EVE V9.2 + KLEOS | 2024-04-29 UPDATE

On 9/26/2022 at 11:51 AM, GilHamilton said:

Ugh so much yes. I spent FOREVER tearing my hair out until I figured this out. This sadly doesn't help when assigning the default body parts in Wicked Whims.

Yeah. After a month of busy weekends I finally got a much needed weekend with a lot of free time. I wasted almost all of it trying to figure out that Skin Details bug. Thanks EA.

Sorry I did not address your issue specifically last time, but I needed a chance to test things in my game. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate your issue. When I select Eve v8 on all sims or just the specific sim, and whether or not they are already nude, everything seems to work. I re-downloaded Eve v8.3 and installed it (I removed all other Eve meshes). The only thing is I did not reinstall the Eve skin details (I used the ones already installed). This is how my sim looked.

Spoiler

890345209_09-27-22_8-59-48PM.png.c8d9ee190ba80e367faea2d68cdd173c.png

14 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Sorry I did not address your issue specifically last time, but I needed a chance to test things in my game. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate your issue. When I select Eve v8 on all sims or just the specific sim, and whether or not they are already nude, everything seems to work. I re-downloaded Eve v8.3 and installed it (I removed all other Eve meshes). The only thing is I did not reinstall the Eve skin details (I used the ones already installed). This is how my sim looked.

So weird. @ephiny-asunder did say this happens to some people, but no idea why.

Like, I literally had no other CC, except for one mod to remove the pixels so I could see if the mesh worked. 

Hm. Maybe I should try a different mod for that...

Really appreciate you trying to help though. Thanks!

I don't know WHAT I'm doing wrong. I still can't get EVE to work right. 

I've stripped my game all the way back - reinstalled from scratch, and I've added no mods at all except the below, which should make the Eve mesh the default, right? But nope. When they change outfit to nude, or get undressed to shower BOOM basic Maxis shapes. 

All I can think of is that my Documents folder is shared with OneDrive, which is somehow messing with things. But I don't know how to change that.

Base game only.png

1 hour ago, GilHamilton said:

I don't know WHAT I'm doing wrong. I still can't get EVE to work right. 

I've stripped my game all the way back - reinstalled from scratch, and I've added no mods at all except the below, which should make the Eve mesh the default, right? But nope. When they change outfit to nude, or get undressed to shower BOOM basic Maxis shapes. 

All I can think of is that my Documents folder is shared with OneDrive, which is somehow messing with things. But I don't know how to change that.

Base game only.png

Exactly as you said, OneDrive is the one that caused problems.

I never use it but I know OneDrive messes  everything up about entire Sims Series.

For OneDrive, I think you can google about how to do it or some expert here might able to help with Sims 4 and OneDrive problem.

21 hours ago, ioawdfv said:

Exactly as you said, OneDrive is the one that caused problems.

I never use it but I know OneDrive messes  everything up about entire Sims Series.

For OneDrive, I think you can google about how to do it or some expert here might able to help with Sims 4 and OneDrive problem.

Thanks! I did go find something. My game files are now being saved in a local folder - NOT in OneDrive. And I did not copy anything from the old folder - just let Sims 4 create the required folders in the new location.

That being said, it still isn't working. ?

Back to bare bones. Only the EVE default skin and a no-censor mod (and I tried two different ones just in case). But still nothing, just the default Maxis skin. I've run out of things to try. 

I'll see if the Wicked Whims version works better in the non-OneDrive setup, but the default non-WW one seems to really not like me.

Base game only.png

Edited by GilHamilton
Removed personal name

Reveal hidden contents

2 hours ago, GilHamilton said:

Thanks! I did go find something. My game files are now being saved in a local folder - NOT in OneDrive. And I did not copy anything from the old folder - just let Sims 4 create the required folders in the new location.

That being said, it still isn't working. ?

Back to bare bones. Only the EVE default skin and a no-censor mod (and I tried two different ones just in case). But still nothing, just the default Maxis skin. I've run out of things to try. 

