please help with HDT problems

ingeloak

at first, i had UUNP HDT suite, and bodyslide set up for UNPB female body.

for men i have Better Males (sundracon mesh and combined faces). also have Schlongs of Skyrim. i was using SOS HDT body for butt and pecs.

i have the HDT Bounce and jiggles 7.7 with Havok physics for both male and female. it works flawlessly for the women, but the male actors had basically spiked chests and butts.

i tried changing to Shape Atlas for Men, with it's accompanying HDT, but that is also giving me problems. the pelvis is crumpled and deflated looking.  (i still have Better Males and Schlongs, because i wasnt sure if i needed them or not). i also got SAM's skimpy and modular armor (do they conflict with each other, because i am not really seeing skimp or modular.

Note: i downloaded the "actor" version of SAM HDT, as it sounded like it would not conflict with an existing physics mod. however this does not seem to be the case.

i am including a copy of my loadorder.txt in case one of you can spot a conflict. i used LOOT to organize, then created a Merged and Bashed patch.

loadorder.txt

I dont know how to help except this may might work for You .

Horny Werewolves of Skyrim v2.1 .It has hdt for male werewolves .Hope it helps .

im sure i have the right HDT, but if they dont play together, one or both could be conflicting. i'm not sure how to fix it, or if it's just one of the many glitches that come with so many custom mods and changes. ive got so many LL mods and other things, it is more "Fetish-rim" than "Skyrim".

im hoping to find someone here who can say "this is how to make them work together" or "you dont need both of these."

the SL Inflation framework is supposed to work with both male and female actors. maybe there is one that works for both sexes and i can eliminate some conflict. i'm just not sure what to do at this point. i know enough to install mods and such, but if there is a problem, i lack the experience to troubleshoot.

Make sure that XP32 MSE isn't being overwritten. Just check to see if it has a red - under the flags column in the left hand window of MO. I just use SOS for my male bodies.

i have a question related to MO. it doesnt seem to play well with FNIS for Users runs. things i have installed with MO do not appear during animation generation. as a result, i am using both MO and NMM (mods i know have animations go into NMM so they can be used with FNIS). XPMSE is one of those, so is installed using NMM.

How do i set up MO so FNIS sees the mods there and runs the animation setup?

i did notice at least 1 aspect of  the skeleton was being written using Devourment, so i said no to the overwrite (kept XP32's version).

i have a question related to MO. it doesnt seem to play well with FNIS for Users runs. things i have installed with MO do not appear during animation generation. as a result, i am using both MO and NMM (mods i know have animations go into NMM so they can be used with FNIS). XPMSE is one of those, so is installed using NMM.

i did notice at least 1 aspect of  the skeleton was being written using Devourment, so i said no to the overwrite (kept XP32's version).

Running MO and NMM in parallel is pretty much the WORST you can do for installation. 

MO is very critical when it detects FNIS created files in the Skyrim data data structure. And that's where FNIS puts its files after NMM or manual install.

If FNIS doesn't see MO installed mods then usually it's not MO's of FNIS' fault, but simply wrong user installation.

Post your FNIS output after pure MO installation, and then helpful people will see quickly what you have done wrong.

Running MO and NMM in parallel is pretty much the WORST you can do for installation. 

MO is very critical when it detects FNIS created files in the Skyrim data data structure. And that's where FNIS puts its files after NMM or manual install.

If FNIS doesn't see MO installed mods then usually it's not MO's of FNIS' fault, but simply wrong user installation.

Post your FNIS output after pure MO installation, and then helpful people will see quickly what you have done wrong.

the majority of the mods i have are via MO. i only use NMM to install the mods that have animations (they show up in MO as unmanaged). as for user error, i almost exclusively use a manager for mod installs, even with manual downloads. i use the load buttons on the respective managers. i think the only ones i did not was Wrye Bash, and the first time i did a Bodyslide install (because MO said it wouldn't work. i have since realized that's a false error, because MO is looking for game data only).

i run the SKSE game, LOOT, and TES5Edit via MO. once i install a mod via NMM, i close it and manage the game's load via MO. it seems to work.

for some reason, it has been nearly perfect as far as stability, especially with a Merged and Bash patch. so i am reluctant to mess with it.

how do i post the FNIS output? just copy/paste the window?

Make sure that XP32 MSE isn't being overwritten. Just check to see if it has a red - under the flags column in the left hand window of MO. I just use SOS for my male bodies.

Are you using the latest version of MO? I haven't had an issue with using MO and FNIS together for years, it did have issues in the early days. You need to run the FNIS generator from MO otherwise it wont see the mods in MO. The videos posted above will show you how to set it up.

