Where Do Body Textures go in Mod Organizer

Everybody seems to say that MO is the best, so I am trying to make the switch.

One question I have though, i I want to try out a different body texture.  I downloaded the mod... but it isn't
"packaged" appropriately for MO... it wants to know where the data folder is.

Of course the mod itself says to just dump it into the textures folder.

So where exactly is that via MO?  Or, teaching a man how to fish, how do I get MO to put texture files in its place correctly if there is NO data folder tree structure?

Thanks, in advance

If it helps, its Doll skin:  http://mod.dysintropi.me/mods/ThirdParty/EiriesAndHoneyVanity/UNP%20Doll%20Skin.7z

Mod Organizer looks at the file structure of a mod, as an individual Data folder. It basically is looking for folders such as MeshesTexturesScripts, etc. If the top directory is a Data folder, it looks at this as wrong. Depending on how a mod is packaged, you might have the file structure looking like this:

>Data

>Data

>Textures

So if you right-click on the second one(bolded above), you can choose "Set as Data Folder"(or something to that effect), and this moves any folders and files into the main Data folder for that mod(Underlined above).

However, if the textures are not set up properly otherwise, i.e to correctly replace the vanilla female body textures, you can create this directory for the mod Textures/Actors/character/Female/, and have the textures in the Female folder, and they should properly replace the female textures. If that directory exists in the mod already, then you can ignore this part. 

Right clicking when installing the mod and then either creating the data folder if it does not exist or drilling down until it is properly found and MO tells you the file path is correct is standard procedure.

In the case of doll skin HV did not create any of the folders necessary, so you would right click and CREATE those folders as Kuroyami stated.

If you're overriding every female skin that would be the filepath you use, if you're overriding a follower, you need the exact file path the follower has in their mod instead.

As long as you don't change the file path and leave the backups in MOs install folder, it will always reinstall to the path you specified when you do this.

Archived