I'll see if the Wicked Whims version works better in the non-OneDrive setup, but the default non-WW one seems to really not like me.

Base game only.png

Just to make sure, if you have ww, you need to use "For use with WickedWhims".

If you didn't have ww, you need to use, "For use without WickedWhims".

Also, you must use either "one of them" for them to work.

Also, look at the bottom screenshot I took from main thread:

image.png.a2823a977b7fb1c021a4b1388663a80c.png

image.png.375d6d468d6ef660fd3f70327a80ad6c.png

I'm not sure if we need all of them but I have all of them, except "Evev8.3 Blender Files".

I'm going to test my in-game with same downloads as you do to see if they shows up for me.

My Document Folder setup (Click "Reveal hidden contents" to see my screenshots):

Spoiler

image.png.8b8f97884be78f070c5181208929fd02.png

Spoiler

image.png.dd0166abe89a656756515bcf4c5b9f1a.png

Spoiler

image.png.a7faab650574132d36752b93b950e9e3.png

In the CAS, above is only things that shows up.

If you want to make nude/naked outfit to shows up in "Live Mode" without ww, you need to install mods that make/let you do that.

Edited by ioawdfv
36 minutes ago, ioawdfv said:

Just to make sure, if you have ww, you need to use "For use with WickedWhims".

If you didn't have ww, you need to use, "For use without WickedWhims".

Also, you must use either "one of them" for them to work.

Yup, exactly. In the lower right of my screen shot, you can see those are the files I'm using. Sigh.

Yup, exactly. In the lower right of my screen shot, you can see those are the files I'm using. Sigh.

You saw my updated post, right?

Try unarchive in original folders under direct "Mods" folder and see if that works.

Also, if you see the thread of this mod that says "2. VISUAL INSTALLATIION HELP FOR SKIN OVERLAYS"?

It says you also need that one for bottom to see in the CAS, for this mod, no matter what.

So, you also basically needs "EVE v7 Vag/Nip Overlays".

Hold on sec, so that I can try to show you with that one: <- Forget it for now

image.thumb.png.a4d610750bbc653d668d0a0a0f5becff.png

Do you see x button on the screenshot above, that is what let you show nude bottom.

Try that one to see if you can see Eve's default bottom.

After pressing that x button:

image.thumb.png.5e84759ddbd88a4dd8556b6030037a33.png

So, for the nipple to show up, you also need to install Eve v7 Vag/Nip Overlays (I'm not sure what does Eve v8.3 Body Presets do).

Edited by ioawdfv
1 hour ago, ioawdfv said:

You saw my updated post, right?

Try unarchive in original folders under direct "Mods" folder and see if that works.

Also, if you see the thread of this mod that says "2. VISUAL INSTALLATIION HELP FOR SKIN OVERLAYS"?

It says you also need that one for bottom to see in the CAS, for this mod, no matter what.

So, you also basically needs "EVE v7 Vag/Nip Overlays".

Hold on sec, so that I can try to show you with that one: <- Forget it for now

Do you see x button on the screenshot above, that is what let you show nude bottom.

Try that one to see if you can see Eve's default bottom.

After pressing that x button:

I hadn't seen your edit actually. But it and the above works - sort of. EVE is definitely set as the default as a CAS option, but when anyone showers or changes into nude, it goes away. Top AND bottom.

• The EVE default top and bottom now shows up in CAS, and the 'nude' look can be added to any outfit.
  • If told to 'Change into nude' the default Maxis mesh returns.
  • If told to shower, the default Maxis mesh returns.

There was a suggestion earlier I think (or maybe on a different forum) that I could use one of the Bathing Outfit reset tools to fix this for individual sims:

• Make the 'everyday' outfit fully nude. 
  • Use a tool to copy that look to the bathing outfit

However, what I would prefer is that ALL sims get the EVE default in their bathing outfit as well as the other ones. Maybe EVE just won't work for that. :classic_sad:

Full details and pics:

As per your suggestion, I kept the file path in the files:

Spoiler

ioawdfv1.png.f4f5bd741004c40e88ad04ece91f5b6b.png

They appear to have loaded correctly.

