Guns for Skyrim

Veta

This is more of an Idea rather than a suggestion and since i barely know how to mod i though i might share it.

The thing is with Dawnguard on its way ( hopefully ), crossbows will be added to the game YaY :D and the way the player holds the crossbow is pretty similar to how FSP games look holding weapons ,where i am getting at is that even though guns have been made before they were made like staves just with diffrent meshes and effects, while the crossbow stance can allow the creation of guns that can fire remeshed arrows that look like bullets :idea: or however that can be made and there will even be kill cams since the game will recognise it as bow kill.

i wanted to ask you all about your opinion on this.

and here my awsome photoshop skills :cool::P

a7rmf.png

Edit noticed know but is that a zombie or a vampire dying in the pic?

I thought they already made a mod that adds flintlock pistols to skyrim?

I mentioned that' date=' it works like a staff with effects nothing is actually fired

I'd just play New Vegas or something if I wanted guns. Just my opinion.

i know what you mean but isnt bringing unnecessary things to the game what modding is all about :P

Really early on, I remember there was a modder on Nexus working on an amazing 17th/18th century rifle. I think that was forgotten about, but single-shot, Age of Sail era weapons would be more lore-friendly than, err, Crysis nanosuits.

I was thinking and maybe this could even be a quest, You hear roumors of someone trying crazy experiments in a place and when you go and visit you find out these items he calls boom boom ( or guns whichever you prefer :P ) heck maybe even a gunsmithing lol ,not sure if it would be that lore frienly though :-/

P.S this is just a reminder that these are ideas and not plans so dont get your hopes too high :(

Skyrim with guns? Just wait for Fallout 4 :D

I do have two gun mods, one adds a flintlock pistol, the other a dwemer rifle. Both use magic staff animaitons, so they aren't that good.

And i wouldn't at all mind arming my khajiit assassin with a Dragunov ;)

There are only 3 existing gun mods:

- Flintlock pistol

- Dwemer Rifle

- Dwemer blaster

All of these are just modified "staves" that fires bullets instead of magic spells, but work the same way as a staff, ie need to charge up for 1-2 seconds before firing, and it's pretty tedious.

More automatic weapons would be awesome. As for those who care too much about being lore-friendly (how many mods are lore-friendly anyways, that's the whole point of mods), like I always say, if you don't like it, don't download it.

There are only 3 existing gun mods:

- Flintlock pistol

- Dwemer Rifle

- Dwemer blaster

All of these are just modified "staves" that fires bullets instead of magic spells' date=' but work the same way as a staff, ie need to charge up for 1-2 seconds before firing, and it's pretty tedious.

More automatic weapons would be awesome. As for those who care too much about being lore-friendly ([b']how many mods are lore-friendly anyways, that's the whole point of mods[/b]), like I always say, if you don't like it, don't download it.

True, so exist Gundam mods lol, Anime mods, dinosaurs, -insert future rare mod here-, what not Guns? hehe i want a SAW Gatling gun.

Well gundam and anime mods or not, havn't seen a Redeemer/ BFG9K in elder scrolls yet. That'd be the pinnacle of lore-unfriendlyness i guess :D

But what floats yer boat. Guns for skyrim i'm with the flintlock weaponry, wouldn't mind some pirate cannons (or whatever you call them) and ship fights. Though that's hell to script i guess.

My 2 cents; There won't be any good pistol/rifle mods out there until dawnguard is released, mostly because i bet the crossbow mechanics will work 50 times better than those staff-animations.

there is potential for early ranged fire arms such as flint looks, and the overpowering generally with firearms, could be nullified, at least a little, using the crafting system, if you had to make the ammo for it, you need what lead and blackpowder, so you gotta go search for charcoal, saltpeter and sulfur, then got to find and cast lead into bullets.

if these items were made fairly rare to find...

personally I'm quite interested in seeing what could come of these Arms of the Rim.

Archived