Just cause 2

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

JustCause-2-Banner.jpg

Welcome to panau " a real life close to panau was a manukan island in Malaysia " hint " a south east of sabah " located on borneo channel

if we say this was based on papua new guinea it doesn't made any sense because the tropical are heavily made

when i saw this game holy cow it's awesome sad thing is i never played it , i left the game for years and im late to review this when it came out , but then after years waiting patiently to see polished game they already have modding community

here's the link

JustCause 2 Mod page

why should we support just cause 2

not only the story is great but idk bout the ending yet , don't spoil it when you reply this thread please , i love the concept so far for just cause 2 why this game havent have any sequels yet? probably they have lack of funding to improve the new engine we all waiting for , this game has long hours to play it can go from 5-10 hours depending how you play it.

just-cause-2-20090401035041424_640w.jpg

oh man don't get me started talking about frame rate it's flawless that's right ,this game is so smooth it drive you mad, im not over hyping the game is just how i see the game were showed on demo three years ago i am anxious to see maxed out setting on this game.

if you plan to get this game get it both pc/console the mods are compatible with pc and console why cant many company be like this game it's best of both worls...

although im worried about the ending might not be so great on this one but who knows i will just have to see it with my own eyes

let me know what your opinion on just cause 2

Just Cause 2 is just pretty much mindless and pointless fun. The missions are.....eh. But the ability to blow pretty much everything to hell is oh so epic. I am not sure how many hours I have played this game but it just doesn't get old for me. Just when I start to get bored of it, BOOM...what...wait...I can blow that up????.....and just like that I am hooked for several more hours.

Just talking about this makes me want to go play it again. :)

First I never liked the game (maybe because I had a 9400GT).

Then during my exams last year when I had a 5670 I just played the heck out of it. It looked awesome!

Now when I tried to run it with SLI, I got weird results last time.

Since such an old game made a post here, I'm willing to talk about a few old good ones as well ;)

Guest Lady Luck

speaking of just cause 2 its first time i see square enix built games like this

Actually i was right panau is based of sabah , boy i really wanna go there now , thankfully i learned the native language of their culture

" if any retard says its singapore nothing like this came close to that shit country, i been on singapore so far not in malaysia yet wanting to go there in sometime"

what i believe panau is based of bahasa melayu which known in malaysia

i think devs at avalanche go to that country and it's first time ever been made on a foreign country they did as

When that tan girl says " selamat jalan"

i went like hey is that a word translated " farewell spook"

majority of panau island what i know from their accent is non muslim country so it's a christian territory based and their politics so i guess it's mixture of something on new zealand, malaysia and has that desert type of feel idk its mash up country..

this game is epic win man

How did I miss this thread for 2 days? OMG, I was just playing this yesterday and then dreamed about it and am excited to play more today!

I've been playing it off and on since its release. The crazy thing is that I've never played it as it was "meant" to be played, tho I'm not sure the devs actually meant for the linear story to be its highlight anyway. Once the game turns you loose in the open sandbox world, I stop playing the story and just do other things. So it would be like playing Skyrim for years without ever doing a quest or following the main story. That's me with Just Cause 2!

Thanks so much for the mod link! I had no idea and am now just stunned with so much to try out. I'll need to walk away and come back after some breathing exercises.

Have you been to the dark and scary lost island that's nearly off the map and forces any plane (if you're flying one to get there) to crash? Have you flown to the mile high club that is literally a blimp with a club floating around the main island?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get one of those racing cars off of that little race track island. Any suggestions without using a mod or cheat?

Oh, yeah, and you're right. JC2 runs as smooth as butter while being a beautiful game. Compared to vanilla Skyrim, JC2 looks amazing. Well polished, too, with nothing buggy or broken or standing out (like the awful shadows in Skyrim).

Also, I highly recommend using a controller, like a 360 controller, for playing on PC. It has native support and works great for when you're using any vehicles or your parachute.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get one of those racing cars off of that little race track island. Any suggestions without using a mod or cheat?

Grapple-attach it to a transport helicopter and airlift it out!

Although it might be too heavy for the grapple line to lift; I did it but I was using a dozen or more mods at the time, one of which made the grapple cable unbreakable...

Funny, when I re-installed it yesterday to give it another try, it just happened to be the day my system was going to tell me to clean my fans and heat sinks. Yesterday was hot outside. JC2 kept giving me a system wide failure causing a shutdown or reboot or just a blank screen with the sound looping. I thought it was JC2, but then tried Skyrim with even worse results, crashing on the menu screen. Sweating, I realized maybe it was a heat problem, duh. A quick blow job throughout the inside of my case fixed everything perfectly. I don't think I'd actually pulled my graphics card out and clean it once since I'd installed it. Ooops.

