Periods, Am I Right, Ladies?

Yeah, I am changing from one Uncomfortable moodlet to five moodlets with Sad, Tense, Dazed, Angry and Uncomfortable types.

I tried to add an animation, but I would have to have one made. The hunger one doesn't make sense because the Sim is pointing at its mouth.

Please oh please make it an even six and add a flirty(horny) mood-let (perhaps also some kind of broadcaster to attract vampires). A rarer occurrence than the other mood-let kinds to be sure but, would fit rather nicely with the actuality of periods as well as the silly quasi supernatural universe of the sims.

As for an animation, the male alien pregnancy one minus the glow may work, as well as the labor one, or even the beginning vampire conversion symptoms animations may work to simulate cramps. Get to Work has very good headache animation for migraine and there is a starry eyes dizzy animation as well for dizzy/dazed spells.

I don't know about that flirty one, I would have to consult that.

And none of these animations are helpful for cramps. If it has an effect, I can't do anything, an animation you see in the game is generally a complex script that actually has like +5 animations and sometimes I can't locate them all. The labor animation would be great if not for the incorrect positioning of hands as if the Sim was in labor.

I still need descriptions.

Description of? Sorry but I need a bit of clarification.

[sad]: Oh no, where is that bucket of ice cream when you need it? (Sim Name) is feeling unreasonably blue.

[Tense]: These pent up hormones need an outlet before they boil over!

[Dazed]: -

[Angry]: Logic? Reason? What are those? Anyone within (Sim Name)'s vicinity better watch out because rage is flowing in her veins!

[Uncomfortable]: (Sim Name) is not feeling a 100% this roller coaster of emotion is taking its tole on her.

Could there be a distinction between periods and the first period? Could the female teen ask parents for advice, for example asking mother or father and depending on the parenting skill it could go good or bad haha. Asking for um help with pads/tampons? I'd find that cute. <3

It seems a lot of people are interesting with this period things.

This site have a good explanation of what women behaviour during menstrual cycle:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/how-your-menstrual-cycle-affects-your-behavior.aspx

I guess it can be separated and translated to TS4 like this:

Follicular period: happy +1, inspired +1 or energized +1 (randomly during the period)

Ovulation period: flirty +1 or happy +1

Ovulatory period: flirty +5 (lol)

Luteal period: tense +1 or uncomfortable +1 (randomly)

There won't be any positive moodlets, this isn't designed to boost Sims. It's not 1:1 exactly either, it has to be tweaked to make sense in the game and not be too annoying.
Makes sense!

I wonder if tampon will be featured too?

Menses is the feature KW lack off. This will be fun anyway! :)

[sad]: Oh no, where is that bucket of ice cream when you need it? (Sim Name) is feeling unreasonably blue.

[Tense]: These pent up hormones need an outlet before they boil over!

[Angry]: Logic? Reason? What are those? Anyone within (Sim Name)'s vicinity better watch out because rage is flowing in her veins!

[Uncomfortable]: (Sim Name) is not feeling a 100% this roller coaster of emotion is taking its tole on her.

Could there be a distinction between periods and the first period? Could the female teen ask parents for advice, for example asking mother or father and depending on the parenting skill it could go good or bad haha. Asking for um help with pads/tampons? I'd find that cute. <3

OMG! I think this is so perfect! The language is like wrote by maxis.

@turbodriver, use this!

@P0cketz, I wonder if you are a simguru who sneak in here? I have a very strong sense that simgurus joined here and somehow quite active too!

[sad]: Oh no, where is that bucket of ice cream when you need it? (Sim Name) is feeling unreasonably blue.

[Angry]: Logic? Reason? What are those? Anyone within (Sim Name)'s vicinity better watch out because rage is flowing in her veins!

[Uncomfortable]: (Sim Name) is not feeling a 100% this roller coaster of emotion is taking its tole on her.

Thanks! One thing that seems to happen is that people write descriptions that refer to others, but moodlets always refer the Sim that has it or detail the moodlet.

That's a level of detail that is not worth adding for now, but anything can be done later, once there is time to develop these further. I need to get a solid base first.

This site have a good explanation of what women behaviour during menstrual cycle:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/how-your-menstrual-cycle-affects-your-behavior.aspx

Follicular period: happy +1, inspired +1 or energized +1 (randomly during the period)

There won't be any positive moodlets, this isn't designed to boost Sims. It's not 1:1 exactly either, it has to be tweaked to make sense in the game and not be too annoying.
Makes sense!

