[SOLUTION] a "Deathclaw" for skyrim

Hmm! Does that mean they will use WW anims in Sexlab? :o

in untested theory yes, but the race would need to be added to sexlab's "sslCreatureAnimationSlots" script, or changed in the same way i edited the Faallokaar mod (if that can even be done with this mod).

and that would need to be decided on before any Creature Framework "compatibility" can be made by anyone.

maybe i should have started this thread in the adult R&F, but it was non adult when i started it.

Hmm! Does that mean they will use WW anims in Sexlab? :o

in untested theory yes, but the race would need to be added to sexlab's "sslCreatureAnimationSlots" script, or changed in the same way i edited the Faallokaar mod (if that can even be done with this mod).

and that would need to be decided on before any Creature Framework "compatibility" can be made by anyone.

maybe i should have started this thread in the adult R&F, but it was non adult when i started it.

Well, I just checked the mod file, and the race is set up to use WerewolfBeastRace as ArmorRace, so changing all the mod's NPC creatures to the vanilla werewolf race should be easy to do and should make them SL-enabled without the need for scripting, just like with your edited Faallokaar and the vanilla Dragon race.

They are all also set up to use "Outfits" with the appropiate randomized body parts and stuff, so the naked skin should be automatically taken care of as well (unless creatures using outfits cause problems with SL/MNC/CF, but IIRC vanilla Odahviing does use an outfit instead of a custom skin and he still works fine).

EDIT: Kinda off-topic, but I figured I may as well ask here now that it has been mentioned: are you planning on doing an actual release for your edited version of Faallokaar? Right now the file is only available buried deep in the Dragon Animations thread and so the chances of people actually seeing/using it are very slim. I checked the Nexus page and the permissions are not restricted, so you shouldn't have any problem with that either.

Also, if you were to release it publicly as a standalone file or at least as part of the HDOS mod, maybe (just maybe) someone would take up the challenge of editing the mod to add native SL support and such. I may have given up on it for now, but I still want to have a slightly immersive way for my character to get at it with a dragon someday, and Faallokaar/femFaallokaar look like my best bet, lol   :shy:.

Well, I just checked the mod file, and the race is set up to use WerewolfBeastRace as ArmorRace, so changing all the mod's NPC creatures to the vanilla werewolf race should be easy to do and should make them SL-enabled without the need for scripting, just like with your edited Faallokaar and the vanilla Dragon race.

They are all also set up to use "Outfits" with the appropiate randomized body parts and stuff, so the naked skin should be automatically taken care of as well (unless creatures using outfits cause problems with SL/MNC/CF, but IIRC vanilla Odahviing does use an outfit instead of a custom skin and he still works fine).

i'm a bit backlogged in mod work and other stuff so i have not gotten around to testing things on it.

in horny dragons i had to change how the skins and outfits got applied because they all kept turning into the green "common" dragon when aroused. the "Degonian" race looks like it's far more complicated then the dragons are.

EDIT: Kinda off-topic, but I figured I may as well ask here now that it has been mentioned: are you planning on doing an actual release for your edited version of Faallokaar? Right now the file is only available buried deep in the Dragon Animations thread and so the chances of people actually seeing/using it are very slim. I checked the Nexus page and the permissions are not restricted, so you shouldn't have any problem with that either.

Also, if you were to release it publicly as a standalone file or at least as part of the HDOS mod, maybe (just maybe) someone would take up the challenge of editing the mod to add native SL support and such. I may have given up on it for now, but I still want to have a slightly immersive way for my character to get at it with a dragon someday, and Faallokaar/femFaallokaar look like my best bet, lol   :shy:.

it needs a bit more work before it's ready for a true release, and it's not the only mod sitting on the shelf:

Adult Vigilance/Meeko Reborn

horse with updated dick

female horse CF compatibility / custom frost compatibility

Tojo's Dragons Unofficial V2 (trying to contact Chirasul so i can do a proper upload, and i would like to add some more art to it, and i need to make a better Hearth Fire patch)

and that FUCKING CURSED sergal mod

in horny dragons i had to change how the skins and outfits got applied because they all kept turning into the green "common" dragon when aroused. the "Degonian" race looks like it's far more complicated then the dragons are.

