(help / advices) a crazy idea : player nightmares

Delzaron

Hi everyone

I got an idea : in Novels player sanity cann fall to 0... so, how it could affect the player gameplay ?

An Idea : making nightmares !

For example, when player use a bed, a marker (for player come back) is placed on player, and player is teleported in a new cell...

Here, the player could make the nightmare...

- battle against several waves of skeevers

- escape to an horror

- find a way in a labyrinth, in dark...

So, I need a script which will recognize if player is used a bed (every beds !), and it will elad the nightmare quest manager, which will pick a nightmare randomly...

I used OnPlayerSleepStop for the 'sleep with companion' part of Vanilla Fudge -that's FO4 though.

Btw, Delzaron, do you play FO4 by any chance? Any plans for a Four-Play mod? We haven't had a quest mod yet and it would be a really welcome addition. A horror theme would fit very well with Fo4's setting actually.

I used OnPlayerSleepStop for the 'sleep with companion' part of Vanilla Fudge -that's FO4 though.

Btw, Delzaron, do you play FO4 by any chance? Any plans for a Four-Play mod? We haven't had a quest mod yet and it would be a really welcome addition. A horror theme would fit very well with Fo4's setting actually.

Hum... in fact, novels was planned for fallout4, and I have a mod project about a pack of raiders, and mutations...

But I'm not familiar with fallout 4 lore.

We can open a topic, and discuss about a scenario.

I checked DB02

No event as you descrived...

Fouir play is now the officialy sexlab like for fallout 4 ?

I played fallout 4, I need to refreash it : I had only farharbor and previous dlc.

I'll test that...

Actor property playerref auto
objectreference property aNovel_Nightmare_PlayerReturnSpotREF auto
Quest property aNovel_Nightmare_Tower auto
Quest property aNovel_Asylum_Main auto

Event OnSleepStart(Float afSleepStartTime, Float afDesiredSleepEndTime)
    If (aNovel_Asylum_Main as aNovel_Asylum_MainScript).Madness >= 3
        ;debug.notification("You have difficulties to sleep...")
    ElseIf (aNovel_Asylum_Main as aNovel_Asylum_MainScript).Madness <= 2
        debug.notification("You have difficulties to sleep...")
        playerref.moveto(aNovel_Nightmare_PlayerReturnSpotREF)
        int roll = Utility.RandomInt(1, 5)
        if roll == 1
            debug.notification("No nightmares tonight...")
        Elseif roll == 2
            debug.notification("I'm dreaming about a fancy knight, and skeevers...")
            aNovel_Nightmare_Tower.reset()
            aNovel_Nightmare_Tower.start()
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndEvent

Sounds like a good idea but what about people using sleeping animations? Would it not interrupt that when it teleports you back?

Yes, it will interupt it...

Another thing is I need an event which will detect the player health, and bring him back if he's in danger (less than 10% health).

Archived