Chinese UUNP Pubic hair question.

Hey all I recently downloaded a Chinese version of UUNP that got linked on 4chan. On the whole it seems like a really good improvement. 

Here is a link(I'm just linking to the upload, I have no connection to this what so ever):

https://mega.nz/#!Vc9lQJrY!gRYfZQUXY7ITEuNStP5FGkErdBy2ad3F2YzQTcM8k64

It comes with several 3d pubic hair styles which are also really nice. However they all seem to be set to black. I have tried with little sucess to change the colour. Editing the texture didn't do anything. It seems the colour is influenced by the settings in the nif. I played around with some settings and got it to the colour I wanted, but it wasnt affected by shadows, or was too bright.

Could someone who knows what they are doing with nifscope have a look at what flags need to be changed/added to the pubic hair to make them display in game decently?

I'm busy downloading it now but things to look out for is.

The pube mesh probably has an alpha layer, in which case changing the colour could be had to see. (depending on the alpha used)

also make sure the correct texture is being worked on.

on last thing to check is the gloss/shine colour and what type of shader its using.

I'm busy downloading it now but things to look out for is.

The pube mesh probably has an alpha layer, in which case changing the colour could be had to see. (depending on the alpha used)

also make sure the correct texture is being worked on.

on last thing to check is the gloss/shine colour and what type of shader its using.

Yeah I have been trying to play around with it. The emissive colour seems to be playing a huge role in the colour of the final mesh. Which is odd.

The texture does have an effect but it is very minor. I think there are some serious issues with the nif, that are way beyond me to sort out.

It is really annoying as the pubic hair is exactly what I want to use on my follower, but I can only ever get it either glow in the dark, or pitch black.

wow, what a coincidence, i made a thread on hdt section of forums about the follower Neisa:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/79738-can-someone-help-analyze-this-custom-hdtp-vagina-system-and-skeleton-from-this-follower/

and i'm 90% sure that follower uses this special chinese version of UUNP with these exact pubic hair meshes cuz she has her own Pubichair.nif in her body mesh files.

can anyone help confirm this on that thread cuz i posted the files themselves, i have no idea how to use nifskope and I want to know so i can edit her files accordingly and maybe even convert her body into a bodyslide preset.

wow, what a coincidence, i made a thread on hdt section of forums about the follower Neisa:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/79738-can-someone-help-analyze-this-custom-hdtp-vagina-system-and-skeleton-from-this-follower/

and i'm 90% sure that follower uses this special chinese version of UUNP with these exact pubic hair meshes cuz she has her own Pubichair.nif in her body mesh files.

can anyone help confirm this on that thread cuz i posted the files themselves, i have no idea how to use nifskope and I want to know so i can edit her files accordingly and maybe even convert her body into a bodyslide preset.

Yeah that is the same pubic hair that is in this file. Although the Pubichair.nif is actually the wild pubic hair from painted lady.

What did you do in gimp to make it brighter Deathmaw ?

The only way to get it brighter is through nifscope. But I can only get it like glow in the dark bright, or really dark, not the normal colour I would like.

i fell asleep waiting for this dl to finish... hehehe

a little of testing and i got it to show colours normally.

I make white/grey brown even red.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Here are some colours to test update the mesh to point to these or overwrite the main texture in DATA\textures\actors\character\female

attachicon.gifPubHair 2.dds

attachicon.gifPubHair 3.dds

attachicon.gifPubHair 4.dds

Which mesh are you using? Does it look alright in game? Or is it really bright?

just one generated from the bodyslide. (uunp nipple utra) or something

yeah looks normal ingame.

You didn't edit the mesh at all? Because mine doesn't look like that at all in game when I use a different texture.

When I replace the default texture with your red one for example, it doesn't look like yours does. As you can see here it is mostly black.

Like this: 

post-38611-0-21744700-1497561432_thumb.jpg

I can't even get mine to look like that in nifscope. Can you send me your edited mesh files?

After some testing I think I have worked out what the issue is. Pretty much all of the bodyslide files for this do not contain normals in the Nitrishape data of the pubic hair. Only the pubic hair in UUNP HDTVIGINA NIPPLE-ULTRA1 contain the normal data. This is the one you used, and is the only one that will display properly.

After some testing I think I have worked out what the issue is. Pretty much all of the bodyslide files for this do not contain normals in the Nitrishape data of the pubic hair. Only the pubic hair in UUNP HDTVIGINA NIPPLE-ULTRA1 contain the normal data. This is the one you used, and is the only one that will display properly.

lol

the one i happened to test was the working one.

lol

the one i happened to test was the working one.

Yeah it doesn't seem to be working well with pale colors sadly. I am trying to get it to display a light pink, but it always looks off. Darker reds and oranges like you used work fine though.

You didn't edit the mesh at all? Because mine doesn't look like that at all in game when I use a different texture.

When I replace the default texture with your red one for example, it doesn't look like yours does. As you can see here it is mostly black.

Like this: 

attachicon.gifEG.jpg

I can't even get mine to look like that in nifscope. Can you send me your edited mesh files?

