There are a several great slave mods out there. Paradise Halls Enhanced + Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home is my favorite. I like some of the ideas from Slave Trainer a lot, and the opening quest line in SexLab Sex Slaves is amazing! 

After thinking about it today, I decided to create a new slaver mod. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that a Slaver mod is a lot like a sex mod. I think its a fetish thing.

Fetishes can be so very strange. What appeals to one person might not even make a difference - or even be a huge turn off - for someone else. That's exactly what you should expect from fetishes - and lets face it, that's a large part of what these are really about!

Some people want...

to play the slave.

to play the slaver (buying / selling slaves)

to play the master/mistress (controlling the slaves)

to enslave only women.

to enslave only men.

enslaving to work with a click of the button followed by instant obedience.

enslaving to require "work" and careful attention so the slave doesn't escape.

Just to name a few things off the top of my head..

Personally I want to:

... play as female

... play at being a mistress

... only enslave other women

... "work" to train a slave.

... be totally evil

... torture & rape (I would never do either in real life - but in a game I find it a lot of fun.)

... humiliation 

... have slaves that can not only escape, but also turn on you - including a chance for them to kill, capture, rape, and/or torture you.

... have zero male npc's involved.

... have a large dungeon

... have slaves automatically numbered (with slavetats)

... BDSM gear

I'm sure all of us could add many things to the above list.

So I'm going to make another slave mod for myself - I'll share it as I work on it.

I also plan on adding some of the functionality as separate sub mods that can be installed to add functionality to multiple existing slave mods. In fact my first mod was SlaveLight, and that's exactly what it does.

The main reason I'm making this wall of text is because I would like ideas. If you could snap your fingers and instantly have the exact slave mod you want, what are some of the features you would like to see?

Feel free to suggest things that you don't think anyone else would be interested in. I expect to see suggestions that interest me, suggestions I have zero interest in, suggestions that leave me scratching my head, and suggestions that would ruin the mod for me.

I'll take the ones I like and add them to my list.

My advice, since it is quite ambitious (I know something about that working on SD+), is - make the mod YOU want first.

Start small, make it work in increments the way you want it.

And only when you are bored with your own ideas start including suggestions from other people.

Otherwise, your mod will quickly join the pile of great ideas that fizzled and never went anywhere.

@skyrimll My first though on reading your post was...  "I don't think I've ever been given that much good advice in 4 short sentences in my entire life." Thank you!

I'm going to reply to your post in reverse order... 

The last couple lines really helped clarify things for me.

I still welcome suggestions.

.. but I'm going to do most/all of the items on my personal list first.

The first couple sentences are really about handling larger programming projects, and actually finishing them. Thankfully this is something that I do have real experience in. I'm a software engineer with about 20 years experience.

1) I always break projects into as many small pieces as possible, and while CK/Skyrim has real limitations in this area, I think I have most of the issues related to project scope solved.

2) The project is very ambitious, but I believe it's all things that I can reasonably code as separate pieces. I can start off with a simple framework, and then add additional functionality as I desire. Some pieces will be simple place holders with basic functionality, and some will be much more powerful.

3) I expect this to take hundreds or even thousands of hours over the next 6 months or more (possibly much more). It could also take a week because find some other shiny new side project. :)

The fact that CK / Skyrim limits you to 255 esm/esp files, and that merging mods increases performance is really frustrating. (After further research, I no longer believe that it effects performance. Awesome news!) My original plan was to create a fairly simple core with an API. Then I could add most of the functionality as independent plugins. I'm still going to start the project off that way, and hopefully it's not as big of an issue as the posts I've read make it sound like, but I could easily break just things I've mentioned so far into 20+ smaller mods.

I'll make sure to double down on coding one section at a time, and focusing on my favorite ideas first.

I have to agree with skyrimll.

Focus mostly on the game you want Skyrim to be.

Embrace good ideas from others as much as you can but don't let it get in the way of progressing on the main features you want to see.

Sounds great that you are planning to modularize it and it sounds like you don't need much advice in how to do that :).

Here are my suggestions:

Try to use resources that are available.  i.e. don't re-invent the wheel.

Zaz Animation Pack has features that manage slaves and owners.  Make sure you work with them.  While this description is targeted at player slavery, a lot of it is applicable to NPC slaves as well.

Devious Devices and the Zaz Animation Pack both have restraints.  I recommend only using them for the most compatibility of your mod.  I suggest starting with one or the other and adding the other once you have something working with the first.

