Converting .ESM to .ESP

so everyone wants to know how to create an .esp to an .esm .... but.... I want to do the opposite. there is a mod that had an .esm but I don't need it to be a master file any longer so I would like to knock it down to an .esp so I can edit it in CK with just one file. possible?

Open it, then right click on it, and there should be an option under "Other..."

I cannot run TES5Edit right now, but I am pretty sure a simple google will tell you how to do it.

OK, just looked at the first result on Google (it if for FONV, but works just fine for Skyrim):

Just load the ESM, expand it, click on Headers, edit the flags, and uncheck "ESM". Save and you should be done.

In addiction to CPU's method, using WryeBash maybe more intuitive.

Right click:

- Copy to Esp/Esm is self explanatory. It renames copy's extention accordingly

- Espify/Esmify act exactly as Tesvedit with only manipulating master flag on .esp

Kind Regards

the tes5edit method of editing the header file by unclicking esm doesn't work for me. the wryebash doesn't sork either bc i don't even have the "espify" options and the esmisfy options are grayed out. i'll post pics in a sec.

espify/esmify available only to .esp.

All that you need - right click on .esm, and choose "Copy to Esp", so you have both .esp and .esm. Edit .esp in CK, after edits done, do reverse, "Copy to Esm" on edited .esp (with replacement) and delete .esp.

Kind Regards

the wryebash worked but there is discoloration at neck body now with the npcs that were. in the mod. no way around that is there?

Gray face bug? ;) Not related to topic theme, I'm only about converting esm-esp and back.

Just look for solution on google or even here on LL, this theme is very popular, so you'll easily find.

Kind Regards.

• 4 weeks later...

the wryebash worked but there is discoloration at neck body now with the npcs that were. in the mod. no way around that is there?

Gray face bug? ;) Not related to topic theme, I'm only about converting esm-esp and back.

Just look for solution on google or even here on LL, this theme is very popular, so you'll easily find.

Kind Regards.

got it - it was the facegen folders in both the "meshes" & "textures" folders. the *. esm has to be changed to *. esp. that's all!

You need to rename the face gen files(both meshes and textures) to match the new extension

opps missed the above post lol

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to convert a esm to a esp, to be able to see its contents in CK (with the "active" filter), but there is no option in Wrye Bash to copy it to a esp. There is only a option to copy it to a esm, which is greyed-out.

In xEdit, the "file header" tab dont show any option to untag it as a esm. Any tips on how to proceed?

Archived