If your skeleton is in MO and your FNIS generator is not wouldn't that cause skeleton issues?

the majority of the mods i have are via MO. i only use NMM to install the mods that have animations (they show up in MO as unmanaged). as for user error, i almost exclusively use a manager for mod installs, even with manual downloads. i use the load buttons on the respective managers. i think the only ones i did not was Wrye Bash, and the first time i did a Bodyslide install (because MO said it wouldn't work. i have since realized that's a false error, because MO is looking for game data only).

i run the SKSE game, LOOT, and TES5Edit via MO. once i install a mod via NMM, i close it and manage the game's load via MO. it seems to work.

for some reason, it has been nearly perfect as far as stability, especially with a Merged and Bash patch. so i am reluctant to mess with it.

how do i post the FNIS output? just copy/paste the window?

There is absolutely NO REASON to run both.  If something only works because you do this kluge, then you are doing it wrong and something will fuck up along the way.  Choose one or the other.  If you are having issues running fnis through MO, then look at the videos available (gopher's videos I believe) or follow the instructions at the STEP page linked in my sig.  If you choose NMM, ElfPrince has a thread in one of the Forums about using the newer version NMM and has info on using FNIS through it.  1 or the other - not both.

As for posting FNIS output, run FNIS, right-click in the results area (at the top), select all, copy, then paste into a post, preferably using spoiler tags:

[ spoiler ]

FNIS results

[ /spoiler ]

(remove the spaces)

Are you using the latest version of MO? I haven't had an issue with using MO and FNIS together for years, it did have issues in the early days. You need to run the FNIS generator from MO otherwise it wont see the mods in MO. The videos posted above will show you how to set it up.

If your skeleton is in MO and your FNIS generator is not wouldn't that cause skeleton issues?

ok, i think that is my issue. i reinstalled everything using MO, but the FNIS for Users does not actually appear in the Tools folder when i go looking for it manually. i need to set it up to recognize MO.

ok, i think that is my issue. i reinstalled everything using MO, but the FNIS for Users does not actually appear in the Tools folder when i go looking for it manually. i need to set it up to recognize MO.

Check here, any doubt just ask again :)

here is my FNIS result:

FNIS Behavior V6.3 XXL   3/7/2017 6:04:17 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading Amputator V6.2  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 78 alternate animations) ...
Reading BeeingFemale V2.8 ...
Reading DD V3.3.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 346 alternate animations) ...
Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading EstrusChaurus V4.30 ...
Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBound V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFC V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizRape V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V9.0 ...
Reading M2MAnimations V7.1 ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZazExtensionPack V1.7  ( 17 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 36 alternate animations) ...
Reading sanguinesDebauchery V?.?  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 17 alternate animations) ...
Reading zzEstrus V1.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
mt_behavior usage: 49.9 %   ( 43 furniture, 31 offset, 0 chair, 107 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 13.9 %   ( 12 paired, 1 kill, 132 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 5 sets: 44 total groups: 128 added file slots: 925 alternate files: 641

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading FunnyBizFC V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

7054 animations for 32 mods successfully included (character)
 1118 animations for 4 mods and 33 creatures successfully included.

everything is now being loaded and managed via MO, except for the Core files. NMM has no mods in its list, but it is still managing the *.esm files for Skyrim, Update, the 3 DLCs, as well as the HiResTexture.esp 1-3, and the Bashed Patch (i ran Wrye Bash on its own, not through MO)

i was going to add in my mod list from MO (left panel) as suggested, but do not know how to copy the list. right-click doesnt work

One thing i did change was, i noticed on some of the mod pages it said to use X or Y, such as a body type for males (Schlongs, or SAM, or FavSoul). i noticed that i had Schlongs (Full), SAM, AND an old install of Better Males as part of Schlongs. it is possible that was the root of my deformed male actors, so i left out SAM. if that doesnt work, i'll try removing Better Males next. i remember reading that a mesh like Better Males was one of the requirements for SOS, but it may have changed at some point.

Are you using 2 mod managers (NMM & MO)? that's a fatal mistake :o , use only MO, this manager don't mess with your clean installation and protects your vanilla game 

In MO everytime you run Fnis some files will be created in the "overwrite" folder at the botton of the left pane, The 1st time you run Fnis you have to created a new mod from here (right click -> created a new mod), name it something like "Fnis outpost" or whatever name you like

Then, everytime you add or remove new animations you'll have to run Fnis again, after the usual process just select all the files in "overwrite", then drag and drop the new files in that new mod named "fnis outpost" and it's done, is that simple

i was going to add in my mod list from MO (left panel) as suggested, but do not know how to copy the list. right-click doesnt work

If you look in profiles/"profile name" directory you'll find a file called modlist.txt . The thing to keep in mind though is this list is in the opposite order of how it appears in MO.

