Enboost installation help, how much vram do i really have?

Xaqq

when installing enboost it says you have to select from one of 7 choices depending on your graphics card and Vram.

problem is I'm a bit of a noob here and I'm not sure what exactly is my vram, i looked under nvidia's info and i found this:

total available graphics... 16362 MB

dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR5

system video memory: 0 MB

shared system memory: 8170 MB

so which folder do i choose and which of these is my total "vram"?

if i had to do guess work i'd say it'd either by 8gb or 16gb but enboost does not offer anything above 6gb as an option. I'm at a lost here....

which OS you are running ?? if windows 10 then dx9 games on windows 10 has Vram limit of 4064 MB so you will have to enter 4064 in enblocal.ini otherwise use formulae that is provided.

im running win 10 :/

i thought skse bypasses that 4gb mem issue? so am i really stuck with 4gigs? jezuz fuq

which OS you are running ?? if windows 10 then dx9 games on windows 10 has Vram limit of 4064 MB so you will have to enter 4064 in enblocal.ini otherwise use formulae that is provided.

i thought skse bypasses that 4gb mem issue? so am i really stuck with 4gigs? jezuz fuq

What he said 4064 is the limit for any dx9 game under windows 8/10.

What you maybe talk about is the general 3.1gb RAM (system memory) limit any 32bit application has regardless of the OS thats why you install enb/enbboost in the first place.

This has noting to do with the VRAM (video card memory) limit dx9 under windows 8/10 has and this is not fixable by either SKSE or ENB as this is in the OS itself, so only microsoft could change this if they wanted to, but they are to lazy to care about dx9 support. I would even go as far as to say the "unintentional" limit was a lot, but not unintentional.

Windows 8/10 users: Microsoft has, unintentionally, introduced a memory limit for DirectX 9 games/software. This limit is 4GBs (4096) and there is nothing which can be done to circumvent this limit. For users seeing the VRamSizeTest tool reporting 4064 or similar, this is not a mistake. This is actually the limit for the OS in use and the maximum value you can set the VideoMemorySizeMb to.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENBlocal_INI/Memory you should read this properly if you want to know what you are doing.

If you dont trust links just google "step project enblocal.ini" (the memory part)

In case you dont read this guide take notice, if you set ExpandSystemMemoryX64 to true you can not increase the skse memory block sizer overwise you will crash so just read the guide.

no no no that is entirely separate limit....

first things first there are 2 types of ram important for gaming 

1. System RAM : that is memory stick plugged into motherboard ( DDR3 or DDR4 )

2. VRAM : Video memory which our graphics card has 

now coming on to skyrim, skyrim is a 32-bit application which can only access 4GB of system ram, in actual only 3.1GB. On windows 10 however DX9 games suffer additional limit of 4GB VRAM which skyrim is since it is a 32-bit application so it can only access 4GB of VRAM. Windows 7 doesn't have VRAM limitation on DX9 games.

now coming on to skyrim, skyrim is a 32-bit application which can only access 4GB of system ram, in actual only 3.1GB. On windows 10 however DX9 games suffer additional limit of 4GB VRAM which skyrim is since it is a 32-bit application so it can only access 4GB of VRAM. Windows 7 doesn't have VRAM limitation on DX9 games.

welp then enboost is useless to me then. I was hoping to fix a few occasional stutter issues but i guess i'll just have to deal with it. I'm going at 60 fps most of the time anyways so i'll just settle for now.

welp then enboost is useless to me then. I was hoping to fix a few occasional stutter issues but i guess i'll just have to deal with it. I'm going at 60 fps most of the time anyways so i'll just settle for now.

You should really read why you use ENBboost in the first place instead of just trying to install things. If you would you would notice ENB is helping you big times to gain stability. You should really do yourself a favor and read the S.T.E.P guides.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB

Archived