I don't know how KW system works, but I am considering pads/tampons to be a thing. Maybe not in the initial implementation because I would need to get assets ready for it.

Thanks! One thing that seems to happen is that people write descriptions that refer to others, but moodlets always refer the Sim that has it or detail the moodlet.

That's a level of detail that is not worth adding for now, but anything can be done later, once there is time to develop these further. I need to get a solid base first.

Makes sense!

I don't know how KW system works, but I am considering pads/tampons to be a thing. Maybe not in the initial implementation because I would need to get assets ready for it.

Say the word Turbo and if you need models I will give those items a shot ;)

@turbodriver

You never play TS3 KinkyWorld? :)

I haven't play it for more than a year I guess. I wonder that is the progress in patreon now... Lol

I have played it, but I don't know how pregnancy works there. Could someone actually explain it for me? I'm curious.

Wait... I feel out of the loop. Are periods coming to Wicked Whims? Where's my 'The Office meme' when I need it? No! No! NOOOOO, dear God no. Please no.

What's so bad about that?

Say the word Turbo and if you need models I will give those items a shot ;)

It's fine, thanks, I have a person to do this already. :D

@turbodriver

I haven't play it for more than a year I guess. I wonder that is the progress in patreon now... Lol

I have played it, but I don't know how pregnancy works there. Could someone actually explain it for me? I'm curious.

I barely remember it.

But from what I can remember, the period only 3 phrases.

Follicular, ovulating, and ovulatory. No luteal or menstruation phrase.

Pregnancy can only be happened during ovulatory phrase and women tend to be horny. There's condom featured too.

Dog even can smell ovulated woman (woman in heat), snifting woman vagina and strong desire to mate with her.

@turbodriver

I barely remember it.

But from what I can remember, the period only 3 phrases.

Follicular, ovulating, and ovulatory. No luteal or menstruation phrase.

Pregnancy can only be happened during ovulatory phrase and women tend to be horny. There's condom featured too.

Dog even can smell ovulated woman (woman in heat), snifting woman vagina and strong desire to mate with her.

I see. My approach is much more streamlined so that everybody understands it. I haven't done any visual difference between phases, but they exist in the background.

In any case, whatever I do is just the start and can be expanded with suggestions from others.

• 1 month later...

Not descriptions but still relevant: I've done multiple searches in the past (and I have the experience myself) that a lot of women do get incredibly horny while on their periods, even more so than during the ovulation. The flirty moodlet during the period would be very welcomed IMO. Are you dividing between a PMS phase and a menstruating one? As the name suggests, PMS happens on the week before the period and it's the phase that usually causes the worst hormone-related symptoms like moodiness, headaches and even random diseases like a sudden cold, and most moodlets described would best fit there, not in the period phase. For periods the worse we get is cramps during the first day (not everyone though) and the annoyingness of having to deal with blood everywhere, but everything is mostly alright emotionally-wise.

• 4 weeks later...

Not all phases of a period are uncomfortable, actually.  Not trolling you or anything, Turbo, but being stuck with the mindset that periods are completely uncomfortable is I don't know, not really counterintuitive but unrealistic.  I am in early menopause myself and I still spot about every other month.  I always know it's about that time because I get super aroused and very horny about the first 2 days before it begins and the horniness stays almost the entire time.

I know this is all TMI, but having bled since I was 11 years old, I do kind of know a thing or two about periods.  Mine were never "normal" and my body just bled whenever the hell it wanted to and I'm not kidding when I say I bled for months at a time literally.  Longest one lasted four months and I had to be hospitalized and tested for endometriosis.

So, the positive moodlets may not fit in with what you want to do and that's completely cool.  It's your project and you do what you want to with it.  I think it's a great idea and I love wickedwhims completely.  Huge fan!  Just throwing this out there as something to think on, really.  Not every woman experiences a period the same way but some common denominators are the whole arousal thing, cramps obviously, bloating and water retention, varying degrees of headache, mood swings (small variances to huge 0-bitch in 60 seconds kinda thing), backaches (again, small annoyance to crippling pain), oh yeah and the whole leaking bodily fluids from your crotch thing.  That last bit, guys if you want to play a fun game, put a small container of warm water in your undies and put tiny pin size holes in it so it intermittently and randomly leaks, particularly when you move or are active.  Be sure to wear a thick cotton pad in there too and let the wondrously awesome happy happy fun times begin!  Yay!  Bet you all cannot wait to try it.