Guest Lady Luck

How did I miss this thread for 2 days? OMG' date=' I was just playing this yesterday and then dreamed about it and am excited to play more today!

I've been playing it off and on since its release. The crazy thing is that I've never played it as it was "meant" to be played, tho I'm not sure the devs actually meant for the linear story to be its highlight anyway. Once the game turns you loose in the open sandbox world, I stop playing the story and just do other things. So it would be like playing Skyrim for years without ever doing a quest or following the main story. That's me with Just Cause 2!

Thanks so much for the mod link! I had no idea and am now just stunned with so much to try out. I'll need to walk away and come back after some breathing exercises.

Have you been to the dark and scary lost island that's nearly off the map and forces any plane (if you're flying one to get there) to crash? Have you flown to the mile high club that is literally a blimp with a club floating around the main island?

Oh, yeah, and you're right. JC2 runs as smooth as butter while being a beautiful game. Compared to vanilla Skyrim, JC2 looks amazing. Well polished, too, with nothing buggy or broken or standing out (like the awful shadows in Skyrim).

Also, I highly recommend using a controller, like a 360 controller, for playing on PC. It has native support and works great for when you're using any vehicles or your parachute.

[/quote']

skyrim cough .. they cant even emulate snow and desert that well , and you know when todd says this

Todd howard

" the mountains isn't a backdrop or background you can actually climb on it"

me

" what the fuck is this bullshit bad collision cant even climb , todd you talk too much"

JC2 first impression climbing gila pangkat mountain

" holy shit did i just climb the highest mountain on panau" XD

Here's what i like about just cause 2

- the mods they arent bitchy and easy to patch

-Atmosphere " Better then crysis yeah i'm sorry to say sure say what you will, did you see how water look like in crytek engine crap!"

- Desert, Water and Snow " you get wet swimming on it, climbing snowy mountains get you poured by snow , desert a dust storm will affect your clothing "

- Realistic day and night time cycle

Result : Epic Win!"

What i don't like about just cause 2

- vehicle it's too draft, i cant even turn propley

- airplanes 20% is drivable big planes idk no where place to land i usually just do kamikaze style " still cool even when you cant use airplane that much"

- Physics on this game just unreal , you turn right too sensitive and can lead unwanted result

- NPCS are annoying , well it's a gta habbit when you wanna rush to a military base zone expect traffic jam yeah one of those time

The rest it's almost perfect sandbox these are the only shit that avalanche need to fix other then that it's epic win game

i don't care about the voice act too bad i enjoy my time on panau

I just started playing it again after being away from it for a while. I swear this is the only game that I can consistently get a laugh out of. Some of the things you can do are just hilarious / awesome and it's so fun trying to top whatever hilarious stunts you manage to pull off.

Try downloading a stronger grapple mod, then grapple two passenger jets together = instant hilarity. Or Grapple your car to a jet and get in it = flying car.

SO many things, grapple people to your car and drag them around. grapple people to air cans and shoot them. Drive car at ridiculously high speed until massive crashes ensue. It just never gets old.

The race cars go no faster then the Mancini Cavallo 115.8 mph or the Civadier 999 114.5 mph. Both can be found in Panau City' date=' the 999 mainly in the Parks District.

You'll learn the colors to go with and stay away from by way of handling. Some hug the road while others are all over the place. There great fun but don't expect them to last long without a mod to make them invincible, one imparticular not only makes them invincible but also a thousand times faster (you can literally climb mountains and sail across the water) 0 to 1000 in a couple of seconds :) The drawback is if you do sail across water the moment you hit land again your still traveling at the same speed you left land at LOL.

[/quote']

Yeah, okay, those are probably too fast to be driving around with traffic.

Different handling by color??? I haven't noticed this with other vehicles. Have I not been paying close enough attention?

skyrim cough .. they cant even emulate snow and desert that well ' date=' and you know when todd says this

Todd howard

me

" what the fuck is this bullshit bad collision cant even climb , todd you talk too much"

[/quote']

Also, it's not always true with Skyrim that you can go anywhere. You can't. The borders are just stupid invisible walls. At least with JC2, there are no borders, are there? I mean, there's just the open ocean around the islands that just go on and on. I've tried flying to space also but the higher you go the less lift you get as if the atmosphere really is thinning until my jet starts to stall.

Was just thinking, the outdoor map is much larger in JC2, but that's not including all of the indoor and dungeon maps in Skyrim. Plus, Skyrim still feels just as big because you can never use fast vehicles.

