Hello...

Well...

I was searching for some time for topic... to discuss, share, laugh and generally talk. Not about individual mods... but about all of them. About game itself. About various stories, to ask various questions, to speak freely.

So... if you would like, consider this humble little topic as place of Discussion, spam... and whatever you like.

As for start...

While playing CK2, with Monks and Mystics, have you experienced something weird, strange... or unmentioned by developers?

It so, feel free to share.

As for me...

Most weird thing, unmentioned by developers, was Spawn of Satan becoming leader of Aztecs. Which I found quite amusing, since dude, with 32 intrigue and 20+ with every stat was leader of very powerful empire.. . And almost conquered half of Europe.

Yep, that's in the default events, something they added to the "Demon Child" chain quietly without mentioning it. I noticed it when poking around in that code looking for a good way to scope out an event to give such a child the Incubus/Succubus trait, since I had one show up that, ironically, was one of the non-demon children of my demonic character (go figure).

Awww man. I was so angry :D

That dude killed off half of dynasty members. But in cost of godly stats.

I was so... so proud to play as great, non-cheated character, who could unite my empire. But NOPE!

He left my court, he has taken away my future position of High priest and started to invade xD

Well... fuck.

There are no words to describe it, rather than "Well... fuck."

Also! I have seen one weird thing. When you play as the assassins around year 1089, Hash shashin will rise at their mountain fortress.

But... instantly, Great headmaster of holy order will become Propagandist (rank 3) instantly. And... every single leader of holy order will become Propagandist upon succession. Of course, they can also become leaders of Assassins too... But unlike others, they start on rank 3. O.o

Oh dear i have a list.

The evil societies are extremely op, from rank 1 you get the ability to abduct people. You can ransom them (for no relation damage to the family), free money since theres no repercussion of failing, or just sacrifice the person and as such decimate whole dynasties and claim their fiefs when everyones dead. Takes time to  decimate big families but who cares about time in a dynastic game of 700 years.

Nomads are always steamrolling the tribes/feudals of east europe in my games. Non steppe lands should be a huge hassle to nomads, unless defending on own turf. Theres a reason the caucasus, iran, kush and the carpathians were mostly natural borders to nomads (i know nomads invaded those lands several times, or china, but the people of those lands still exist, yet where are the pechneg-khazar-sogdians-cumans-scythians-parthians well they got pushed off the steppes or anihilated).

Tribals should have a power struggle when heirs are kids or weak/not a proven warrior. A tribe has loyalty a chief, not a feudal-like contract to follow the lineage indefinitely. Tribal kingdoms should have a high risk of implosion.

And gavelkind isnt great when it steals your capital province, in your capital duchy, especially for tribals.

Regents are useless. They have like 2 events.

The council screen(s) are too redundant.

Muslim decadence should be a chance for your vizir to strike, not a random generated revolt.

About it for now.

But i like sunset invasion, though.

It's fine. Just telling my experience xD

Anyways, thanks Aliris.

About discussion...

Yep, Lucifers Own ARE OP as hell. And if AI was ever a player... and decided to start republic with Satanists, they could've taken over the world. Really... Lucifers Own is so incredibly powerful with republics.

Fortunately, next patch will probably massively nerf Satanists. Where court chaplain can find suspicious targets... and where people can wage Holy wars on Satanists without any penalty.

Plus Hermetics and treasury will be upgraded.

Talking about Nomads...

Do nomads have different satanic events, or it's just same?

In my games, nomads don't expand much. Instead, Sunni Muslims conquer like crazy, expanding even further. But yeah... I can imagine some serious problems with nomads.

Tribals... honestly? I'm very disappointed. Really, really disappointed.

They have been very weakened with Monks and Mystics. They can't progress much. Their society is... harmful, since it... doesn't fit much pagan style of life. Yeah, sure... They can use some stuff... But honestly, I also Really, really wanted some Nordic societies, which could represent Odin, Thor, Frey and Valhalla itself.

But... yeah. Nothing, unfortunately.

Reagents are useless pricks trying to usurp kingdoms. Nothing new.

But you can at least turn off recency.

And... gavelkind is gavelkind. Nothing can be done, except for adapting to such succession.

On the other hand, I must admit... I had really a lot of fun with gavelkind, since it keeps changing and changing. Makes your rule more challenging, since you have to manage many capitals, many castles and provinces. Also deal with unwanted heirs and many, power hungry siblings.

I played with Geheimnisnacht recently and some stupid mayors in my capital county decided he should release some beastmen or spread other chaos stuff. And where? In my capital county.

That was such an annoying run anyway. No one liked me because I was a vampire and so one day some orcs managed to kill me. Now I had to play with my heir who not only had no real magic abilities (it was nice to have you around, undead hordes), but I also lost my nice long reign opinion modifier.

Now really no one liked me. Then they killed my heir and so I had for maybe 50 years no heir of my dynasty, during a time where every orc in my realm tried to hunt me down.

