Experencing multiple crashes

Hi all,

I just started playing New Vegas a few days ago and was having a blast- until last night.

The game was running stable. I even challenged it by pushing the stalker level on brutalrapers to 25 and and ran around the powder gangs prison in try out until I counted to fifty. I had a gradual decrease of framerate over time but saving and restarting the game seemed to fix it.

Until now.

The last thing I did was install sexout breeder and sexout store. Intending to try these out once I finished the PG tryout.

Trouble is, now I crash constantly. Every minute or two. It does matter if my character is engaged by the tryout, brutalrapers or standing still. CTD.

I uninstalled breeder and store. Still the crash. turned off brutal, still crash. Tested all three variation with and without a merge patch. Crash. Ran in regular, windowed. Crashed. Opened through steam, directly, NVSE or 4gbNVSE. Crash.

Everything gets me in game, a good framerate, everything seems to work, then in a few minutes, crash.

I'm hoping I just bugged my load order somehow. Here it is.

FALLOUTNV.ESM

GUNRUNNERSARSENAL.ESM

ClassicPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

DeadMoney.esm

TribalPack.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

HonestHearts.esm

rePopulatedWastelands.esm

Ambient Temperature.esm

oHUD.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResourses.esm

SexoutPregnancyV3.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

DarNifiedUINV.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Imp's timescale Adjusted.esp

Realistic_Repair_NV.esp

Smalltalk.esp

st.esp

MantisZeroSuit_forNV.esp

Mantis07Reflex.esp

Mantis07Reflex-Realism.esp

VegasChokers.esp

BunnySuit-FNV.esp

jodragongirl.esp

juliachangset.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

QuickHacking-NV-FULLXP.esp

K2LotusSpike_NV.esp

NCRCF Reinforcements.esp

SexoutSex.esp

SexoutRapeGame.esp

SexoutTrade.esp

SexoutHookUps.esp

SunnyCompanion.esp

SexoutFiends.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

Tryout - Hard Prison Time.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

The other possibility is I bugged my save game. What I haven't done since I started playing without most of the mods is gone back to earlier saves. --How likely is this?

Was that lose of framerate I encountered a sign of the file becoming corrupted? Is that common from BrutalRapers running or could it be from running BR inside a tryout?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help.

Well, your load order could use some tweaks. Move the regular DLC to before the pre-order DLC. Get rid of SmallTalk and download SmallerTalk. You should also drop these:

MantisZeroSuit_forNV.esp
Mantis07Reflex.esp
VegasChokers.esp
BunnySuit-FNV.esp
jodragongirl.esp
juliachangset.esp

As SCR recreates the item records within itself. If you use the items created by the original plugin, anything SCR does with armor (including but not limited to pregnancy swapping) won't work because SCR won't recognize the armor. All you need all the meshes and textures from the original download and to buy the items from SexoutStore.

Regarding your crashes, FNV has a tendency to just corrupt saves whenever it feels like it. You should load an earlier save to see if the issue persists. If that doesn't fix it, my first suggestion is to perform a clean save with Pregnancy (deactive it, load the game, save, and reactivate) as it's the most complicated mod and probably the most likely to cause problems.

Things getting slower and slower is a sign of memory fragmentation usually. Quit and restart is the only solution for engines that don't periodically defragment memory.

It's definitely possible to corrupt a game and save it, and have the corruption persist. If you've made significant progress in vanilla quests and you don't want to lose it, you can clean save; otherwise just loading an old save should be enough.

Well' date=' your load order could use some tweaks. Move the regular DLC to before the pre-order DLC. Get rid of SmallTalk and download SmallerTalk. You should also drop these:

MantisZeroSuit_forNV.esp
Mantis07Reflex.esp
VegasChokers.esp
BunnySuit-FNV.esp
jodragongirl.esp
juliachangset.esp

As SCR recreates the item records within itself. If you use the items created by the original plugin, anything SCR does with armor (including but not limited to pregnancy swapping) won't work because SCR won't recognize the armor. All you need all the meshes and textures from the original download and to buy the items from SexoutStore.

Regarding your crashes, FNV has a tendency to just corrupt saves whenever it feels like it. You should load an earlier save to see if the issue persists. If that doesn't fix it, my first suggestion is to perform a clean save with Pregnancy (deactive it, load the game, save, and reactivate) as it's the most complicated mod and probably the most likely to cause problems.

Thanks for the advice. The game is definately smoother and less crashy now. Instead of every two minutes I can get to five or ten before a crash--So there is no doubt something was fixed there. Now to figure out what else is causing problems. I'm trying remember to save more often and slowly crawl my way forward but its getting frustrating.

I did go back to my save before I entered the prison. I've put about six hours of game play on the powder gangers tryout and haven't passed the yard. So its really slow.

I've gotten rid of the sexout pregnancy all together but its still not very stable.

I'm thinking of trying a fresh install and taking another shot since I know I couldn't play through the whole game this way. Would this help or is the crashiness more likely to be something mod related?

I haven't tried making a merged patch in a while. But so far that hasn't seemed to make one bit of difference.

Any other ideas?

I would check my general computer health (and by this I mean things like fans and maybe defragmentation and stuff).

I would also try eliminating repopulated wasteland and/or reducing your quality settings (because maybe you have exceeded some threshold?).

Archived