bFaceGenTexturing=0 ?!

Shizune

Hello people.

I'm playing FNV now and the second approach is with a female character. I made a pretty good looking gal, BUT whenever her face isn't lightened by some light source she looks terribly ugly. It's the Facegen's "Tone's" fault I guess, because I remember having the same issue with Oblivion. The best solution is to set bFaceGenTexturing to 0 in your Fallout.ini file. There is the damn problem - whenever I turn the game on bFaceGenTexturing changes to 1 and it's enabled. How do I disable this crap for good, OR if it's not possible then please, recommend me some good facelook improving mods that will help me get rid of that effect.

I'm using Windows 7 and previously while playing Oblivion I had XP installed.

Comparision

OqMqg.jpg

Of course I'm talking about the fallout.ini located in My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini.

I've installed NVSE and it didn't change anything. The bFaceGenTexturing changes to 1 whether the .ini file is read only or not. Besides, what do you mean, by "running the game via nvse_loader.exe correctly"?

I'd imagine he is referring to launching NV with the NVSE launcher.

As for the ini, I had my own twist on things when I went to try it. My flag stayed when I set it to 0, but all actors and player appeared as a purple, swirled texture mess. As soon as i flipped it back to 1, everything was back to normal.

Since you are using Win 7, try making a copy fo the ini as you normally would any back up and then use the new copy as the main version where you flip the 1 to a 0.

Of course I'm talking about the fallout.ini located in My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini.

I've installed NVSE and it didn't change anything. The bFaceGenTexturing changes to 1 whether the .ini file is read only or not. Besides' date=' what do you mean, by "running the game via nvse_loader.exe correctly"?

[/quote']

Not "correctly" LOL :P I just meant you start the game by using nvse_loader.exe

If you start the game with the FalloutNV.exe or the FalloutNVLauncher.exe the game has a nasty tendency to auto generate a new fallout.ini which completely wipes out your changes :(

Starting the game with nvse_loader.exe should avoid that.

Nope, nothing helped at all.

I just meant you start the game by using nvse_loader.exe

I do. It's kinda strange: first I run nvse_loader, then the Steam "starting Fallout: New Vegas" window pops out and then the Fallout launcher starts.

When you say the fallout launcher starts ... do you mean the box that pops up with the options to:

Play

options

data files

tech support

exit

If that is what you are seeing then yes that is bad and is causing your ini to constantly be overwritten.

If steam is already running then when you click on nvse_loader.exe it should just launch the game and take you right to the title screen menu.

When you launch the game using NVSE.EXE. Make sure Steam is already running otherwise Steam will launch, and throw up the official FNV launcher. Which will rewrite your ini files.

If you want the change to stick no matter how you lauch the game. Go to your FNV root file, find default.ini, serch for bFaceGenTexturing=1 (if not there add it to the bottom of [General]). Always make sure to backup your ini files before changing anything.

Hope this helps

Nope' date=' nothing helped at all.

I just meant you start the game by using nvse_loader.exe

I do. It's kinda strange: first I run nvse_loader, then the Steam "starting Fallout: New Vegas" window pops out and then the Fallout launcher starts.

Ok quick question about that. When you go to start NVSE, is steam already on?

I'll sometimes make the mistake of activating my NVSE before getting steam going and that will occur each and everytime and yes, if you hit play using the menu pop-up, the ini will re-initialize. I dont know or understand why... but its forces me to make back ups of my Pref and ini files just for the occasion when I brain fart and do this.

Well, I start the nvse_loader.exe, then a command line box pops out and imidiately fades, then the Steam "Fallout New Vegas is lauching" box appears and eventually I end up using the standard Launcher. I'm using the Steam offline mode.

If you want the change to stick no matter how you lauch the game. Go to your FNV root file' date=' find default.ini, serch for bFaceGenTexturing=1 (if not there add it to the bottom of [General']). Always make sure to backup your ini files before changing anything.

Wow, gonna give it a try!

@edit

Yes it worked, though my characters are either bright purple or black, it depends on the sunlight direction. Anybody know how to change that? If not then I'd like to solve the core of my problem - how to possibly make a character look good in dark? Whenever I walk through a shady place where there's no light source to lighten character's face, she looks odd.

If the people (or objects) are purple or black that generally means you are missing textures. You might need to make sure that you properly installed all of the textures to the right locations and then try toggling "off" and then back "on" archive invalidation in FOMM.

Archived