-Atmosphere " Better then crysis yeah i'm sorry to say sure say what you will' date=' did you see how water look like in crytek engine crap!"

- Desert, Water and Snow " you get wet swimming on it, climbing snowy mountains get you poured by snow , desert a dust storm will affect your clothing "

- airplanes 20% is drivable big planes idk no where place to land i usually just do kamikaze style " still cool even when you cant use airplane that much"

- Physics on this game just unreal , you turn right too sensitive and can lead unwanted result

- NPCS are annoying , well it's a gta habbit when you wanna rush to a military base zone expect traffic jam yeah one of those time

The rest it's almost perfect sandbox these are the only shit that avalanche need to fix other then that it's epic win game

[/quote']

And don't forget ambient occlusion included in a game that runs smoothly! Now, that's a feat.

About the physics and vehicles, are you using keyboard and mouse or a controller? I'm using a controller and like the way everything handles. I like the way some bikes and four wheelers are great for off road or making harder turns while a fast motorcycle is only good for going fast on the freeway, for example. The cars also all have their correct quirks, to me. Some are good for donuts in flower fields while others are just made for cruising. So it forces you to choose the right vehicles for the right locations. Same with the jets, helicopters, and boats. Jets are my favorite and I love how even the different fighter jets handle differently from one another. I'm all about using fast jets and seeing how low I can fly without crashing. Landing isn't really all that hard after you practice with throttle down and keeping your nose up to where you're almost stalling but not quite, tho stalling is fun too, especially if you just try to fly straight up with your afterburners on, let it stall, throttle down, and just glide into a quiet dive, regaining control. And I really can't imagine how you fly a helicopter without a controller. With a controller, a military helicopter makes me more dangerous than anything, but that's probably because the enemy never sends a jet after me, only more helicopters which makes my mouth water.

Guest Lady Luck

The race cars go no faster then the Mancini Cavallo 115.8 mph or the Civadier 999 114.5 mph. Both can be found in Panau City' date=' the 999 mainly in the Parks District.

You'll learn the colors to go with and stay away from by way of handling. Some hug the road while others are all over the place. There great fun but don't expect them to last long without a mod to make them invincible, one imparticular not only makes them invincible but also a thousand times faster (you can literally climb mountains and sail across the water) 0 to 1000 in a couple of seconds :) The drawback is if you do sail across water the moment you hit land again your still traveling at the same speed you left land at LOL.

[/quote']

Yeah, okay, those are probably too fast to be driving around with traffic.

Different handling by color??? I haven't noticed this with other vehicles. Have I not been paying close enough attention?

skyrim cough .. they cant even emulate snow and desert that well ' date=' and you know when todd says this

Todd howard

me

[/quote']

Also, it's not always true with Skyrim that you can go anywhere. You can't. The borders are just stupid invisible walls. At least with JC2, there are no borders, are there? I mean, there's just the open ocean around the islands that just go on and on. I've tried flying to space also but the higher you go the less lift you get as if the atmosphere really is thinning until my jet starts to stall.

Was just thinking, the outdoor map is much larger in JC2, but that's not including all of the indoor and dungeon maps in Skyrim. Plus, Skyrim still feels just as big because you can never use fast vehicles.

-Atmosphere " Better then crysis yeah i'm sorry to say sure say what you will' date=' did you see how water look like in crytek engine crap!"

[/quote']

And don't forget ambient occlusion included in a game that runs smoothly! Now, that's a feat.

About the physics and vehicles, are you using keyboard and mouse or a controller? I'm using a controller and like the way everything handles. I like the way some bikes and four wheelers are great for off road or making harder turns while a fast motorcycle is only good for going fast on the freeway, for example. The cars also all have their correct quirks, to me. Some are good for donuts in flower fields while others are just made for cruising. So it forces you to choose the right vehicles for the right locations. Same with the jets, helicopters, and boats. Jets are my favorite and I love how even the different fighter jets handle differently from one another. I'm all about using fast jets and seeing how low I can fly without crashing. Landing isn't really all that hard after you practice with throttle down and keeping your nose up to where you're almost stalling but not quite, tho stalling is fun too, especially if you just try to fly straight up with your afterburners on, let it stall, throttle down, and just glide into a quiet dive, regaining control. And I really can't imagine how you fly a helicopter without a controller. With a controller, a military helicopter makes me more dangerous than anything, but that's probably because the enemy never sends a jet after me, only more helicopters which makes my mouth water.

Yes ambient light i forgot about that it's amazing too

Archived