cbbe beautiful bodies issue

TaruKaworu

So, I'm having an issue that my custom body for my character is on all female NPCs. My character's body is unique and it annoys me to see every nude female with it. 
But I'm not sure how to make it to where it's not like that.
I noticed that if I don't copy sides in body slide then it doesn't do it, but the body doesn't show up on my character either and she's left with the regular curvy that comes with cbbe, which I don't like. I'm VERY NEW to modding, so obviously I've fucked up something, but I've tried a number of things with the only two outcomes being my character doesn't get the body I want, or everyone gets it.
and it just looks awful on everyone else.

post-1864749-0-18107600-1491858776_thumb.png

post-1864749-0-89192500-1491858781_thumb.jpg

post-1864749-0-24865200-1491858786_thumb.jpg

So, I'm having an issue that my custom body for my character is on all female NPCs. My character's body is unique and it annoys me to see every nude female with it. 

But I'm not sure how to make it to where it's not like that.

I noticed that if I don't copy sides in body slide then it doesn't do it, but the body doesn't show up on my character either and she's left with the regular curvy that comes with cbbe, which I don't like. I'm VERY NEW to modding, so obviously I've fucked up something, but I've tried a number of things with the only two outcomes being my character doesn't get the body I want, or everyone gets it.

and it just looks awful on everyone else.

attachicon.gifBodyslide preview.png

attachicon.gifBleh.jpg

attachicon.gifHarper.jpg

When you are seeing it on every female, is it every female with clothing on, or every female that is nude?  Because those would be two separate issues.

Generally anything equipped in the "body" slot of an armor INCLUDES a female body mesh and not necessarily the , so if that armor was built using the curvy preset, it would look curvy.  If you instead built it with a slim preset, it would use that.

You could alternatively use RaceMenu morphs to transform the body, so only your character has a unique preset, and everyone else looks the same.  Alternatively if the armor is only going to be used by your character, you can build just that armor with your preset, and every other armor/body with the slim preset.

Since you say you're new at this:
Take a quick look at the Unique Character Body mod that you downloaded and installed (open it and look at it).  Note how the folders are structured (or located) in that mod, specifically pay attention to the new folders where Meshes (3d Shapes) and the Textures (Colors, etc) will be located.  It's also on the description page of the mod but visually seeing the folder structure would make this facet of modding exponentially easier for anybody and even their grandmother to understand.

The idea here is simple:  Unique Character Body makes a Plugin (a mod instruction) for Skyrim which tells the game to go look for your Player Character's body in a DIFFERENT and/or NEW folder instead of the default Vanilla Skyrim folder -- where every female's body is usually located.  So it's important to identify what and where that new folder is.

Starting to make sense yet?

First things first, simple logic dictates that a program like Bodyslide & Outift Studio does NOT automatically know where your Unique Character Body's folders are located nor does it take into consideration that you'll ever install one... ever.  Following along so far?  That's because the guy or gal who created Bodyslide & Outfit Studio must assume that there's one and only ONE default female bodies folder because it's the only guaranteed truth in everybody's Skyrim game.

Now... since you only want your body on your Player Character and you installed a Unique Character Body mod, then simply Copy the Body Meshes AFTER (yes, after) you Build it in Bodyslide & Outfit Studio... and then Paste it into the correct Unique Character Body folder.

Like a real factory, Bodyslide & Outfit Studio's new mesh is automatically wrapped and packaged into this folder here:  Steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\Character Assets.  This folder is also that proverbial default Vanilla Skyrim folder for characters body meshes that I was telling you about at the beginning. 

Good thing the names of the body parts are pretty self explanatory.  At least they made this part easy to understand.

Also, since you don't want your special body showing up on other NPCs, then first make a backup of the Character Assets Folder described above (I just Copy & Paste it onto my desktop then delete it later after I'm done with all of this modding shenanigan).  

After you build your body in Bodyslide & Outfit Studio -- and it churns out a new body in the default Skyrim Character Assets Folder (and after you copy & paste this body into the corresponding Unique Character Body folder you discovered at the beginning of my instructions)... simply delete the entire Character Assets Folder and replace this dark empty void with the Character Assets Folder you had on backup.  Your Player Character should now be using the body you wanted and the Vanilla NPCs should now revert back to the default CBBE body.

Hope this helps. 

Note:  Just like the post from zzyyxx above was trying to tell you:  this also means that you should only wear special non-vanilla armors from other armor mods that you conformed to your custom Bodyslide Preset, this is so that the vanilla NPCs don't get a hold of these armors because you did not want them to have your Bodyslide Preset.

To make things easier to understand:  Think of every single armor and clothing as an entirely new body.  They're not actually armor and clothes that you wear on top of your body at all.  Sad as that may sound.  This means that if you make the Imperial Armor conform to your Bodyslide preset then if a vanilla NPC wears it, they will automatically look like they have your Bodyslide Preset again!  But don't start tearing your hair out.  The truth is that the NPC does NOT have your bodyslide preset, she's just wearing the armor that you made which was customized to look like it will have your Bodyslide Preset.  Taking the armor off the NPC will easily prove this.

All the armors I have, I have made to fit that body, so I'm the only one who wears them (Not my followers or random NPCs) it's only when they are nude that my body shows up. When they are not nude they have the normal vanilla body.

I've also tried using racemenu, but the sliders on the body part do not work so I've just been using the program that way, but yeah have that issue. 

Thank you, Allsunday for that detailed explanation, hopefully I can get it to not goof now. 

Archived