Spoiler

ioawdfv2.png.47882d0bee9cd1f6c92e5ea8e22327ff.png

When I create a new character (or edit an existing one) I can click the red 'x' to get the nude look.

Spoiler

ioawdfv3.png.c1274371645d224bc3a09deb7364584a.png

So with the EVE default as part of the Everyday outfit, when I go to live, my Sim is standing around in sneakers and wrist bangles. BUT! I I click Outfits -> Change into Nude, I can see that her silhouette (which highlights if I hover) goes back to Maxis default. (I skipped the mosaic remover this time to test clean). 

Spoiler

ioawdfv4.png.a3159d23f9a4770eead97a84c3aeec4c.pngioawdfv4b.png.473a4676369a31400ebbabac4dae53fe.png

The nipples vanish.

ioawdfv5.png.668d4f9f76b46920d7d31e98f6edfda2.pngioawdfv5b.png.d8dec87b59577d0f0e15e81c60614bd1.png

Lose the hip and vagina dips.

(Weirdly, when I tried to confirmed this with the 'shower hack' (go into build mode while the sim is in the shower and then move the shower), the defaults came back.)

Spoiler

ioawdfv6.png.bc64142810017593f7fbcf98f5edb7d1.png

SO! I closed the game, added a mosaic remover and went back in. The sim still had the default in her Everyday slot BUT when asked to shower or change into nude, it reverted back to Maxis defaults.

Spoiler

ioawdfv7.png.340acbef4d489b9e791cfa3e9f54f572.png

44 minutes ago, GilHamilton said:

I hadn't seen your edit actually. But it and the above works - sort of. EVE is definitely set as the default as a CAS option, but when anyone showers or changes into nude, it goes away. Top AND bottom.

• The EVE default top and bottom now shows up in CAS, and the 'nude' look can be added to any outfit.
  • If told to 'Change into nude' the default Maxis mesh returns.
  • If told to shower, the default Maxis mesh returns.

There was a suggestion earlier I think (or maybe on a different forum) that I could use one of the Bathing Outfit reset tools to fix this for individual sims:

• Make the 'everyday' outfit fully nude. 
  • Use a tool to copy that look to the bathing outfit

However, what I would prefer is that ALL sims get the EVE default in their bathing outfit as well as the other ones. Maybe EVE just won't work for that. :classic_sad:

Full details and pics:

As per your suggestion, I kept the file path in the files:

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv1.png.f4f5bd741004c40e88ad04ece91f5b6b.png

They appear to have loaded correctly.

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv2.png.47882d0bee9cd1f6c92e5ea8e22327ff.png

When I create a new character (or edit an existing one) I can click the red 'x' to get the nude look.

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv3.png.c1274371645d224bc3a09deb7364584a.png

So with the EVE default as part of the Everyday outfit, when I go to live, my Sim is standing around in sneakers and wrist bangles. BUT! I I click Outfits -> Change into Nude, I can see that her silhouette (which highlights if I hover) goes back to Maxis default. (I skipped the mosaic remover this time to test clean). 

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv4.png.a3159d23f9a4770eead97a84c3aeec4c.pngioawdfv4b.png.473a4676369a31400ebbabac4dae53fe.png

The nipples vanish.

ioawdfv5.png.668d4f9f76b46920d7d31e98f6edfda2.pngioawdfv5b.png.d8dec87b59577d0f0e15e81c60614bd1.png

Lose the hip and vagina dips.

(Weirdly, when I tried to confirmed this with the 'shower hack' (go into build mode while the sim is in the shower and then move the shower), the defaults came back.)

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv6.png.bc64142810017593f7fbcf98f5edb7d1.png

SO! I closed the game, added a mosaic remover and went back in. The sim still had the default in her Everyday slot BUT when asked to shower or change into nude, it reverted back to Maxis defaults.