In the end, I survived and could reform Strygos, but it was still the most annoying campaign I played in CK2.

And... gavelkind is gavelkind. Nothing can be done, except for adapting to such succession.

On the other hand, I must admit... I had really a lot of fun with gavelkind, since it keeps changing and changing. Makes your rule more challenging, since you have to manage many capitals, many castles and provinces. Also deal with unwanted heirs and many, power hungry siblings.

Best way to deal with Gavelkind - never marry. Use seduction (or Succubus/Incubus ability) to seduce women, produce illegitimate offspring, and only fully legitimize ONE of them at a time (leave the rest recognized but illegitimate). ;)

In my games, nomads don't expand much. Instead, Sunni Muslims conquer like crazy, expanding even further. But yeah... I can imagine some serious problems with nomads.

They have been very weakened with Monks and Mystics. They can't progress much. Their society is... harmful, since it... doesn't fit much pagan style of life. Yeah, sure... They can use some stuff... But honestly, I also Really, really wanted some Nordic societies, which could represent Odin, Thor, Frey and Valhalla itself.

Nomads have the "plaguebringer" evil society, literaly the same features. I guess they will bring the black plague in the future.

Against bigger christians or muslims the nomads mostly lose, vice versa its kinda bothering sometimes to see the steppes overtaken by feudals considering the steppes were 'tamed' only during the eu4 time period. If you want to see what i mean vs tribals check the charlemagne start and just let the game run until the year 800, you'll see the Magyars (Hungarians) almost in Moscow by that year.

Yeah norse pantheon is oddly dead, but somehow the baltic or slavic pagans have detailed cults to specific deities....

OH BTW why the f are norse, in the same religion group as tengri or african pagans or the aztecs. When these pagans have good diplomatic reach, theres plenty of weird improbable weddings.

Do regents actually try to usurp the kingdom? Likedo  they get a claim or something? The worst (most indepth) ive see the regents conduct themselves was to steal from my treasury.

I played with Geheimnisnacht recently and some stupid mayors in my capital county decided he should release some beastmen or spread other chaos stuff. And where? In my capital county.

That was such an annoying run anyway. No one liked me because I was a vampire and so one day some orcs managed to kill me. Now I had to play with my heir who not only had no real magic abilities (it was nice to have you around, undead hordes), but I also lost my nice long reign opinion modifier.

Now really no one liked me. Then they killed my heir and so I had for maybe 50 years no heir of my dynasty, during a time where every orc in my realm tried to hunt me down.

In the end, I survived and could reform Strygos, but it was still the most annoying campaign I played in CK2.

That truly sounds painfully unfortunate. I had something like that, while playing as Dwarves. Holy shoe, man... They they are so strong, but surrounded by enemies. Every time, I wanted to just relax and let realm prosper, someone attacked and killed my commanders. And worst part is, that my heirs were commanders too. Warhammer mod has realistic battles, where commanders die out far more quickly.

Best way to deal with Gavelkind - never marry. Use seduction (or Succubus/Incubus ability) to seduce women, produce illegitimate offspring, and only fully legitimize ONE of them at a time (leave the rest recognized but illegitimate). ;)

Thanks for advise, although I already knew this. But when I'm personally playing with gavelkind... I just let it be. Let game do it's thing. Game is far more challenging and fun.

Nomads have the "plaguebringer" evil society, literaly the same features. I guess they will bring the black plague in the future.

Against bigger christians or muslims the nomads mostly lose, vice versa its kinda bothering sometimes to see the steppes overtaken by feudals considering the steppes were 'tamed' only during the eu4 time period. If you want to see what i mean vs tribals check the charlemagne start and just let the game run until the year 800, you'll see the Magyars (Hungarians) almost in Moscow by that year.

Yeah norse pantheon is oddly dead, but somehow the baltic or slavic pagans have detailed cults to specific deities....

OH BTW why the f are norse, in the same religion group as tengri or african pagans or the aztecs. When these pagans have good diplomatic reach, theres plenty of weird improbable weddings.

Do regents actually try to usurp the kingdom? Likedo they get a claim or something? The worst (most indepth) ive see the regents conduct themselves was to steal from my treasury.

Awwwww man. Ive seen plaguebringers, but having same events for everyone kinda sucks. I can imagine, someone will mod new societies, but... yeah. Original is original.

The most closest thing to plaguebringers is DW Toska mod with Liliths plague xD.

Which is Really, really cool one.

It's kinda sad to see nomads destroyed by feudals. But... Yeah, what you can do. Saddest thing is, that even Paradox admitted Republics and Nomads as... little mistakes. Unfinished content, which could've been far better.

About recency and usurping titles. I don't think there's direct way, beside gaining claim.

But there are some events, which help out. Like declaring underage ruler crazy and locking them up. Or taking money, to support your war. Recency is pretty much... cosmetic addition. Could've been better done.

Archived