Missing .esm from mods even when downloading the missing

mooful

I hate to say that Skyrim and mods won't cause your computer to shut down unless you are putting far too much load on it. Sounds like you might have hardware issues.

has anyone else found jack the ripper or is it a mod ive got :L

Jack the ripper is a follower on nexus.  Is that what you are referring to?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73753/?

my skyrim date file was 39GB in their and the shut down started happening when i added more mods from lovers lab like my computer was fine befor i moded it more

and lodakai it wasnt a follower mod 

I hate to say that Skyrim and mods won't cause your computer to shut down unless you are putting far too much load on it. Sounds like you might have hardware issues.

has anyone else found jack the ripper or is it a mod ive got :L

Jack the ripper is a follower on nexus.  Is that what you are referring to?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73753/?

my skyrim date file was 39GB in their and the shut down started happening when i added more mods from lovers lab like my computer was fine befor i moded it more

and lodakai it wasnt a follower mod 

If your cpu ends up overheating... it would shut down your system like that and is indicative of some kind of hardware problem.  It could be that installing mods put more stress on the cpu than normal for an extended period of time exacerbating the problem.. that does not rule out that it is a hardware problem.   Usually this kind of thing can happen due to cpu or gpu overheating, psu insufficiency or decay, or bad memory.

With respect, mooful, my Data folder is 67.4Gb, 250 mods. The size of the folder only tells you how much data is there, its not actually doing anything. Skyrim is what is doing things and it was built to handle 254mods. And even that can be got around by merging mods.

Mooful, I've been building, tearing apart and rebuilding computers since the '70's. Yes, Skyrim will crash to desktop, but, it will not cause your computer to shutdown. 99% of the time, its a hardware problem. CPU or graphics card overheating, RAM gone bad, bad sectors on your harddrive, something like that. The other 1% of the time, its a virus.

With respect, mooful, my Data folder is 67.4Gb, 250 mods. The size of the folder only tells you how much data is there, its not actually doing anything. Skyrim is what is doing things and it was built to handle 254mods. And even that can be got around by merging mods.

Mooful, I've been building, tearing apart and rebuilding computers since the '70's. Yes, Skyrim will crash to desktop, but, it will not cause your computer to shutdown. 99% of the time, its a hardware problem. CPU or graphics card overheating, RAM gone bad, bad sectors on your harddrive, something like that. The other 1% of the time, its a virus.

With Win10 i have some blue screens of Death the first time since... 15 years, i think? Something about storage data, don't know if that means hardware saying goodbye, i assume it's because there is little space left... for Skyrim i have one partition with 100GB space, and if i don't clear it regularly around 99GB are full and the blue screens only happen if it's that full. 

So, it doesn't matter how much space your mods use, it might depend on how much space is left, though.

I've given Win10 a try 4 times, returned to Win7 each time. Longest period was just over a month. It doesn't seem to handle games older than 2014 or so very well. I'm guessing that Micro$oft's "big break" with the old way of doing their OS included reduced backward compatibility.

No matter which version, Windows uses a part of the harddrive for swapping files and such. The less space it has for that, the more likely you'll have problems. Like a BSOD. Go out and get a 1Tb drive and install it as a second HD. You'll love it. Install Windows and your apps on the smaller C:, partition the big D: into two 500Gb drives, using one for gaming and such and the other for data storage.

In fact, how about a 2Tb internal harddrive for about $60? https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822146134

Btw, the Frankenputer (my system) has two physical harddrives, a 500Gb and a 3Tb. Having that second harddrive has been a sanity saver more than once.

"h drive" as in harddrive? mooful, your portable drive is really tiny. Good for carrying around music, pics and documents, but, to my mind, its way too small for data storage. You can get 1Tb external drives as cheap as internal ones. Your main harddirve, at 931Gb, is large enough to run all your apps and games on. Mine is only 500Gb, minus whatever Windows reserves for its system stuff.

Here's some basic help with trying to figure out if its your hardware at fault - http://www.wikihow.com/Diagnose-a-Computer-Problem

Archived