs prior on patching"

my final benchmark even tested on core i3 was 30-40 FPS satisfied with the performance so far on 800 x 600 i had to capped down everything removing unnecessary graphic enhancement on this game because u don't need much running sleeping dogs , for those who had frequent crash on nvidia update your driver this game has glitches for nvidia card, i also tested on ati work flawlessly, you can try finding any flaw on this game u just cant find any.

i think it earn our respect as the most awosome game ever made, if not at least the most greatest since super mario.

square enix is brilliant publisher they didn't waste talent they fully supported this game , what activision is so retarded they dropped true crime series and gave it to square enix and now this game earn ratings activision went like " ooops".

What i truly love this game there's no sense running amok like gta because gta side missions are stupid and not really rewarding im sorry im a gta fangirl and i immediately throw gta dvd away you know why its crap every thing is the same crap on the game.

oh yeah i forgot to mentioned sleeping dogs side mission it tied to the main one even when u refused to do it , the side mission will lead you to another clue.

so far i am truly satisfied playing the game its even longer then GTA i think because side mission is tied to the entire game.

i think we all should buy this game :D

I'm not buying this game. Lol atleast I don't have plans to.

I heard in some post where some guy with an AMD processor was having trouble, he described the trouble was the same he faced in Saint's Row 2. He is having stuttering while driving, and I know how that feels like. If the game stutters in my processor that would simply be a waste of $. However I am still trying to confirm whether this is true by trying to find 1 guy with AMD who runs the game smoothly.

So if I end up buying it, I'll post a video and my experience with it.

And thank you for the screenshots you included domgar and HanPL.

Are you both using the Hi-Res DLC pack?

Guest Lady Luck

no i dont use hd pack on SD , because i use LCD screen with HD jacked built in it , so it's kinda not needed on my end with a good graphic card.

I heard in some post where some guy with an AMD processor was having trouble, he described the trouble was the same he faced in Saint's Row 2. He is having stuttering while driving, and I know how that feels like. If the game stutters in my processor that would simply be a waste of $. However I am still trying to confirm whether this is true by trying to find 1 guy with AMD who runs the game smoothly.

my reaction

i do have trouble in saint row 2 because is a shit port from console , if you know ur pc cant handle the game no point playing it other then that its time to upgrade your pc.

Guest Lady Luck

now u see difference between graphics and gameplay , games like sleeping dogs deserve respect even so we all experience bugs and glitches here and there because of its controls and the action so fluent you can basicly pretty much do what GTA cant even when GTA updated to V , they still didn't get that " Sand andreas" feel its so limited comparing to sleeping dogs like i said this game isn't stingy they give everything and anything from patches and dlc, not that i hate gta but sleeping dogs stays true to my gaming needs.

My picked choiced for game similiar to SD

Saints II Row - " thanks to gentleman row mod the game is playable now"

Just cause 2 - " if werent for this game sleeping dogs doesn't exist, its same team that join SD studio"

Saints row III - " near superior then Sleeping dogs , to be honest i loved both games"

GTA SA : "Still superior to any of these game they cant really compete with sand andreas with massive mods that are out already almost 1200 files submitted in 4 years crazy shit."

lets be honest here of all things open world games , how many of us complaining the world is too big and no interesting side missions we can play not that i say sleeping dogs is perfect , u know if you are smart gamer you know whats best to play.

wait for a week or two when sleeping dogs released SDK , i just sent united front comment on Facebook regarding their game if they really care modding community then its awosome if not we had to wait alternative released on the mod sanctuary website.

Guest Lady Luck

lol there's very few lucky users who can enjoy full potiental sleeping dogs on pc it has some odd requirement but still when you finally fixed and make the game up and running its worth the money and time to invest the game really , its not about the hype that makes this game epic its the story it powned hard boil alot.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I just started playing this game (bought it a while ago on a steam sale along with a bunch of the dlc) and DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME.  I am having a fuckton of fun doing the missions and just clowning around.  It sort of reminds me of GTA but with a hong kong flavor.  The fighting is awesome!  I just finished killing a shit load of sholin monks on one mission.  Pretty neat stuff.

Not really necro'ing as I just now got around to playing the darn game.  I bought it during the Christmas steam sales.  More of a necro playing situation.

Yep, I do have the cruiser, however I had more fun with the cop missions where you lean out and fire your gun at the motorcycles and cars chasing you.  I have repeated that mission a bunch of times already.  :blush:

Archived