New Rig - ENB, etc. Looks Like Crap. Help?

C5Kev

So I got a new 17 7700K, 16G and a 1080.  My old rig looked fantastic, so I basically installed the same stuff... PureVision, a bunch of the "big" visual and parallax mods - the "recommended" mods off the Realvision / PureVision pages. The only exception is that I installed the latest ENB Series .308 and upgraded some mods for 4K textures.  Skyrim, SkyrimPrefs and enblocal ini's seem to be A-OK.

The result looks like shit (vanilla actually looked better)  ...over-sharpened, over-saturated and a bit of a yellowish tint to stuff. I'm kind of at a loss as to why.  I understand this isn't much info to go by, but perhaps someone might have some ideas as to why the game looks so damn different on this new rig?

Is something perhaps weird about .308? Or...???

umm realvision pretty much is sharpened and yellow, always has been.

Difference here being you now have a card capable of rendering 10bit color.

Has jack shit to do with .308, but it is worth noting that rv is not designed to be used with .308, so there's that

umm realvision pretty much is sharpened and yellow, always has been.

Difference here being you now have a card capable of rendering 10bit color.

Has jack shit to do with .308, but it is worth noting that rv is not designed to be used with .308, so there's that

Thanks for your 2 cents!  Actually, I use PureVision cuz I can't stand CoT and blew out RV. but as you said, I think .308 prolly isn't good for PV as well. kinda the same animal. I did try a few older versions, but that seemed to CTD, but perhaps those were caused by sumpin' else?

I did reinstall PV and it seems much better, but still not quite right. 3D model on load screens flicker a lot...but haven't noticed game flickering, at least not yet.

Thinking about it, maybe a more up-to-date ENB would be a smarter move.

I've used a lot of ENB presets in the past, and there has never been a super noticeable visual change jumping from one ENB dev version to another while using the same ENB preset.  The biggest noticeable difference (if you can call it that) was only performance.

What I think you should do is make sure you have these DEFAULT files from the ENB of your choice and then -- only afterwards -- adjust the parameters to your liking.  

1.  enblocal.ini

2.  enbseries.ini

3.  and enbeffect.txt and effect.text.ini inside the enbseries folder in your Skyrim installation directory.

I don't know if this will work, it's just a suggestion.  These files are what I've noticed make the largest difference in visuals when I was younger and had commitment issues and kept jumping from one ENB to another.

Archived