[Request] Skyrim armor cutting

Thanks mate,but can you explain what is ZAP? Also almost all replacers are for females, I need armor for male

That's all :) I don't want to use transparency trick armors

Edit: based on my google searches ZAP is only for female armor meshes :(

anyone? sorry for bumping my post. .. Im just excited in doing armnor mashups

I use zap with both male and female armors and so far it worked fine. But be careful when you're removing something like the dwarven skirt because sometimes the meshes is a patch-up work which mean when you remove it you might find that it doesn't have a pants underneath it. Also save yourself a little time and get the capeless version of nighttingale from here. or get this one from the Mystical Armors which also have a capeless version and better quality. As for the metal parts and such for tsun armor it won't take you more than minute with zap.

Thank you sir :) but can you guide me how to use it and where to get it? sorry Im new. .  I will try it tomorrow :)

-Paste-

Use outfit studios zap option. Load something up into it. If it's going to be under a armor turn on wire frame for the armor piece so that you can see how close to get to the edge without going past the armor otherwise you'll have a visible hole.

First click the body then click the tab with the grey square on top of the black circle. This will be used the mask the area. Under brush settings adjust the size hold down the left mouse button to paint a area. Make sure to release off and on because if you have to undo something it will undo all the way back to where you last released the button at. Once you have masked the areas under a armor that you want masked.

Go to brush - invert mask. This will make what you masked turn white and the rest will turn black. The black will be saved while the now white areas will be removed. Next go to slider - new zap slider name it if you want. Then save project as. Now go to bodyslide and in the outfit/body tab find the armor you just saved. Click it and then click preview. Now click on the zap slider box to activate it and then hit build and follow the folder path to where it was built at and look at how it looks.

you can use Nifscope to remove parts also you can use TESVedit to change the armor slot to make combinations.

Thanks sir, but I think the armor mesh should be seperated first before doing what is in the tutorial :)

Thank you sir :) but can you guide me how to use it and where to get it? sorry Im new. .  I will try it tomorrow :)

-Paste-

Use outfit studios zap option. Load something up into it. If it's going to be under a armor turn on wire frame for the armor piece so that you can see how close to get to the edge without going past the armor otherwise you'll have a visible hole.

First click the body then click the tab with the grey square on top of the black circle. This will be used the mask the area. Under brush settings adjust the size hold down the left mouse button to paint a area. Make sure to release off and on because if you have to undo something it will undo all the way back to where you last released the button at. Once you have masked the areas under a armor that you want masked.

Go to brush - invert mask. This will make what you masked turn white and the rest will turn black. The black will be saved while the now white areas will be removed. Next go to slider - new zap slider name it if you want. Then save project as. Now go to bodyslide and in the outfit/body tab find the armor you just saved. Click it and then click preview. Now click on the zap slider box to activate it and then hit build and follow the folder path to where it was built at and look at how it looks.

I tried doing it but for some reason I am getting this problem, I tried it multiple times but I am getting the same result :(post-2143422-0-86763900-1500422747_thumb.jpg

I tried doing it but for some reason I am getting this problem, I tried it multiple times but I am getting the same result :(attachicon.giftsuntsun.JPG

What the problem exactly? I see the screenshot but other a part of the armor is removed i don't get it.

I was trying to remove the bangles and iron wires from tsun armor :) also I want to remove the nordplate loincloth fur but when tried it the left arm became missing too :(

I am not really sure if you're doing something wrong or there something wrong with your bodyslide file. But anyway i removed the iron bands and such from the tsun armor for so you can just download mine. Also to save you time just use this as it skirtless version of the nordplate armor because even if you manged to remove the loincloth you would have found that that the pants mesh is not complete. 

post-718177-0-05479700-1500552451_thumb.jpg

Tsun.zip

I was trying to remove the bangles and iron wires from tsun armor :) also I want to remove the nordplate loincloth fur but when tried it the left arm became missing too :(

I am not really sure if you're doing something wrong or there something wrong with your bodyslide file. But anyway i removed the iron bands and such from the tsun armor for so you can just download mine. Also to save you time just use this as it skirtless version of the nordplate armor because even if you manged to remove the loincloth you would have found that that the pants mesh is not complete. 

