Hello, LoversLab modding community. As much as I appreciate the Nexus, I'm hoping I'll get more actual answers here, so hi!! Please help me, I don't know what I'm doing.

Basically, I want a follower I'm making to have his own unique werewolf form. I figured I could do that by making a new werewolf race by duplicating the original, altering the textures, and then getting his scripts to point to the 'new' beast form instead of the original.

Apparently this is much, much easier said than done. Currently, the CK's preview window still shows the new werewolf race with the vanilla skin, even though I've followed every guide I've seen in order to make this not the case. I duplicated the texture set SkinBodyMaleWerewolf and edited the copy, which I then linked to the new armor addon under 'skin texture', and then I connected that to the new armor, and then I put that in the 'skin texture' box for the new race, aaand....still showing vanilla.

Also, I tried to look at it in-game by using a console command on a random NPC to set their race to my new werewolf race, and what emerged was a nightmarish Lovecraftian horror. The mesh looked like it had been shoved into a trash compactor, even though the mesh I'm using in CK is a straight-up unaltered copy of the usual werewolf mesh just put into a different folder under a new name.

And it still had the vanilla textures, by the way.

I'm utterly stymied and tearing my hair out over this, guys. I'm going to see that in-game mesh in my nightmares. I'm probably doing something extremely stupid and would appreciate any help I can get.

Basically, I want a follower I'm making to have his own unique werewolf form. I figured I could do that by making a new werewolf race by duplicating the original, altering the textures, and then getting his scripts to point to the 'new' beast form instead of the original.

you don't need to add a new race to do that, just add a new "armor" and "armor addon" for a custom werewolf mesh, and set it to be the worn armor for your npc.

that's what i did for the "Player Hermaphrodite Werewolf patch" in my mod here:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3219-horny-werewolves-of-skyrim/

and Faallokaar's dragon form in this mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3971-faallokaar-v2-creature-framework-edition/

Apparently this is much, much easier said than done. Currently, the CK's preview window still shows the new werewolf race with the vanilla skin, even though I've followed every guide I've seen in order to make this not the case. I duplicated the texture set SkinBodyMaleWerewolf and edited the copy, which I then linked to the new armor addon under 'skin texture', and then I connected that to the new armor, and then I put that in the 'skin texture' box for the new race, aaand....still showing vanilla.

use NifSkope to change the texture path for your werewolf mesh, it's much easier to do it that way.

See, this is why I came here. You guys are helpful as hell. I got the textures showing up in the CK preview window now, which is definitely progress--plus I finally solved a dumb but unrelated problem I was having with my nifskope textures, so thank you for that, too.

However, unless I'm completely misunderstanding you, your solution won't work for transformations, will it? I was attempting to use the Werewolf Followers mod (x) to get my NPC to be able to transform into a werewolf, but have his own unique skin. The plan was to edit the Werewolf Followers scripting so that an NPC infected through that mod would technically become a separate werewolf race for the sake of having different textures. Basically I'm a RP/immersion-loving asshole who wants my character's pack to have three werewolves with three different coats, and obviously getting player-specific skins is easy, but the NPCs....I dunno, man. Is there a way to get the armor addon/armor to only attach to this specific NPC when he becomes a werewolf?

Is there a way to get the armor addon/armor to only attach to this specific NPC when he becomes a werewolf?

just add it to any NPC you want to have a custom werewolf form, and make more armors for other NPCs if you want them to have a different custom werewolf form:

post-71862-0-26901900-1493153799_thumb.jpg

just make sure your armor has the armatures needed for there non werewolf form:

post-71862-0-78868400-1493155116_thumb.jpg

You are a damn genius. Besides my NPC's hands and feet disappearing, which I'm sure is just some silly minor armature-related thing I overlooked or something

or it could be that the "BOD2 - biped body template" hands and feet flags are not enabled.

Archived