Adding new mods to a existing game. Do you have to start back at the begining again (new game)?

I have had lots of problems with this, across many platforms (skyrim, FO3, FONV, FO4)

My Last go around with FO4 MO seemed to handle it pretty well.

When I came back to skyrim, MO proved to be highly unstable.

Basically in Skyrim (I am using NMM, since MO really messed up my shiznt.) Every time I ad  a new mod, I can no longer load my current game.)

The work around I found was, after installing a new mod, while using Alt starts, I could create a new game instance, and after doing that, I would load one of my old saves, and then save, and then it was stable.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions about this? (Yes I already use loot, and then TES5Edit, and then WryeBash  every time I ad a new mod, which is a huge pain in the ass... it literally takes hours.)

It depends more on what you are adding to your game. Some mods need to be added earlier on or they ca cause problems script wise and maybe some even have certain things that have to happen in game for the scripts or such to activate. Mods like clothing and armor will not have this happen but other mods like races or mods that use scripts might need to be installed at the beginning. 

It depends more on what you are adding to your game. Some mods need to be added earlier on or they ca cause problems script wise and maybe some even have certain things that have to happen in game for the scripts or such to activate. Mods like clothing and armor will not have this happen but other mods like races or mods that use scripts might need to be installed at the beginning. 

Agree to that.

Mo is also superior to NMM. If you fail you have done some wrong.

Did you sort your left side in MO? If you fail that you cant load any save.

And dont use the mod that was suggested. It will not help you if your left side in MO is wrong. It will only mess things up for you.

Well unfortunately, that linked patch didn't work for me, so I guess I will just have to use the work around every time. I might try it again by it'self, as I was adding it with other mods, and got an unstable game subsequently.

Archived