SOS is a complete male body replacer now, no need for any other male body mods.

Are you using 2 mod managers (NMM & MO)? that's a fatal mistake :o , use only MO, this manager don't mess with your clean installation and protects your vanilla game 

In MO everytime you run Fnis some files will be created in the "overwrite" folder at the botton of the left pane, The 1st time you run Fnis you have to created a new mod from here (right click -> created a new mod), name it something like "Fnis outpost" or whatever name you like

Then, everytime you add or remove new animations you'll have to run Fnis again, after the usual process just select all the files in "overwrite", then drag and drop the new files in that new mod named "fnis outpost" and it's done, is that simple

i did this. during play, some of the animations would not play, or only one participant was doing the animation (woman flopping bonelessly while the male stood there). i have reinstalled the animation mods (Sexlab, More Nasty Critters, etc that were listed in the above FNIS spoiler). some of them still have trouble running. i followed the video for running FNIS and creating a mod out of the overwrite files. as i notice more animations not running, i will continue to reinstall the mods and re-run FNIS. eventually I'll get them all right.

i am no longer using NMM for any mods that are in the mod list. the mod tab of that is completely empty, but the plugin tab shows the main game files such as Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, the 3 DLCs, etc.

in MO those appear in the mod list (left panel) as Unmanaged. not sure i can do anything about them, but all mods are through Mod Organizer now.

If you look in profiles/"profile name" directory you'll find a file called modlist.txt . The thing to keep in mind though is this list is in the opposite order of how it appears in MO.

SOS is a complete male body replacer now, no need for any other male body mods.

done and done. thank you. i will remove Better Males completely, because most of the nude male actors look like androids. there are obvious seams around the groin, as if they were metallic panels or something. same with arm and legs.

modlist.txt

a new issue has reared its ugly little head: i am experiencing an error in MO related to Flame Atronach Behavior .hkx file. this is the error text that comes up:

DEBUG (17:28:55.0220): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\DebugData.txt -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\DebugData.txt (80000000 - 3) = 00000754 (0)
DEBUG (17:28:55.0221): add mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\overwrite\\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DebugData.txt (tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\DebugData.txt)
DEBUG (17:28:55.0223): using path from previous deletion: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\atronachflame\behaviors\atronachflamebehavior.hkx
DEBUG (17:28:55.0224): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\atronachflamebehavior.hkx

ERROR (17:28:55.0224): not a mod directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\atronachflame\behaviors\atronachflamebehavior.hkx
DEBUG (17:28:55.0244): move (ex) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\temporary_logs\atronachflamebehavior.hkx to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\atronachflame\behaviors\atronachflamebehavior.hkx - 1 (183)
DEBUG (17:28:55.0245): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\atronachflame\characters\atronachflame_default_TEMPLATE.txt -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Spells V5 0 1 -- ADD-ON for the spells\meshes\actors\atronachflame\characters\atronachflame_default_TEMPLATE.txt (80000000 - 3) = 000008FC (0)
DEBUG (17:28:55.0253): create process (w) null - ".\hkxcmd.exe" convert -v:WIN32 "temporary_logs\atronachflame.xml" "temporary_logs\atronachflame.hkx" (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users) - hooking
DEBUG (17:28:55.0253): get file attributes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\hkxcmd.exe -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\hkxcmd.exe: 20
DEBUG (17:28:55.0253): get file attributes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Behavior V6 3 XXL\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\: 10

the +XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended mod must be at the very botton, try that

How did you install new animation with Fnis? here's the method again:

https://youtu.be/iukqiPz7XuU?t=8m52s

I prefer videos, sometime people gets it better that way

Try moving all the related animation mods at the end, the hdt physics too, perhaps some animation mods are overwritting anothers, you got a lot of them, you should try installing slowly a few first, check if the animation works, add some more and repeat. Don' worry I got a hard time learning how to proper mod my Skyrim, someone say sometime:

"You aren't playing Skyrim unless you spend 95% of your time modding your game and 5% seeing if you CTD."

As our Japanese friend said XP32 MSE should be at the bottom although I personally put the FNIS generated files at the very bottom. I also like to put Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch at the top as I think you do want to let the other mods overwrite that one.

You said you made a Bash patch where is that file? It should also be placed near the bottom.

Also I like to do things in this order but someone more knowledgeable might suggest something different. Run Loot, Check if MO shows an error message, Deal with that error, Repeat those three steps till you have no more MO error messages, If your doing a Bash patch make it now (I haven't used one in awhile), place the Bash patch in an appropriate mod folder, Run Loot yet again, Run FINS user generator, place the FNIS files in an appropriate mod folder.

Don't forget to use the SKSE.ini file. There's one in case you don't know about it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

Archived