Well, I guess that would depend on how it is set up. If there is a way to make CF equip an item that takes up some random slot like 52 or whatever without unequipping any of the currently-equiped items, then it should be easy to create a "penis" armor that roughly matches all skins and equip it when appropiate.

If you have to manually set up all the ArmorAddons in the skin for CF, then we are out of luck because the mod is set up to grab from randomized lists of body parts (horns, back spines, torso, eyes...), so it would be impossible to match the CF skin to whatever is currently "worn" by the creature :s.

it needs a bit more work before it's ready for a true release, and it's not the only mod sitting on the shelf:

Any specific ideas on what you want to do with it? I have taken another look at it since you mentioned it, and I may put some work into it myself. For example, so far I've uncompiled the scripts and fixed the scale for the humanoid version of Faallokaar (for some reason you have to set her scale to 4.1 when in humanoid form to match the human scale).

If you have any plans or ideas, I may be able to help you with that  :shy:

Well, I guess that would depend on how it is set up. If there is a way to make CF equip an item that takes up some random slot like 52 or whatever without unequipping any of the currently-equiped items, then it should be easy to create a "penis" armor that roughly matches all skins and equip it when appropiate.

If you have to manually set up all the ArmorAddons in the skin for CF, then we are out of luck because the mod is set up to grab from randomized lists of body parts (horns, back spines, torso, eyes...), so it would be impossible to match the CF skin to whatever is currently "worn" by the creature :s.

it can be done, but it's a real bitch to do, and it looks like there are a lot of them to do.

Any specific ideas on what you want to do with it? I have taken another look at it since you mentioned it, and I may put some work into it myself. For example, so far I've uncompiled the scripts and fixed the scale for the humanoid version of Faallokaar (for some reason you have to set her scale to 4.1 when in humanoid form to match the human scale).

If you have any plans or ideas, I may be able to help you with that  :shy:.

i was going to make them a bit smaller, setscale 0.2 because that's what i'm animating them at for now on (so you may want to edit that script to be setscale 5.0).

and i want to repack them as 4 downloads (male, female, Fo, Yol)

edit: make that 6 (boobs and no boobs)

a non robot female voice would be nice to have as well.

it can be done, but it's a real bitch to do, and it looks like there are a lot of them to do.

Well, to quote the mod page:

Variations for Days - Seriously: So in the future ideas I said that there were only ~8000 variations and that originally I wanted something like 60,000 variations. Well I reached that mark and then a bit - so to speak. So at this point we have 48,603,434,880 variations IE: 48 Billion friggin boom! I did this buy adding 3 new misc slots and then converting the dorsal spines that originally were a part of the body slot into its own slot for a total of 9 slots, did I say slots enough? Alongside this as a minor bonus the original 5 slots that originally added up to only 8000 now add up to 960,960 combinations,  If you want to check out the numbers there's a slightly confusing excel spreadsheet that you can look at in the .rar file.

Soooo... yeah, that. Better to forget about it  :s. I'm pretty sure ain't nobody got time fo that.

Let's just hope Fallout 4 gets some more mod support at some point in the future so we can do Deathclaws in their actual game, lol. TBH, Deathclaws are one of the few reasons I may think about getting FO4. The Vulpine Race is another of them. But I digress.

i was going to make them a bit smaller, setscale 0.2 because that's what i'm animating them at for now on (so you may want to edit that script to be setscale 5.0). and i want to repack them as 4 downloads (male, female, Fo, Yol)

Easy peasy. Thanks to the magic of Notepad++ and the Papyrus compiler, I don't need to touch the CK to edit scripts as long as I don't need to touch the properties :P.

