How to create a standalone follower mod?

Hi guys . As they title says , how can i create a standalone follower mod? For example how can i give the NPC apachii hair and share it without the ones that will download it to need to have the Apachii hair mod?

This video is really great if you want an easy guide how too make a follower : 

If you make a mod that depends on other mods -- hair or anything else -- but you don't want the user to have to download those mods, then you'll have to copy the assets you used into your mod, WITH PERMISSION from their creator, and package them with the mod.

That's not always easy, though.  Some mod authors don't want you to use their stuff; they want you to download their mod.  Others can't be reached to ask for permission, and so on.

I find it easier and faster in the long run to simply make my own version of whatever it is.

That's why, for instance, when I made a voiced male Khajiit spouse/follower -- I unpacked and listened to every line of male khajiit dialogue in vanilla Skyrim, and selected the appropriate ones for my follower, and I put him into the Marriage quests myself.  That way, no one has to download a marriage extension or follower voice mod, or married extras mod.

I also loathe vanilla hair.  It looks like coarse string.  So I edited the hair myself, in Photoshop -- rather than have any requirements for hair mods attached to my mod that makes a Nord spouse/follower.

But if you are going to use someone else's assets in a mod you plan to release -- make sure you ask for permission first!

Hi guys . As they title says , how can i create a standalone follower mod? For example how can i give the NPC apachii hair and share it without the ones that will download it to need to have the Apachii hair mod?

This video is really great if you want an easy guide how too make a follower : 

If you make a mod that depends on other mods -- hair or anything else -- but you don't want the user to have to download those mods, then you'll have to copy the assets you used into your mod, WITH PERMISSION from their creator, and package them with the mod.

That's not always easy, though.  Some mod authors don't want you to use their stuff; they want you to download their mod.  Others can't be reached to ask for permission, and so on.

I find it easier and faster in the long run to simply make my own version of whatever it is.

That's why, for instance, when I made a voiced male Khajiit spouse/follower -- I unpacked and listened to every line of male khajiit dialogue in vanilla Skyrim, and selected the appropriate ones for my follower, and I put him into the Marriage quests myself.  That way, no one has to download a marriage extension or follower voice mod, or married extras mod.

I also loathe vanilla hair.  It looks like coarse string.  So I edited the hair myself, in Photoshop -- rather than have any requirements for hair mods attached to my mod that makes a Nord spouse/follower.

But if you are going to use someone else's assets in a mod you plan to release -- make sure you ask for permission first!

Thank you all guys :)

Archived