Reveal hidden contents

ioawdfv7.png.340acbef4d489b9e791cfa3e9f54f572.png

For the Eve mod without using ww to work properly, you need to use mod that allows changing bath/nude state of sim.

This is what it says in the thread:

The skin detail overlays should be assigned as part of Everyday Outfit #1. Even if you don't see them/don't think you need them, without this assignment they wont show correctly in the nude state.

If you still have trouble, you might need to enable the parts as Nude options in the Wicked Whims Body Selector. If you don’t use WW, you must manually set the bathing/nude state of your desired Sim either through accessing cheats to get into Create-A-Sim or via the Outfit Tools Mod.

Now you need to install more stuffs from eve:

- EVE v7 Vag/Nip Overlays

That will give your sim the nipple color or etc.

Spoiler

image.png.5606a94d2c309212da367b2449d87646.png

And figure out way to change what I quote above.

Also, to keep sim nude/naked, I think you need to have another mod that let you stay nude/naked, like nude/naked outfits.

Since I forgot to put link of the "Outfit Tools Mod" suggested by author, I edited it to place link.

Now, the screenshot with the Eve v7 Vag/Nip Overlays:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bf526aeec2d87f2455b4accd8ab92edd.png

Edited by ioawdfv
9 minutes ago, ioawdfv said:

For the Eve mod without using ww to work properly, you need to use mod that allows changing bath/nude state of sim.

This is what it says in the thread:

Now you need to install more stuffs from eve:

- EVE v7 Vag/Nip Overlays

That will give your sim the nipple color or etc.

And figure out way to change what I quote above.

Yup, agreed - but none of the mods I can find will apply the default to all sims at once. 

• Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v4 will let you copy an existing outfit to another slot, which would work for individuals but not all. I could make someone's main Everyday outfit nude and copy that to the bathing suit but not everyone's. 
  • The reset.bathing command of the above mod effects all sims but for some reason it does not include the EVE defaults.
  • Reset Bathing Outfit clears the existing bathing outfit and the game generates a new one when needed, but when it generates a new one, it does NOT use the EVE defaults.

And the vag/nip overlays are great, but again, I can't apply it to all sims.

All that being said, I've re-added a clean new version of WW, set the non-defaults in the body selector for all sims, and that seems to be working THIS TIME.

I am going to find a nice skin default replacement to give the nipple color etc. Hopefully that will do the blanket change I want - then I can use the EVE overlays, etc. for specific sims.

Anyway! Thanks @ioawdfv for all the time you spent helping out. Very much appreciated.

Yup, agreed - but none of the mods I can find will apply the default to all sims at once. 

• Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit v4 will let you copy an existing outfit to another slot, which would work for individuals but not all. I could make someone's main Everyday outfit nude and copy that to the bathing suit but not everyone's. 
  • The reset.bathing command of the above mod effects all sims but for some reason it does not include the EVE defaults.
  • Reset Bathing Outfit clears the existing bathing outfit and the game generates a new one when needed, but when it generates a new one, it does NOT use the EVE defaults.

And the vag/nip overlays are great, but again, I can't apply it to all sims.

All that being said, I've re-added a clean new version of WW, set the non-defaults in the body selector for all sims, and that seems to be working THIS TIME.

I am going to find a nice skin default replacement to give the nipple color etc. Hopefully that will do the blanket change I want - then I can use the EVE overlays, etc. for specific sims.

Anyway! Thanks @ioawdfv for all the time you spent helping out. Very much appreciated.

For the default replacement nipple color, I think you need to get the default skintone replacement?

Because what this mod has is default body mesh (Default for non-whickedwhims, body presets (Don't think they are also for default), vag/nip overlays (Don't think they are also for default)

Also for bathing outfit reset tool, maybe you can try this:

How To Reset Your Bathing Outfit In Sims 4? - SnootySims (It uses MCCC, so another mod required) -> Not sure if that will work or not

* Also maybe you can ask mod author to about to have default replacement skintone with vag/nipple details for Eve v8.3 (Cause I think the author purposely didn't make nipple/vagina overlays as default replacement?).

Edited by ioawdfv