When I install new textures I get a black pixelated body when I load a previous save but if I start a new game the female body looks perfectly fine

When I install new textures I get a black pixelated body when I

load a previous save but if I start a new game the female body

looks perfectly fine. why does that happen & how can

I stop it from happening?

I think black textures appear when your Vram gets maxed out in game or overtaxed which can cause these black pix elated textures. You can start a game fine but when you go into an area that has a lot of texture rendering or information to process the video card can get overtaxed.

I could be wrong but I think I asked this question in the past and got that answer.

I think Molevalence is right, I have heard of vram causing that problem when I had a pitch black body texture problem.

But in my case the cause ended up being something else, a conflict between two mods applying skin overlays. I believe Wet Function was conflicting with racemenu overlays, removed Wet Function and the problem was gone.

1. you can't stop it from happening. 

2. it happens when a new texture overwrites old textures (from a mod). having more than one active texture mod for the same object (in this case, the body) will cause it to glitch out and turn black. Especially if a new Texture mod is installed in the middle of a game. It will only be guaranteed to work properly from the start on a new game, and even then, it can cause problems down the line.

3. As far as fixing it goes, the only way to do it is to start a new game, any other fixes are temporary at best, as the bug is now imprinted on your save once it happens. 

I think black textures appear when your Vram gets maxed out in game or overtaxed which can cause these black pix elated textures. You can start a game fine but when you go into an area that has a lot of texture rendering or information to process the video card can get overtaxed.

I could be wrong but I think I asked this question in the past and got that answer.

no its not that at the moment. all I did is manually swap out

my customized SG Beautiful with a blend of Halo's normal maps

with my customized Barborous/Nisetanaka with Dieselsan's

normal maps. I did first swap Barborous with SG 2 days ago

and loaded a continue game and all was fine. but I went

back to Barborous today and the black pixel body happened on a

penultimate save. so I loaded the penultimate save and got

the black pixel body then I started a new game and my body was

fine- so then I went back to the penultimate save and my body was fine.

1. you can't stop it from happening. 

2. it happens when a new texture overwrites old textures (from a mod). having more than one active texture mod for the same object (in this case, the body) will cause it to glitch out and turn black. Especially if a new Texture mod is installed in the middle of a game. It will only be guaranteed to work properly from the start on a new game, and even then, it can cause problems down the line.

3. As far as fixing it goes, the only way to do it is to start a new game, any other fixes are temporary at best, as the bug is now imprinted on your save once it happens. 

I had a feeling it was that. so after my loaded

previous save which I had the black pixel body

I started a new game and my body was fine, then

I went to that save where I had the black

pixel body problem and my body was fine.

is that how it normally works when swapping

body textures? 

Archived