Also, yeah, it would be a good idea to have all options available. So far the test files only have femFaallokaar, and I'm sure some people would prefer him as a male.

a non robot female voice would be nice to have as well.

That may be difficult. I'm sure there are some text-to-voice programs around that don't sound robotic (or at least not that much), but chances are none of them are free.

Tone-shifting the original voice would sound bad, and I don't think there is any vanilla female voice we can splice to rebuild the dialogues like FoxFingers did in Amorous Adventures. If only we had some voice actress available...  :s

Soooo... yeah, that. Better to forget about it  :s. I'm pretty sure ain't nobody got time fo that.

you don't need to worry about all of it, just the "Armor" entrys for the bodys themselves need to be hot swapped for ones with a extra armature entry, but the real problem would be stopping the other body parts from getting unequipped.

Easy peasy. Thanks to the magic of Notepad++ and the Papyrus compiler, I don't need to touch the CK to edit scripts as long as I don't need to touch the properties :P.

i did not know that could be done without the ck. :huh:

Also, yeah, it would be a good idea to have all options available. So far the test files only have femFaallokaar, and I'm sure some people would prefer him as a male.

the esp and cf json are already setup for that, just remove the female flag from Faallokaar and it should be a fully working male

edit: and upload the script, i'm working on repacking them now.

you don't need to worry about all of it, just the "Armor" entrys for the bodys themselves need to be hot swapped for ones with a extra armature entry, but the real problem would be stopping the other body parts from getting unequipped.

Well, I would have to check the mod again, but IIRC the horns and eyes and other random body parts are separate Armor entries from the torso, so unless CF runs a "unequipall" command when it starts working, it should be possible (key word: should) to equip the corresponding torso mesh with the extra equipment over the current default torso without unequipping the other misc parts.

i did not know that could be done without the ck.  :huh:

Yup, not needing to open the CK to edit scripts saved me tons of headaches, lol  :D. You can find a guide on how to set it up here in the CK Wiki if you want to try it out: Notepad++ Setup.

The only downside is that if you use MO and want to compile a script that references other framework's scripts (like SOS or SexLab), you have to copy the source files for that framework into the actual game Data folder for them to be read by the compiler, but since you said you don't use mod managers you shouldn't have any problem with that.

edit: and upload the script, i'm working on repacking them now.

Sure, here you go:

You have all the scripts including the edited transformation one with the humanoid scale fix (5.0), and the uncompiled sources in case you want to tinker with the scripts yourself.

I also packed some edited textures I made for the female meshes. I simply painted the female bits simlar to the Female Dragons mod have them so they looked a bit better than in the current version (in which they are blueish gray like the rest of the underbelly). Try them out on the meshes and see if you like them, and if you do, feel free to include them in the file  :shy:.

EDIT: I also have some more ideas and fixes for the mod you may want to hear.

For example, I've played around a bit with Faallokaar in her humanoid form to get her into interior cells, and there seems to be some bugs: she just stands around occasionally casting a fire breath shout and doesn't engage enemies in melee unless they come close enough to her. I think this is caused by the dragon-specific combat style, and since SKSE has a SetCombatStyle command, I think I could edit the transformation script to swap her combat style to one of the human ones while in humanoid form (and back to the dragon one once transformed again) so that she's actually useful when inside. EDIT 2: seems like it's more of an AI/pathfinding issue. She gets stuck in tight spaces and corridors, perhaps because the game still thinks she's dragon-sized? While following the player out of combat this isn't much of a problem because the game teleports her to the player whenever she gets stuck, like with any other follower, but that doesn't happen in combat. If she doesn't get stuck, then she works as intended, using mainly melee weapons with shouts from time to time.

Then there's also the fact that I have edited dialogues and quest stage descriptions to blend better with the vanilla style instead of being so out there or even cheesy IMO. So, for example, the quest that points you to Faallokaar has "Investigate the rumors of a dragon sighted near Dragon Bridge" as the objective instead of the original "Meet Faallokaar", and the quest description doesn't read "I'm making my way to meet my new dragon friend!" anymore.

