KWSV (Kinky World Sunset Valley) LOTS [WIP] (Updated 24July17)

I had the same results as you last night. The only people there besides my sim were the mixologists and the dancer.  That has me wondering... perhaps it was actually that way before, but my character used to do a lot of whoring here, which changes the equation dramatically.

Let me know how your experiments play out, and i'll dig around and see if i can find any solutions other than ditching the rabbithole.

I really wish the world editor didn't woohoo the pooch on the game.  Then we could just drop a small lot somewhere for it.

My limited understanding of Sims3 traffics management when rabbit hole door/rug is used is that regardless what lot you assigned in town builder the engine only sees the rabbit hole when pushing sims to the lot.  So having The Hole in the same lot with Criminal Hangout means only sims in the criminal career will get push there.  Whether the career sims will use the lot depends on the traits (dance club, dive bar etc).

TheHole/CriminalRabbithole -> criminal sims (if sims go to the lot ) + dive bar traits (whether sims use the lot once on it).

So you have a small pool of sims.  

I had the same results as you last night. The only people there besides my sim were the mixologists and the dancer.  That has me wondering... perhaps it was actually that way before, but my character used to do a lot of whoring here, which changes the equation dramatically.

Let me know how your experiments play out, and i'll dig around and see if i can find any solutions other than ditching the rabbithole.

I really wish the world editor didn't woohoo the pooch on the game.  Then we could just drop a small lot somewhere for it.

I don't think the rabbithole is the culprit. I moved it to its own lot and it didn't change anything.

I was able to resolve it though. I bulldozed the Gilded Gator and set Mike's place to no visitors allowed. I also moved two new party animal sims into the neighborhood. I visited the lot on a tuesday evening and within an hour 3 additional sims showed up. I exited the game after a 4th arrived. None of the visitors were the new sims, but it could have been a domino effect (i.e. new sim went to warehouse hangout, pushing others to Hole in the Wall).

So it seems my problem was simply a matter of too many venues and not enough eligible sims.

Something to keep in mind is that aside from your lots, my sunset valley is largely vanilla with maybe 5 or 6 added sims. I set the lot to be a dance club and the game looks for specific traits from which to pull sims from. I don't know your full plans for the entire Sunset Valley overhaul, but make sure there are plenty of party animals and daredevils. I know those 2 traits are attracted to clubs, but cannot remember the other traits. Bookworms and artistic sims avoid clubs, and SV has several of both.

Also keep in mind that this was without the rabbithole door on the lot. I don't know if putting it back in will change things, and I'm not about to find out lol.

Btw, unrelated question if you happen to know the answer, how does the mechanics of KW whoring system manage npc whores? I've heard that NRAAS register doesn't play nice with KW. I'd like to remove my two dedicated whores from their exotic pole assignment, but I want them using this lot as their hunting grounds. I registered it with KW as a Brothel, and the hotel is no longer in my town.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...