[Fixed] Sexlab v1.62 "Outdated Skyrim Detected"

Whenever I load a save game SexLab will say "Outdated or Skyrim installed detected. SexLab currently requires Skyrim v1.9.32 or newer in order to function. To continue using this mod; you must update your install and reload your game."

SKSE Version: 1.7.3

Skyrim Version: 1.9.32.0.8 (As shown in Skyrim's Menu when you press Esc)
SexLab Version: 1.62 (UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016 v1.62)

PapyrusUtil Version: 3.3 (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58705/?) Latest as of 4/2/2017

Things I've tried

1) Re-installed Skyrim

2) Re-installed SexLab

3) Re-installed SKSE

4) Tried running SKSE_Loader.exe in Admin, Still doesn't work.

My SkyrimLauncher.exe is Version 1.3.22.0 (Even when I just fresh re-installed the whole game)

TESV,exe is Version 1.9.32.0

Please Help

[Fixed Solution] Verify game cache

It may be that somewhere you have what I call invisible saves . How to find out ? Open via skse game  delete Saves . Close game then run game from steam check save delete any found .  Now go to documents check for saves any found delete any save found .  Next  repeat all steps .  Disable all mods . except Alternate start if you use it run game play .So you have nice new clean save . When you then restart with mods running  . Don't start mods . crate a new save once you are in skyrim . load that save then start mods . This will give to all ways clean saves . Check all your mods for versions , as there are always new updates , Disable all saves IE travel etc .just use saves F5 or you your self create new save . On average I use 10 to fifteen F5 saves to one new save or when I install a mod when play the game . I have very few problems all though now and again I will get  a corrupt save ... so it makes it easy to Identify who is the corrupt save . Not sure this will help I hope it does but it sure reduces any fails and CTDs  I use to have .  This also make the mod who Is causing problems identifiable very quickly . 

It may be that somewhere you have what I call invisible saves . How to find out ? Open via skse game  delete Saves . Close game then run game from steam check save delete any found .  Now go to documents check for saves any found delete any save found .  Next  repeat all steps .  Disable all mods . except Alternate start if you use it run game play .So you have nice new clean save . When you then restart with mods running  . Don't start mods . crate a new save once you are in skyrim . load that save then start mods . This will give to all ways clean saves . Check all your mods for versions , as there are always new updates , Disable all saves IE travel etc .just use saves F5 or you your self create new save . On average I use 10 to fifteen F5 saves to one new save or when I install a mod when play the game . I have very few problems all though now and again I will get  a corrupt save ... so it makes it easy to Identify who is the corrupt save . Not sure this will help I hope it does but it sure reduces any fails and CTDs  I use to have .  This also make the mod who Is causing problems identifiable very quickly . 

Tried it, didn't find anything weird, maybe I did it wrongly? Anyways, even that message pops up, I still can run other SexLab required mods normally

Verify your files by using Steam.

And you must start Skyrim 1 time from inside Steam after that.

Alright, I'll try if this works or not, just Verified and there's 3 Files need to be updated or something like that, Will let you know the results later

UPDATE: Thanks! It works now!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Same. Just started Skyrim and these mods about 20 hours ago and though i figured a lot out with the amazing help of some of tutorials you all put into loverslab, I do have either an incompatibility or version issue(and i have just started on the basics!) I dont know know much about this tech stuff but i got most of it in the right places with NMM help. Zip files though i had to do manually since i could not get Nmm to take them. I have skse issue and something that has caused my character and all the npcs to stay upright and stiff with arms at sides outwards a bit like levitating. I just float around. Thinking I may have put some things in the wrong places and before i came in here i spent 15 hours trying to research and resolve myself so as not to bother yall. :(   No avail!

I think my basic start so far has that papyrus thingy included but not sure how to find it or do whats needed to get it here. :P  Im an old guy that would still have dialup if my wife hadnt updated everything. haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The last ~8 messages about having the same problem can be easily explained if the users in question are using Sexlab 162 on a SE game. This is because Sexlab 162 has a check for the base game (version 1.9.32...) whereas Skyrim SE has only a current version of 1.5.97. So numbers don't match. And that's because for SE there is an entirely new Sexlab version. So the fix is checking the sections of the forum made for Skyrim SE and using mods made for Skyrim SE or compatible with it.

There is nothing to fix on the side of the mods, the problem is purely users not using the proper versions for the games they're using. For the rare case of users playing regular Skyrim (the original one from 2011, the one that is automatically installed as version 1.9.32 from Steam), the first post already has a potential fix; verify file integrity in case there is something wrong (not with Sexlab, but the game install itself).

Edited by Just Don't
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, Just Don't said:

The last ~8 messages about having the same problem can be easily explained if the users in question are using Sexlab 162 on a SE game. This is because Sexlab 162 has a check for the base game (version 1.9.32...) whereas Skyrim SE has only a current version of 1.5.97. So numbers don't match. And that's because for SE there is an entirely new Sexlab version. So the fix is checking the sections of the forum made for Skyrim SE and using mods made for Skyrim SE or compatible with it.

There is nothing to fix on the side of the mods, the problem is purely users not using the proper versions for the games they're using. For the rare case of users playing regular Skyrim (the original one from 2011, the one that is automatically installed as version 1.9.32 from Steam), the first post already has a potential fix; verify file integrity in case there is something wrong (not with Sexlab, but the game install itself).

I'm sorry "Just Don't" but you are mistaken.

I have Skyrim VR and I have installed the "SexLab Framework SE 1.63 - BETA 8" that is the last and I was following the installation step by step of this guide:

I installed the mods by Vortex with all the mods required in the order of the step by step tutorial and their last SSE version and the problem is still standing.

"Skyrim version out of date"

I also did the verification of integrity of the game in the proprieties of Steam but nothing changes.

I was looking for all the internet to solve the problem but there are not any solution that works.

Finally I give up and I will use Flower Girl's mod that is working in VR because Sexlab is not compatible or there are not any help.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, customerhenry said:

I'm sorry "Just Don't" but you are mistaken.

I have Skyrim VR

VR has it's own forum section with a couple of threads dedicated to Skyrim and SL. If you can't find up to date info in there I doubt you'll find it in a 2017 thread. The ~8 messages I mention in my previous reply don't even specify if it's a Skyrim or Skyrim SE game, let alone if we're really talking about VR here (again, VR has a separate section with all the relevant information).

There is a much more recent thread about Skyrim VR here, in there it mentions a patch required to make Sexlab work and states the 163 beta8 release works. So likely something is wrong on your side.

Edited by Just Don't
  • 4 months later...