"Asylum " English Translation 1.0

Well I manage to fix eye bug so I started translating another cool house from our Russian modder friends :)

Can't really say when it will be finished since this house contains books which have tons of text to translate (for now its auto translated and it still takes lots of time to do it since one mistake and esp will get broken :dodgy: )

Here are few screens from Asylum

Download :

"Asylum " (Russian )

http://www.filesonic.pl/file/2544583501

-Translated Esp:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2512

asylum1.jpg

asylum6.jpg

asylum2.jpg

asylum3.jpg

asylum4.jpg

asylum5.jpg

Oblivion2011-08-1213-22-28-45.jpg

Oblivion2011-08-1213-18-57-37.jpg

Oblivion2011-08-1213-20-46-73.jpg

Oblivion2011-08-1213-19-28-09.jpg

Oblivion2011-08-1213-20-29-48.jpg

<3

Thank you soo much. I only just downloaded this the other day, but was kinda worried about installing a Russian version. Can't wait to try it out. I'm just now installing Anvil Mystery house, so I can wait for this one a little longer. But thanks for taking it on, I'll love it! Krista made some amazing stuff.

Awesome, I've had this mod for awhile, but I never paid much attention because of the different language.

Glad that the mod is getting translated, cause my vampire needs a nice place to sleep :D

Thank you for the work you put into this and helping make Oblivion a tough place to leave when Skyrim comes out.

Ok I think mod is ready to release.

I left 2 books only partialy translated becasue orginal author literally added 2 full novels into game so translating it would take ages and they don't add anything to mod (no quest or anything )

Everything else is translated (at least I hope so :D )

Added download link on first page.

I see what the deal is... Asylum was built as a revamp of an existing dungeon, Redwater Fort, rather than creating a new location. So any mod like OOO, which removes existing creature and npc spawns and replaces them with new ones, is going to keep its spawn points inside Redwater Fort. There were also modified treasure chests in voids outside of the interior walls.

The original author of Asylum made some poor decisions. First he should have created entirely new cells, even if he wanted to replace an existing dungeon. That right there solves so many mod incompatibilities. Besides that, the esp is a mess with orphaned world spaces, duplicate and deleted cells, changes to vanilla races, and changes to cells that are apparently unrelated to Asylum (such as the arcane university and abandoned mine) and is just not a clean mod. It's a nice looking place though.

As far as the problem with spawns from OOO/FCOM, the way to fix that is by opening Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp in tes4edit, and deleting Fort Redwater from cell - block 5 - sub-block 2. Make a backup of the OOO esp before doing that, of course. The drawback is, this will make Redwater a vanilla dungeon, so if you stop using Asylum, the original Redwater will be vanilla unless you restore your OOO backup esp.

You may not use OOO or FCOM, but everything else I mentioned affects you. Asylum changes the name of the Arch Mage's quarters in the arcane university, changes the name of a cell in the imperial city waterfront, has a duplicate cell of Fort Rayles (which was apparently going to be the location of Asylum, but the author changed his mind, and left the duplicate cell in the esp), still will have orphaned world spaces, and changes the imperial race.

I've gone through the Asylum.esp and cleaned it up. I can upload my version as a bugfix .esp, a version 1.01. Dirty esps like this are a cause of crashes and incompatibilities, so my cleaned esp should make it more stable.