All kidding aside, thanks to Turbo and all the other creators who make my sims deliciously fun to play.  Ugh I typed too much and I feel a hot flash coming on.  Time to waddle off for a nap.  Toodles!

On 12/28/2017 at 12:01 AM, mistressmink said:

Not all phases of a period are uncomfortable, actually.  Not trolling you or anything, Turbo, but being stuck with the mindset that periods are completely uncomfortable is I don't know, not really counterintuitive but unrealistic.  I am in early menopause myself and I still spot about every other month.  I always know it's about that time because I get super aroused and very horny about the first 2 days before it begins and the horniness stays almost the entire time.

I know this is all TMI, but having bled since I was 11 years old, I do kind of know a thing or two about periods.  Mine were never "normal" and my body just bled whenever the hell it wanted to and I'm not kidding when I say I bled for months at a time literally.  Longest one lasted four months and I had to be hospitalized and tested for endometriosis.

So, the positive moodlets may not fit in with what you want to do and that's completely cool.  It's your project and you do what you want to with it.  I think it's a great idea and I love wickedwhims completely.  Huge fan!  Just throwing this out there as something to think on, really.  Not every woman experiences a period the same way but some common denominators are the whole arousal thing, cramps obviously, bloating and water retention, varying degrees of headache, mood swings (small variances to huge 0-bitch in 60 seconds kinda thing), backaches (again, small annoyance to crippling pain), oh yeah and the whole leaking bodily fluids from your crotch thing.  That last bit, guys if you want to play a fun game, put a small container of warm water in your undies and put tiny pin size holes in it so it intermittently and randomly leaks, particularly when you move or are active.  Be sure to wear a thick cotton pad in there too and let the wondrously awesome happy happy fun times begin!  Yay!  Bet you all cannot wait to try it.

All kidding aside, thanks to Turbo and all the other creators who make my sims deliciously fun to play.  Ugh I typed too much and I feel a hot flash coming on.  Time to waddle off for a nap.  Toodles!

I'm not stuck with the mindset that periods are completely uncomfortable. This is a design choice to fit into the game time system. My decision was that there is no space to boost the Sim periodically but instead introduce an annoyance that you have to deal with on regular basis. Not even for as long as a "realistic" period would be. Wouldn't you say that it's more common to expect annoyance than expect to be horny from periods? Not on a personal level, but in general.

I'm in love with this idea! I've been away for some time, but I've been able to return recently. Thank you so much for adding this turbo!

Could I suggest adding: hot tea, hot baths, ginger ale for natural remedies for cramps? (I can't speak for every woman, but they almost always do the trick for me). When I saw the "cramps" moodlet, it was my first instinct for my sim to drink some hot tea and a hot bath lol. Maybe even a "Midol" like medication as well.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:02 AM, simuser4 said:

oh can't wait :smiley:

Tampon is sexy!

As well as tampon for excessive vagina discharge.

Dirty panty after get arousal and clean panty too, like those in kw.

I hope turbodriver makes it simple, as I dislike the micromanagement. 

20 hours ago, GECK.O said:

Tampon is sexy!

As well as tampon for excessive vagina discharge.

Dirty panty after get arousal and clean panty too, like those in kw.

I hope turbodriver makes it simple, as I dislike the micromanagement. 

There is nothing sexy about Tampons at all. They are painfully uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2017 at 10:15 AM, ebonyx said:

Uncomfortable (general)- cramps, mood swings, food cravings, and headaches -- poor Firstname Lastname is on her period!

Sad - Sim Firstname Lastname doesn't know why but anything and everything is making her want to cry! Ah, hormones...

Energized - Sim Firstname Lastname is one busy bee! Today the hormones are all in sync and she wants to get everything done: workouts, homework, cooking, cleaning, you name it she's got it!

Uncomfortable (sleepy) - Ugh, sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and feeling absolutely drained from her period. Why get out of bed when the pillows feel sooooo nice?

Uncomfortable (hungry) - Sim Firstname Lastname could literally eat everything in the fridge right now, her period makes her STARVING. Grilled cheese? Yes!! Pizza? Absolutely! Pancakes, chips, cake, cupcakes, cookies -- bring them on. NOW!!

Angry - It doesn't take much to tick Sim Firstname Lastname off right now. Don't mess with her! The Red Devil inside will come after you!

Dazed - Sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and her mind's in a total fog. She can't concentrate on anything, and is getting so dist- hey look, a squirrel!

