Dark Souls bad news to PC Gamers, Sleeping Dogs good news

In fact the didn't want to make port. But orders came from up above (Namco ) who told them that they don't care if they have experience or not, just do the PC port becasue Namco won't pay for experienced crew to port the game properly.

I was actually looking forward to this. I've never played Dark Souls or Demon's Souls for that matter, but they always looked very interesting to me. Looking at screen shots and threads on /v/ only furthered my curiosity. I mean, not very many games feature semi realistic Maximilian armor which is just baller as fuck and looks awesome. The general art direction also caught my attention as well, it looks good.

It's a shame about the bad port though. Hopefully they're working on a fix for the keyboard and mouse, as that's the major selling point for me besides being interesting as fuck. Hopefully it handles like Vindictus/Rune once they fix it.

I was actually looking forward to this. I've never played Dark Souls or Demon's Souls for that matter' date=' but they always looked very interesting to me. Looking at screen shots and threads on /v/ only furthered my curiosity. I mean, not very many games feature semi realistic Maximilian armor which is just baller as fuck and looks awesome. The general art direction also caught my attention as well, it looks good.

It's a shame about the bad port though. Hopefully they're working on a fix for the keyboard and mouse, as that's the major selling point for me besides being interesting as fuck. Hopefully it handles like Vindictus/Rune once they fix it.

[/quote']

Well, I would not hold your breath for a fix.....:s

I am using the mouse\keyboard for the "most" part. The Menu system is utter crap being over on the far side of the keyboard (the end key????? seriously????) so I just have my gamepad sitting right next to my keyboard and I use it to do the inventory and some dialogue. I use the mouse and keyboard for movement and attacking. Since I am "old school" and it is much more comfortable\familiar for me than that blasted gamepad. I seriously will never play anything but a racing game with a gamepad (which is why my PS3 is just a racing sim....)

And FPS (which this game is not...unless you are using a ranged weapon) with a gamepad.....what a joke. Even a bad keyboard\mouse system will kick a gamepad's ass every single time.

EDIT: The Dragon Is DEAD!!!!!

That bastard killed me 20 times but on the 21st I found a way to arrow his ass enough, to lower his health down, to where I could move in with the sword and finish him off. I never could get the tail with the arrows, so I went in with the sword and hacked off his tail. The sword and his soul are MINE!!!

I went on in and activated the bonfire and quit as my fingers were cramped up from all the action. I seriously hope Bosses don't get too much harder or I may be playing this damn game for the next year to finish it!!!!

Guest Lady Luck

I was actually looking forward to this. I've never played Dark Souls or Demon's Souls for that matter' date=' but they always looked very interesting to me. Looking at screen shots and threads on /v/ only furthered my curiosity. I mean, not very many games feature semi realistic Maximilian armor which is just baller as fuck and looks awesome. The general art direction also caught my attention as well, it looks good.

[/quote']

Well, I would not hold your breath for a fix.....:s

I am using the mouse\keyboard for the "most" part. The Menu system is utter crap being over on the far side of the keyboard (the end key????? seriously????) so I just have my gamepad sitting right next to my keyboard and I use it to do the inventory and some dialogue. I use the mouse and keyboard for movement and attacking. Since I am "old school" and it is much more comfortable\familiar for me than that blasted gamepad. I seriously will never play anything but a racing game with a gamepad (which is why my PS3 is just a racing sim....)

And FPS (which this game is not...unless you are using a ranged weapon) with a gamepad.....what a joke. Even a bad keyboard\mouse system will kick a gamepad's ass every single time.

EDIT: The Dragon Is DEAD!!!!!

That bastard killed me 20 times but on the 21st I found a way to arrow his ass enough, to lower his health down, to where I could move in with the sword and finish him off. I never could get the tail with the arrows, so I went in with the sword and hacked off his tail. The sword and his soul are MINE!!!

I went on in and activated the bonfire and quit as my fingers were cramped up from all the action. I seriously hope Bosses don't get too much harder or I may be playing this damn game for the next year to finish it!!!!

Lol greg did it hurt your balls when you fight that dragon XD LMAOoo , it felt good doesnt it when you beat that dragon lol me i took 40 times to beat that bastard.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I managed to progress further today as I had a vacation day still left. I am now getting my ass handed to me by that damn stone thing just outside of where the blacksmith has his shop. He has that damn trident and keeps spearing me with the damn thing and damn it does a F'ton of damnage.

On a brighter note I managed about 10 player versus player kills. After I finished playing for the night I had a message from the last person I had managed to kill. The little bitch was whining that I must have been cheating because I managed to kill him. I messaged him back that if he couldn't handled getting killed, perhaps he should keep his F'ing ass out of other peoples games.

I borrowed Dark Souls from a friend today and played a little. I won't say I hate the game but I'll just say one thing.

Hell yeah the game is hard as hell. If in any game at all if I were to fight a boss at 15fps I could never win even if MY life was on the line.

Now back to playing sleeping dogs :D

I borrowed Dark Souls from a friend today and played a little. I won't say I hate the game but I'll just say one thing.

Hell yeah the game is hard as hell. If in any game at all if I were to fight a boss at 15fps I could never win even if MY life was on the line.

15fps? :huh:

It is 30fps which is perfectly playable. The FPS doesn't have jack crap to do with how hard this freaking game is. And I agree that it is "piss me F'ing off" hard!!! I often rage quit the game but for the strangest reason I keep coming back, just like a dog to his vomit.....:s

Took a break from playing yesterday but started back up today. Mucked about in the forest and killed a bunch of stuff. Then ran into a F'ing giant wolf who wields an even bigger sword in his freaking mouth.

I must have died about 30 times before I figured out how to beat him. I went back to a fire so I could save and quit. That is all for today.

• 3 weeks later...

Well in an ironic twist Dark Souls is quite moddable and Sleeping Dogs doesn't have much. Could even change the Dark Souls fail screens to naughty things.

That would indeed be ironic if it turns out to be true since the creators of Dark Souls don't know jack crap about PC's and modding.

Finnaly finished DS first playthrough after 60h+

36/41 Achivs so need to make at least one more NG +

Overall I must say Dark Souls is really great game,sometimes brutal difficulty and not forgiving but it's the charm of this game.Also game atmosphere is fantastic, reminds me kinda of first Resident Evils when after long fights you finnaly found "save heaven " (saving point ) where you could finnaly rest a bit before the next journey. Also DS is very grim dark game, you never know who is your real ally,and even the most powerful NPC with whom you fight Bosses and help them in their journey can end up becoming insane and trying to kill you...

Personally I think the most tense moment comes with final boss battle.

[video=youtube]

Quoting the first comment.

When I first went to fight Gwyn, I was like "YEA GWYN'S 'BOUTTA GET HIS ASS KICKED!"

But then this song came on as i stepped through the fog gate, and I realized what I was doing. You're fighting the once powerful Lord of Sunlight, who has become a shell of his former self, who has become hollow holding onto a dying flame he only wants to keep alive..

And 2 screens from bad/evil ending.

00877515747154191892.jpg

71650132807455026382.jpg

79284605635796024204.jpg

I defeated the huge wolf and then went down and got my ass kicked about 40 times fighting the hydra. I finally was able to shoot one of the heads off and found a spot that they couldn't seem to hit me. I rained arrows down until the bastard died. I then took a break from getting my ass kicked for a while to play Borderlands 2. As silly and cartooney as the game is, it still is a lot of fun. I will probably start playing Dark Souls again next week.