For me Nifscope has no problem showing these colored textures either.

post-162794-0-77188600-1497646791_thumb.jpg

Same ingame.

You have to rename them of course so pubhair.dds gets overwritten, just copying the pubhair 4.dds from up there in the textures/actors/character/female folder (the one from the mod that has priority on that file) is not enough.

But the pink texture you uploaded is just white for me too. Something is wrong with that one...

Like this: 

attachicon.gifEG.jpg

For me Nifscope has no problem showing these colored textures either.

attachicon.gifudmurt_ftw.jpg

Same ingame.

You have to rename them of course so pubhair.dds gets overwritten, just copying the pubhair 4.dds from up there in the textures/actors/character/female folder (the one from the mod that has priority on that file) is not enough.

But the pink texture you uploaded is just white for me too. Something is wrong with that one...

Maybe I am creating the texture wrong. I am not really sure which options to save the DDS with.

So you haven't changed anything at all in that mesh? Because unless I change some settings in nifscope, my textures in there show up as black.

I have to change the texture clamp mode.

No, I didn't change anything.

There's a difference between checking it in Nifscope and ingame though. The game will automatically pick the textures from the mod with the highest priority in case more than one mod has them.

When using Nifscope you either have to point the program to the mod that you want these textures from (under Render -> Settings) or just copy whatever you need onto the Desktop or where you want to test it. In that case you'd need the body nif and a texture folder that includes the female body textures and the pubic hair texures, all in the same folder. Nifscope doesn't use the virtual file system from Mod Organizer or NMM.

No, I didn't change anything.

There's a difference between checking it in Nifscope and ingame though. The game will automatically pick the textures from the mod with the highest priority in case more than one mod has them.

When using Nifscope you either have to point the program to the mod that you want these textures from (under Render -> Settings) or just copy whatever you need onto the Desktop or where you want to test it. In that case you'd need the body nif and a texture folder that includes the female body textures and the pubic hair texures, all in the same folder. Nifscope doesn't use the virtual file system from Mod Organizer or NMM.

Hmm, maybe my base nifs are broken lol. Gonna redownload the Chinese UUNP mod. You just installed the Caliente folder from the base folder in the rar right?

Nope, I also changed something in the mesh so the labias don't shine in the dark.

But that only affects the labia mesh, not the hair.

The nifs from the Chinese UUNP archive get the hair color change too.

I don't think that the pink texture you posted is broken btw, it's just too pale I guess.

Nope, I also changed something in the mesh so the labias don't shine in the dark.

But that only affects the labia mesh, not the hair.

The nifs from the Chinese UUNP archive get the hair color change too.

I don't think that the pink texture you posted is broken btw, it's just too pale I guess.

Well if I use the red texture from this thread and change nothing from the default meshes in the rar it looks like this in game and in nifscope: post-38611-0-05283400-1497658995_thumb.jpg

To get the colour to appear in game and in nifscope I have to change the pubic hair's Texture Clamp mode from CLAMP_S_CLAMP_T to WRAP_S_WRAP_T and the hair tint colour from black to white.

You don't have to do that?

What the hell is wrong with my files that this isnt working :/

Beats me.

Here's what my game is seeing (the files that win the virtual file system priority race):

redridinghood.7z

The nifs in the main folder are just for Nifscope, not for the game. Because when I put them there, I can simply go to Render -> Settings in Nifscope and let it "auto detect game paths" there. Then it will show the red color too. The meshes and the textures folders are what the game sees. There it looks like this for my ginger main char:

post-162794-0-84670700-1497660432_thumb.jpg

Ok, not much to see, I'm not really a fan of bushes. ^^

But you can see that it's red.

Beats me.

Here's what my game is seeing (the files that win the virtual file system priority race):

attachicon.gifredridinghood.7z

The nifs in the main folder are just for Nifscope, not for the game. Because when I put them there, I can simply go to Render -> Settings in Nifscope and let it "auto detect game paths" there. Then it will show the red color too. The meshes and the texture folder are what the game sees. There it looks like this for my ginger main char:

attachicon.gifredlandingstrip.jpg

Ok, not much to see, I'm not really a fan of bushes. ^^

But you can see that it's red.

Ok I have worked out why I am seeing something different in Nifscope. I have a newer version of it I think, so it has shading on by default. If I disable shading it ends up looking how yours looks.

That one looks ok in game for me. Does Zhong1 look ok in game for you doing the same method?

Also how come your version has Nistringextradata on the pubic hair pointing to "actors\character\character assets\femalebody.tri" ? Mine don't have that by default.

try this one

attachicon.gifpink.dds

That texture looks fine in Nifscope, but it looks black in game. This is using it on a non edited shape data for UUNP HDTVIGINA NIPPLE-ZHONG1.nif other than changing the texture path to the pink.dds.

This is what it looks like with ENB on: post-38611-0-48149300-1497705461_thumb.jpg

This is what it looks like with ENB off: post-38611-0-87973200-1497705475_thumb.jpg

It looks the same no matter which of your textures I apply.

Here are my generated bodies with the Orange texture applied:

femalebody_0.niffemalebody_1.nif

Archived