Tense - Everything stresses Sim Firstname Lastname out while she's on her period, the slightest little incident can put her on edge! What she needs right now is a good bubble bath, chocolates, and some me-time.

I think these are pretty good! I think it's pretty important to keep the gender neutral, especially since Sims can now be trans.

On 1/5/2018 at 2:06 PM, Ruehz said:

There is nothing sexy about Tampons at all. They are painfully uncomfortable.

i think that is very individual. Nearly all my friends say they do not feel a tampon at all when it's inserted (probably why it's a pretty common for women to *forget* to remove their final tampon - and women who use tampons are sorta warned to be careful of doing that since it's no good to keep one in for ages - if they were "painfully uncomfortable" it would sure be impossible to forget one was there. heh). But, sure, you will still feel cramps and things from your menstrual cycle *if* you are a woman who personally gets lots of cramps during her cycle (i don't - 95% of my cycles are cramp-free - i feel bad for girls who aren't so lucky tho). Anyway, a tampon itself shouldn't be *painfully* uncomfortable. If it is you should try a different brand or a thinner tampon. Afterall they are thinner than a man's penis and certainly thinner than a baby's head. ALTHO of course that last one is obviously *painful* :tongue:

Tho i agree that there is nothing sexy i can think of about tampons. Buuut, of course people can have fetishes for anything. Some of us will think "There is nothing sexy about feet" and to someone else it's a big turn on.

~~

Towards the main topic. i am hoping there will be a toggle to turn off menstrual cycle tracking and the debuffs that come along with it in Wicked Whims. But having it still possible for sims to get pregnant. Turbodriver's comments/responses here seem to suggest periods are going to be made 100% negative/bad experience for female sims, and only a hassle (a constant struggle with the debuffs). That sounds awful and not fun at all. i would hate to have to give up on using Wicked Whims if "menstrual cycle" wasn't an optional toggle.

My periods are NOT a 100% negative experience. There are times (as other women, and men here have noted in this topic) that i feel a deliciously wonderful arousal during my period and orgasms feel extra amazing. That is even with me NOT having a bloody-fetish. i tend to be squeamish about having sex with someone during my period (i personally think it's yucky - but again to each their own!), but i will privately masturbate sometimes during them because sometimes the horny feeling is *that* strong that it surpasses my "grossed out" feeling of the blood... and i swear i feel like orgasms then are extra strong then.

Further, as someone mentioned, sometimes you can feel absolutely *fantastic* during a period. The first day of my period is a "light" day and i tend to feel GREAT. This is because for about 2 days *before* bleeding starts i feel absolutely miserable. In fact, 2 days before my period i tend to feel moodier and more grouchy than on ANY of the *bleeding* days. So typically when the first day of bleeding happens i'm like "YAY!!! Phew! All those grouchy emotions are flooding away, i feel so relieved!" ...

And of course once my period is over i am also happy since i know it won't be for another month-ish before i have to deal with pads and tampons and squicky (to me) blood again.

BUT! Anyways, sorry my post is so long (and i know i'm kinda late to respond). But i'm hoping, maybe - just maybe - at the end of a period a female sim gets a "positive buff". i dunno. Something. i guess it is a bit disappointing to me that it will be 100% a negative time for female sims (which again, for me, doesn't super-sound fun).

i think early on in the thread ebonyx totally nailed how the buffs/debuffs should be. Short of mentioning a possible "horny" buff.

~~

Lastly i love Wicked Whims and hope my post isn't taken as some big criticism. i am not meaning it to be that way. i think this mod is great and i really appreciate all the work Turbodriver and all the animators put into things to make this mod come alive! And i also appreciate Turbodriver starting this thread to even ask about menstrual stuff.

4 hours ago, alloyd93 said:

I think these are pretty good! I think it's pretty important to keep the gender neutral, especially since Sims can now be trans.

True. Altho a transwoman wouldn't/couldn't have a menstrual cycle in the real world (altho of course in a fantasy world like the sims anything can go!). A transman could still have a menstrual cycle, i'm no expert on that. i did date a transman before tho, and he said after being on testosterone for so long he didn't get a period anymore (he'd been on T approx 2 years before we dated). Testosterone will slow down and even totally stop you from menstruating. You wouldn't be having a cycle every month if you're on FTM levels of hormone therapy T, i mean.

Tho, of course, not everyone trans takes hormones. So those transmen who do not take hormones would still continue to have their monthly bleeds.

But i don't think it hurts anyone to be more language-inclusive either, so the possibility of gender neutral wording shouldn't be overlooked <3