There are a few house mods out there.  See drlove33's Slave Den for an example.  See his other files for a few others.  One thing to watch for with these mods is that the NPCs can path around all of the areas.  I know I had some pathing issues with the Slave Den and Eastern Holding Cell.  If you can't find some that have proper pathing it might be worth it to learn to edit the NavMesh in the creation kit.  Sometimes the resources are not too difficult to fix.  If you do end up making your own "houses" I suggest these are a good choice for being modular.  Keeping just a house and contents as single mod seems like a good idea to me.  Adding NPCs to it would best be done outside the mod.

I'm in the process of creating some furniture mods for: shops, outdoor public ares, jarl houses, inns and other indoor public areas, private residence, and remote locations.  So far the Shops has been created and the outdoor public ares will soon be complete (although untested).  These will only have basic furniture.  None of the new stuff.  But it is a start.

There is a "cages" mod for SD+ although it is mostly in the wilderness.  I expect at some point I'll be adding a mod for cages around the cities.

With the player in control I don't know if this is necessary but if your mod has a need to automatically detect nearby furniture I have some rather extensive functionality for this in my DFW Support mod.  I've been thinking it may need to be pulled out and modularized so it can be used by other mods.

There are a couple of leash systems out there.  I am not as familiar with them as I would like to be though so I'm not sure they work with NPCs but they might.  Unless something has changed, I believe the leash system from Prison Overhaul is the most standard.  I don't know if it has been modularized or improved upon since I looked into it but there was some talk of it.

I think a good choice for modularization is the status and disposition of the slave.  Things like rebellious attitude, dominant/submissive tendencies, training level, and length of enslavement.  My Devious Framework mod keeps track some NPC dispositions Interest, Dominant tendencies, Anger toward the player but it focuses more on NPCs controlling the player.  I do get the feeling though that it would be good to have a mod that keeps track of all NPC disposition stats.

From what I understand skyrimll's SexLab Dialogues mod keeps track of some information about NPC disposition with the player.  Perhaps that has something you can use.

Similarly Versh's Sexual Fame Framework mod keeps track of fair amount of player/NPC dispositions.  Again I'm not as familiar with this mod as I would like to be but I suspect this is the best option for that information.

And remember plugin files can access other plugin files ONLY at a script level.  Dialogues, the creation kit condition systems, and creation kit scenes, for example can't access any information in another plugin file.  If you are going to need information from the "modularized" mod in a scene or dialogue, make sure to make the modularized mod a master (.esm) file.

While my Devious Framework mod is aimed at NPCs controlling the player it might have some things you are interested in.

In particular it:

Keeps track of how vulnerable the player is based on his appearance/BDSM gear worn;

Keeps track of where the player is including the nearest city;

Can be used to block multiple scenes starting at the same time;

Easy script access to nearby actors including their status as dominants, submissive, slaves, slave owners, guards, merchants;

Script access to a couple AI packages to move NPCs to the player, a location, or an object; and

Access to the following information from within the dialogue condition system:

Is the player calling for attention/help;

Is the actor a slave, submissive, dominant, a slave owner;

The player's vulnerability and worn BDSM gear;

If the NPC just raped the player;

The NPC's anger, arousal, confidence, dominance, interest, kindness, and willingness to help; and

The distance between the actor and the player.

If you need something from my mod but it isn't right to be dependent on my mod you are welcome to copy things from the scripts.

Happy modding,

legume.

These guys know what they're talking about. All I know is a fetish and how to monkey around with mod installation and light modification of downloaded mods.

That being said, what I really want are quests. The awesome thing is we align very closely on the "Personally I want to" list (literally the only exception is the tats), but every quest line I've seen focuses on a submissive/enslaved player. They're fun, sure! But I'm a dominant type and I'm having trouble playing an enslaved proxy, because being dominated pisses me off IRL. Don't get me wrong, I've got about half the DD suite installed, and randomly getting slapped with a yoke, a gag, and a pair of pears is excitingly different, but everything takes a backseat to freeing myself at that point, and if it takes too long or is too difficult to do so, I just reload a save out of frustration. What I would love to see is the dominant equivalent of Urag's forbidden tome quest -- reasonably well fleshed out, calls upon some enjoyable animations and functionality, and featuring a degree of complexity. There's simply not enough of that sort of thing -- and I imagine it's because of Skyrim's limitations with NPC idles in restraints and such.

But that's just a hope of mine. Quests! More of them! And built for a master/top/dom/whatever the name of the week is. If you need additional ideas, I've got zillions of them. They're the only thing of value I have to contribute at this point lol.

Archived