Also, I've been thinking about doing something special for his/her humanoid form. I would like him/her to retain the custom appearance he/she has as a dragon, and I think there is something I could do about it. NightroModzz (the awesome fella that created the new heads for my shark race) has expressed interest in creating assets for a possible anthro dragon race at some point in the future, and he has recently stated he intends to work on it relatively soon. I could implement a custom appearance for him/her using Nightro/s dragon race assets so that he/she remains a dragon even in humanoid form.

Just my two cents, in case it may be of interest to you, and I would still have to ask Nightro about it to make sure he would be cool with it (though I'm pretty sure he would)  :shy:.

BTW, this one of the latest WIP pics of the dragon heads, to see what I mean. Nightro said he will probably overhaul it once he starts working on it, but it should give a rough idea of what it would look like:

1091509edd3d28fb3c6f6d20d7bbf8e3.png

With the proper textures based on Faallokaar's dragon form, this could end up looking pretty good IMO.

Well, I would have to check the mod again, but IIRC the horns and eyes and other random body parts are separate Armor entries from the torso, so unless CF runs a "unequipall" command when it starts working, it should be possible (key word: should) to equip the corresponding torso mesh with the extra equipment over the current default torso without unequipping the other misc parts.

there is only one way to find out for sure...but it looks like the currently uploaded version (v2.0) has some problems, and i don't see the download for "v2.1"

I also packed some edited textures I made for the female meshes. I simply painted the female bits simlar to the Female Dragons mod have them so they looked a bit better than in the current version (in which they are blueish gray like the rest of the underbelly). Try them out on the meshes and see if you like them, and if you do, feel free to include them in the file

added to file.

Then there's also the fact that I have edited dialogues and quest stage descriptions to blend better with the vanilla style instead of being so out there or even cheesy IMO. So, for example, the quest that points you to Faallokaar has "Investigate the rumors of a dragon sighted near Dragon Bridge" as the objective instead of the original "Meet Faallokaar", and the quest description doesn't read "I'm making my way to meet my new dragon friend!" anymore.

i'll add that to the "things to do" list

Also, I've been thinking about doing something special for his/her humanoid form. I would like him/her to retain the custom appearance he/she has as a dragon, and I think there is something I could do about it. NightroModzz (the awesome fella that created the new heads for my shark race) has expressed interest in creating assets for a possible anthro dragon race at some point in the future, and he has recently stated he intends to work on it relatively soon. I could implement a custom appearance for him/her using Nightro/s dragon race assets so that he/she remains a dragon even in humanoid form.

a interesting idea, but i think turning him/her into a argonian would be easier to do.

for now i have updated the "buried" post.

a interesting idea, but i think turning him/her into a argonian would be easier to do.

Actually, I've done that already. I simply edited the Race property in the transformation script to point to Argonian Race instead of Nord Race. But the appearance he/she gets is the default one set in the Argonian race data, which doesn't look that good.

I'm thinking we should approach this from a different angle if we want Faallokaar's humanoid version to be more polished. Rather than having him/her as a dragon in the base data and do a race swap to Argonian with the shout (which limits him/her to the default racial appearance), we can make him/her an Argonian and swap to dragon (and change to 0.2 scale) with the shout. That way he/she can have a custom appearance in humanoid form while technically keeping full dragon functionality, and chances are the bugs with the pathfinding and stuff would be fixed as well.

I think it's even possible to put a script that swaps him/her to dragon on game load once, so the player can find him/her as a dragon just like in the original mod, but then can choose between dragon or humanoid as prefered. Though all of this are just random ideas, I would have to test them first.

Oh, and for the record, if I ever give him/her a custom draconic appearance in humanoid form, I wouldn't be packing a whole Dragon race with the mod or anything like that, I would simply make him/her a vanilla Argonian race-wise but with a custom Dragon head and skin instead of the vanilla ones. It's pretty easy to do. And as for the heads, they will be edited CITRUS Argonian heads (just like the ones for my shark race), so there wouldn't be any problem with morphs or anything.

