High heels for skyrim SE that actually works.

15 minutes ago, Tullinjr said:

OK for everyone to know the issues right now between HDT and the CBP is basically this, and it is for MOST people, the HDT stuff right now for SSE is basically more stable if you already know the basic language it was made in (such as Chinese) because if you don't have any other language support it will not work for you. I have tried to use the HDT heels and HDT system they have posted on 9damao and i am not able to load the game or if i do get into game and have a follower or even my char equip a heel it will crash on me. with lazy heels i have no issues what so ever and i don't crash. basically it comes down to this for those who don't know.

1: if you use the 9damao HDT mod you have to use the armor with it as the program/mod to use the HDT heel system in the CK.. if you take an armor that has been converted from oldrim or skyrim LE it will crash your game or not load it at all. as of yet i have only found 1 armor that uses the HDT heels from 9admao site and that is buggy right now as well because the HDT physics doesn't work that well with SSE. so the CBP is way more stable and usable right now then the HDT system currently right now.

2: with the lazy heel it is way more stable then the current HDT system right now and can hold you over for the time being since its easy to remove/uninstall this mod until a stable version such as Ni-override which is being worked or wait till a more stable version of the HDT is released.

Basically the only real option for a stable game is to wait for the Stable versions of the mod you want. It will take time yes and patience for the mods you want but sadly i think most of the armors that use the HDT from oldrim will not be converted over because the conflict of the mod and its code it uses in its system. i think a basically heel system will be more stable and can be fixed with little trouble if it is made without a HDT or CBP aspect to it and can handle the oldrim mods. i think in plain terms the new heels system will have to remove the dependency on the HDT system and go with a basic heel system as a standalone mod. in over all aspect of an objective view i believe trying to convert a whole system over is over reaching a bit and pushing one self to hard. I believe having a separate system for each aspect such as a the heels with a system of its own will be MUCH easier to handle then the entire HDT system trying to get that to work compared to just the Heel system.

I haven't had any problems with both HDT HH and skee64.dll (Ni-override) except Alpha 5.

For HDT HH, you can download English translation file from oldrim version of HDT HH on Nexus.

Also, you will need to modify .esp to add VMAD section to Armor object for boots and spell object that invokes script from hdtHighHeel if it isn't there

For Ni-override, you will need to add HH_OFFSET as described in DarkConsole's post. As soon as skee64.dll is installed correctly, it should work right out of the box

So let's say I have an HDT high heel armour from LE I'd like to use in SE and let's assume I've already converted the .esp and meshes.

Can I make the heels work in SE and if yes, what is concretely the easiest and most stable way to do so?

23 minutes ago, couleuvre said:

So let's say I have an HDT high heel armour from LE I'd like to use in SE and let's assume I've already converted the .esp and meshes.

Can I make the heels work in SE and if yes, what is concretely the easiest and most stable way to do so?

If you converted esp and meshes, then installing HDTSSEHH should do it.

Anyway hdtHighHeel.esm should be required master for HDT high heel armour.

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, LazyHeels does not work. I have used it with several characters now and many different heels from various mod makers including DeserterX and it works initially, but then for no apparent reason, and I'm not sure when it happens, after first reload, switching to a different armor, or what, but thereafter LazyHeels refuses to detect any footwear. Of any kind. Once that happens, no high heels will ever work for that character again. I have reinstalled LazyTools, tried it with and without CBP, changed the load order...no difference. At some point it just stops detecting any footwear and then you're done. On one character it says it can't detect any footwear, but each time I change footwear I sink 6 inches farther into the ground until I eventually disappear. Hilarious, but useless. Do not use LazyHeels.

• 8 months later...

Is there a specific high heels recommended for sse? I tried the one off the chinese site and several others and they all give me messages im using wrong version. I have the x32 groov skelly and using hdt physics extentions and cbpc stuff. that all seems to work fine except for not finding heels support. :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, Syler1389 said:

Is there a specific high heels recommended for sse? I tried the one off the chinese site and several others and they all give me messages im using wrong version. I have the x32 groov skelly and using hdt physics extentions and cbpc stuff. that all seems to work fine except for not finding heels support. :P

You don't need HDT for SSE unless you're trying HDT-SMP, which allows certain compatible skirts, cloaks, and hairs to have physics.  All you need is CBP (CBPC is fine), and any high heels labeled as NiOverride or RaceMenu Heels (RaceMenuHH).  The elevation settings are built into NIO and RaceMenu heel models (NIF files).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This looks like my game ^

Really hoping someone smarter than myself can figure out the whole DLL loading issue with the current stuffs or a dirty fix to get one of the HH mods functional. I think I've exhausted all other options. ?

I'm a big fan of you modders out there doing all the bigbrain work, many thanks and keep it up!

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 6:39 PM, w2bvaultmeat said:

This looks like my game ^

Really hoping someone smarter than myself can figure out the whole DLL loading issue with the current stuffs or a dirty fix to get one of the HH mods functional. I think I've exhausted all other options. ?

I'm a big fan of you modders out there doing all the bigbrain work, many thanks and keep it up!

It might be better at this point to just switch over to RaceMenu High Heels. They most certainly fit the bill of High Heels for Special Edition that actually work.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18045

• 6 months later...

Hi.

I faced a similar issue with a Gladiator Heels mod (very high heel, with platforms, in leather, black, glass and another variety, with crafting), for oldrim. TLDR: maybe you have to manually fix it.

Make a copy of the folder in mods

- Pass the folder through CAO (Cathedral Assets Optimizer), then open CK for SE, save and close.

Heels appear, all ok in the game.

To make it work with the scale, in xEdit you need to add as master:

- hdtHighHeel.esm

- heels Sounds.esm - only if you want the sounds. 

The for the sounds you simply in each piece of armor (in xEdit) change the type of footfall sound (there is one named something like 'angelfootsteps'. That's the one you want).

For the height effect, you need to add the permanent enchantment effect not to the armor piece itself, but to the other one, as enchantment. An easy way for me was to open this mod, and another working one in zEdit.

Using zedit, Copy the 'hdtHighHeel' enchantment record from the working ESP/ESL, to the faulty one. The effect has the base value set. In my case the effect instead of the base 8.00 used, had to be set at around 10.5 (the shoes look like they have platforms).

When the record is copied, you can edit everything in SSEEdit (didn't find how to copy the ench. record... that'd avoid me to change between the helper apps).

Hope this helps.