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

attachicon.gifTsun.zip

Thank you very very very very very much for the Tsun Armor :) I dont know what is the problem with my ZAP slider but I managed cut/crop some mesh and some have problems similar to tsun armor. ..  as for the no-loincloth nordplate you send, it uses transparency texture trick which I dont want. .. and as for the incomplete pants mesh, it is okay because I will just combine Tsun Armor and the Nord Plate + some other mesh to complete my WIP. . .

btw. . Can i still request some cutting armor, I only have 2 left in my WIP

-Nightingale Armor, Remove the sleeves and cape (I used the existing capeless but whenever i try to remove the sleeve, some mesh parts in the body area is also removed, same as tsun armor problem)

-Dwarven Armor remove all except the metal plate skirt (I already removed almost all and got this left http://www.mediafire.com/file/rfdzimi793ii6ox/DwarvenArmorMesh.rar, It has the metal chest plate, and metal waist plate but I cant remove the chest plate part, when I do, the front metal plate is also removed, same with tsun problem, again :( )

You really should try to update or reinstall your bodyslide mod or make sure there nothing wrong with your meshes because i tried editing your dwarven mesh and it came out messed up when i built it with the bodyslide. Anyway here you go sleavless and capless version of nightingale and the dwaven metal skirt.

Sleavless And Skirt.rar

You really should try to update or reinstall your bodyslide mod or make sure there nothing wrong with your meshes because i tried editing your dwarven mesh and it came out messed up when i built it with the bodyslide. Anyway here you go sleavless and capless version of nightingale and the dwaven metal skirt.

attachicon.gifSleavless And Skirt.rar

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU :) Sorry for the trouble. . .

Edit: I noticed that the file size of _1 and _0 of sleevelss and dwarven skirt are different. .. I will just try it and see if there will be problems because based on my experience, different file size means different vertexnumber, and it means there will be an error in game. . . . .. overall thanks again :)

Yup, sorry to bump this, the number of vertices of _1 and _0 of the sleeveless and dwarven skirt are different making it unusable :( sorry for the trouble :(

Well I might have messed a little with the dwarven skirt as i did different cut but i don't know why do you really need both 0_ and 1_ for the skirt as you could use one of them and adjust the other easily to fit for either _0 or _1 mesh.

And does that mean the nightingale is fine? since you only mentioned the dwarven skirt.

Yup, sorry to bump this, the number of vertices of _1 and _0 of the sleeveless and dwarven skirt are different making it unusable :( sorry for the trouble :(

Well I might have messed a little with the dwarven skirt as i did different cut but i don't know why do you really need both 0_ and 1_ for the skirt as you could use one of them and adjust the other easily to fit for either _0 or _1 mesh.

And does that mean the nightingale is fine? since you only mentioned the dwarven skirt.

Actually, few minutes ago i decided to use the _0 skirt and adjusted the size to make _1 and it turns out to be fine :) as for the nightingale, i mentioned it above, i called it The sleeveless :) , i noticed that the vertices in the cutted part is not the same. . . . Btw thank you for still helping me :) Thank you very much :)

Edit: i tried reinstalling the bodyslide but still have the same effect when removing some parts from an armor mesh. . . :(

Actually, few minutes ago i decided to use the _0 skirt and adjusted the size to make _1 and it turns out to be fine :) as for the nightingale, i mentioned it above, i called it The sleeveless :) , i noticed that the vertices in the cutted part is not the same. . . . Btw thank you for still helping me :) Thank you very much :)

Edit: i tried reinstalling the bodyslide but still have the same effect when removing some parts from an armor mesh. . . :(

You're welcome and also i am sorry that i can't do more about your issue. I have never really tried to do both 0_ and 1_ for something this complicated. Usually i just do one size and adjust it to fit the other or like your tsun armor the cut is so clean that there can be no error. The brush tool is not that perfect that i can do exactly the same cut in both.

Archived