I'm thinking we should approach this from a different angle if we want Faallokaar's humanoid version to be more polished. Rather than having him/her as a dragon in the base data and do a race swap to Argonian with the shout (which limits him/her to the default racial appearance), we can make him/her an Argonian and swap to dragon (and change to 0.2 scale) with the shout. That way he/she can have a custom appearance in humanoid form while technically keeping full dragon functionality, and chances are the bugs with the pathfinding and stuff would be fixed as well.

but won't that just reverse the problem? turning the dragon form into the default green dragon.

but won't that just reverse the problem? turning the dragon form into the default green dragon.

Nope. We keep the custom skin ("NakedFaallokaarSoft") and keep the Dragon AA but also add Argonian ones like NakedTorsoArgonianAA, NakedFeetArgonianAA, and so on. That way, he/she has a proper Argonian body when in humanoid form but also the custom dragon skin when in dragon form.

In fact, I just tested it ingame by setting her up as an Argonian in the plugin and using the shout to turn her into a dragon and she does keep her unique skin, so no problem there.

Incidentally, I think the 5.0 scale in humanoid form is what causes the problem with pathfinding, because the game thinks he/she's huge and thus doesn't fit through narrow spaces. Leaving the NPC scale at 1.0 and applying the 0.2 one only when transforming into a dragon could fix the issue. But then again, there are all just supositions, I would have to check. EDIT: Well, that did seem to fix it. No more being stuck. Except at the entrance to Swindler's Den, but that happens with vanilla followers as well, and the other narrow areas inside worked like a charm, so I'd say it's fixed.

Next step is to re-install SL and see if it works fine with Faallokaar in dragon form with no scale problems or anything like that. Though it may take me a while to do so.

Nope. We keep the custom skin ("NakedFaallokaarSoft") and keep the Dragon AA but also add Argonian ones like NakedTorsoArgonianAA, NakedFeetArgonianAA, and so on. That way, he/she has a proper Argonian body when in humanoid form but also the custom dragon skin when in dragon form.

bloody animations are making me slow in the head, i have done that before in the werewolf mod -_-

In fact, I just tested it ingame by setting her up as an Argonian in the plugin and using the shout to turn her into a dragon and she does keep her unique skin, so no problem there.

-

Next step is to re-install SL and see if it works fine with Faallokaar in dragon form with no scale problems or anything like that. Though it may take me a while to do so.

well i turned her into a argonian, but the transform shout stopped working for me (it's most likely that i edited the script wrong)

edit: i got it working, i had it set to the wrong race (argonian vampire)

i have done some tests on the "Degonians" and they are (mostly) compatible with SexLab/SLAL animations, there are some small problems with it's tail but nothing serious.

but the Degonian mod itself has some big problems that will need to be fixed first (eg: invisible Degonians and bad texture paths in the nif files)

I think it's even possible to put a script that swaps him/her to dragon on game load once, so the player can find him/her as a dragon just like in the original mod, but then can choose between dragon or humanoid as prefered. Though all of this are just random ideas, I would have to test them first.

it's definitely a script that would be needed now, the introduction conversation is a bit odd without it. :huh:

it's definitely a script that would be needed now, the introduction conversation is a bit odd without it. :huh:

Huh, I'm not an expert on Skyrim/Papyrus scripting or anything like that, but maybe an OnGameLoad script attached to the actor or something like that is not exactly a good idea.

Perhaps we could use the quest itself. Since it triggers the first stage/objective once the mod is loaded for the first time, I think it would be possible to edit the first stage of the quest to run a "SetRace Dragon" and "SetScale 0.2" command on the placed Faallokaar reference as soon as it's triggered, and it shouldn't run ever again.

