Viking's Daughter - 3D Open World RPG 9/10

5 hours ago, flyrenders said:

I already have an idea it's a lighting issue that renders the grass more than it should be, have you noticed anything weird like an image appearing close to the camera? Can you try looking up when that happens and see if it still causes the problem?

I Just replayed it up until the Cowgirl scene, and this time my vid card started ramping up before the BJ scene. Once I got to Cowgirl, it went to Hellblade levels, as noted before.

I didn't see any images close to the camera as you described, and I have the grass slider all the way down (Settings are: 1920x1080 @ 60hz, shadows on, tex high, antialiasing high, vsync off, water detail high, volume high, grass density all the way down).

- While writing this, I restarted from my save from before Cowgirl, turned down EVERYTHING in settings and let the game play out. About halfway through Cowgirl, everything ramps up again and stays high until I close the game out.

I hope that was a little helpful, at least.

Hey everyone!

Here you can download this month’s backer release. Even though we didn’t have a full month to work, because of the holidays, we managed to rework a lot of things and set up a lot of new systems that will help with the development of the game.

Changelog Summary:

• One new sex scene, that includes 7 animations and transitions for each character.

• Top-down map, that displays the whole isalnd, so you can navigate easier.

• New terrain textures to make it look more realistic.

• New genital models for the characters that can be animated directly in the game engine (opening/closing etc).

• New player model and textures + genitals with animations for bending.

• 80+ face expressions for the female characters were added that will be used in the next release.

• Added controls for the glutes and thighs/legs, so we can spread them during some of the NSFW scenes.

• Improved bow aim and made the shooting quest a bit easier.

• The grass spawn distance was increased.

• See the full changelog here.

Download

fPa3fSa.jpg

uKBiUAn.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Here you can download the v1.6.0 build for free now. We reworked a lot of things that were slowing down the development and we added one new sex scene with 14 animations and tranistions.

Changelog Summary

• One new sex scene, that includes 7 animations and transitions for each character.

• Top-down map, that displays the whole island, so you can navigate easier.

• New terrain textures to make it look more realistic.

• New genital models for the characters that can be animated directly in the game engine (opening/closing etc).

• New player model and textures + genitals with animations for bending.

• 80+ face expressions for the female characters were added that will be used in the next release.

• Added controls for the glutes and thighs/legs, so we can spread them during some of the NSFW scenes.

• Improved the bow aim and made the shooting quest a bit easier.

• The grass spawn distance was increased.

• See the full changelog here.

Download

mn0sv8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I just tried 0.6. woot! you nailed it with the new map!

thanx SO much! it works everytime I click M & the blue spots are a great help to find stuff!

now I can promote this game & do a proper review/let's play on my site!

i'll msg a link when I post a vid!

I like that it installs in my c drive now like a real game.

the bj animation was WAY better than House Party's & I could see this getting as popular & make it on steam maybe?

Keep up the great work!

It would be cool if the icon changed when you look at an important item, it enlarges slightly but changing shape to an eye or hand grabbing would be neat & helpful.!

I hope to see some foot fetish worship animations in future content! plz consider. thanx

1 hour ago, korbe said:

hi

I just tried 0.6. woot! you nailed it with the new map!

thanx SO much! it works everytime I click M & the blue spots are a great help to find stuff!

now I can promote this game & do a proper review/let's play on my site!

i'll msg a link when I post a vid!

I like that it installs in my c drive now like a real game.

the bj animation was WAY better than House Party's & I could see this getting as popular & make it on steam maybe?

Keep up the great work!

It would be cool if the icon changed when you look at an important item, it enlarges slightly but changing shape to an eye or hand grabbing would be neat & helpful.!

I hope to see some foot fetish worship animations in future content! plz consider. thanx

Thanks for the comment! We are currently working on a new UI, it won't be available in this month's build but hopefully in the next month.

We are interested in releasing it on Steam in late 2018.

If you do put it on steam you may think about a better name.

1st time I heard Viking's Daughter I thought this game was gonna have incest! lol

Alotta indie games here do.

Since it doesn't maybe a lil name change might be considered.

ideas :

'Daughters of the Viking'

'Jewels of the Viking'

'Viking Vixens'

'The Secret Lost World of the Viking'

'Viking Lust'  (give it a LOST mystery island feel.)

Use any of them if you want or maybe that will inspire a new idea for a tirtle.

thanx!  you rock!

Hey guys,

Here you can get the newest build of Viking’s Daughter.

We have been working on the animals AI and we made a system that will help us to quickly add other animals and NPCs. When you start the game, if you try to load an old save, it will ask you if you want to play the hunting quest. We recommend selecting “Yes”, if you’ve reached the end of build v1.6.0, because the hunting quest is in the middle of v1.5.0 and 1.6.0.

Using that base, we’re going to work on aggressive animals for the next build, which will allows us to work on very interesting mechanics.

Download

lXxfyRg.png

Hey guys,

You can follow this link to download the v.1.7.0 Public Build.

If you have seen the post above, you know that we were mainly working on the AI, so here is what’s supported:

The animals have different states - idle, patrol, rest, flee, death, hit and player detection. It took us a lot of time to make this, but we are happy with the results, because it supports an unlimited amount of animations and it’s easy to add more states and fix errors.

Here you can see a little preview (for some reason  Gfycat lowers the quality)

BasicSolidCub-max-14mb.gif

Download

23 hours ago, ZyrZylo said:

Maybe its just me that its so lag outside. Btw great game, would be a patron if im allowed with a credit card.

If you are talking about the forest, you could press ESC -> Settings -> Turn down "Grass Density". You can also turn off shadows, if you are playing on a laptop or low-end PC. The grass could overheat the GPU, it was tested on GTX 1060 6GB and maintains 90-100 FPS with everything on max.

16 hours ago, Galishai said:

Love this game!  Tho I will say that difference in frame rate between inside and outside is astounding.  Where is the ideal place for bug reports?

We have a channel called bug report on Discord. The link to our Discord server is on the Patreon post with the download links.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

The v1.8.0 backer build is available here. After the recent beta, we managed to fix a few bugs and added blood hit effects, here you can see the changelog.

ie36er.png

Changelog after v1.8.0 Beta:

• Blood hit effects added when you hit an animal.

• Optimized the blood effect for better performance.

• The wolf’s attack animation cancels the hit animation, so it won’t get stuck in a hit-loop.

• Fixed a bug where during the reverse cowgirl scene Alvilda’s arms were flickering if you look up.

• Fixed a bug where Alvilda keeps resetting her dialogues to day 2 even if you are on day 3.

Build v1.8.0 Full Changelog

Download

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...