Calling SetRace and SetScale con a non-loaded actor seemed to work fine when I did it manually using the console, so it should work fine when starting a new game because the placed Faallokaar NPC will not be loaded by the game. Not sure what would happen if someone installs the mod mid-game and loads a save with their character near Faallokaar's starting location, though. Skyrim is really prone to crashing when you start calling commands while it is not done loading stuff yet, and since the Faallokaar reference would be actually loaded, not sure if it could cause issues. But first things first, I would have to look into the quest script.

EDIT: BTW, I accidentally deleted my edited plugin with Faallokar swapped to Argonian. If you have edited the plugin to do so, you can send it to me and I can look into the scripting thing if you want. I can always redo the edits on your last posted plugin and then send it to you so you can back-port whatever script/quest changes I make, but I'd rather work on the "release candidate"/WIP plugin to make things easier :shy:.

EDIT: BTW, I accidentally deleted my edited plugin with Faallokar swapped to Argonian. If you have edited the plugin to do so, you can send it to me and I can look into the scripting thing if you want. I can always redo the edits on your last posted plugin and then send it to you so you can back-port whatever script/quest changes I make, but I'd rather work on the "release candidate"/WIP plugin to make things easier :shy:.

here is a copy of my project folder:

Faallokaar work files.7z

note: files and folders are not named for usage, rename them as needed

(eg: delete the "-femfo" from Faallokaar-femfo.esp)

here is a copy of my project folder:

note: files and folders are not named for usage, rename them as needed

(eg: delete the "-femfo" from Faallokaar-femfo.esp)

Thank you! And yep, I see what you meant about renaming the files.

Right now I'm battling with the CK to see if I can rebuild the scripts to be nice and clean, and what's more important, rename them all so they all start with a FAAL_ prefix. Not only for clarity's sake but also because it makes it easy to know which script files to move from the base Data folder into my MO Faallokaar working folder and viceversa. Sweet Talos, if only the CK could work as intended with MO  :dodgy:.

I will probably do something about the variations as well. I'm thinking creating "patches" with the main Faallokaar.esp set as a master that edit only the NPC record. This is possible because the main plugin contains the shouts and the data for both Yol and Fo versions. That way, I've set the female Yol version as the default one; if you want that one, you don't need anything else, and if you want any of the other, you use the corresponding patch + FaceGen data.

Alternatively, you can also use the patches to "backport" the edits into the main Faallokaar.esp using TES5Edit and then save each one as the corresponding variation (so for example you backport the changes from "Faallokaar - Fo Male" or "Faallokaar - Fo Female" into the main plugin and then save that one separate from the others, rinse and repeat; not sure if I explain myself).

So, yeah. More news as they come.

i'd prefer to avoid extra esp files when possible, there are a lot of people on this site that are pushing the 250 mod limit.

Well, then I went for separate options that use the same .esp name.

Okay, let's see. Give this a try:

You have to install the contents of the "MAIN" folder first, which is Yol Female. Then, if you want any of the other options, you open the corresponding "OPTION" folders and overwrite the main files with them (I only packed the edited plugin, the FaceGen and the male voice for males in each optional folder so that's why the "MAIN" archive has to be installed first). Then, if you want the female dragon meshes with breasts, you extract the contents of the "OPTION EXTRA" folder and overwrite.

(Ideally, that would be the setup for a NMM/MO Fomod installer that would allow you to pick the options during install, but this will manual way have to do until we can find someone to build such installer).

As for the mod itself, I did what I mentioned: cleaned up the scripts and standarized the names (so they all have names starting with FAAL_, and the empty/unused scripts have been removed), and edited the plugin so that Faallokaar can be found in Dragon form even though the base data lists him/her as an Argonian, so the custom appearance is kept while in humanoid form. Also tweaked the dialogues a bit.

Let me know what you think  :shy:.

Let me know what you think  :shy:.

you got the file path for the male voice wrong :P

anyways...i'm now working on packing everything into bsa files before uploading it.

edit: files are uploaded

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3971-faallokaar-v2-creature-framework-edition/

now maybe this thread can get re-railed :ph34r:

Archived