CK2 Modding Quick Question Thread

12 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

ಠ_ಠ

I meant that I mentioned it not working without really thinking "how to fix it", since I didn't consider it important, and didn't expect anyone else to do so in my place. Should have phrased it better, but you solving it caught me off guard, since, like I said, wasn't expecting anything.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

15 minutes ago, AlexWyrmin said:

I meant that I mentioned it not working without really thinking "how to fix it", since I didn't consider it important, and didn't expect anyone else to do so in my place. Should have phrased it better, but you solving it caught me off guard, since, like I said, wasn't expecting anything.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

houseiraediscord.png

You meant, you weren't demanding or imploring, I get it :)❤️

When someone has lockesly's level of knowledge - and you're asking (what feel) dumb simple questions - it almost feels like an insult to ask them to waste their time on your dumb question. Like asking the CEO to order you a new pen, wish their was someone 3 pay grades lower on the command chain you could ask!

With that said I have what I think is NOT a dumb question, often I feel <THIS> close to answer when I ask here, but with this request I have absolutely no idea where to start!

I want to invite  ALL my powerful vassals and my liege (if applicable) to dinner. And when that event fires I want a named character that I can do interactions with. So rather than say "Me and the Lords do X", I'd be able to say Me and ["namedlord".GetBestName] drank together. I dont need it to specifically be a certain character, just any of those powerful vassals characters.

Sorry if thats not even a good explanation of what I want, like I say, unsure even where to start.

1 hour ago, dwjlien said:

I want to invite  ALL my powerful vassals and my liege (if applicable) to dinner. And when that event fires I want a named character that I can do interactions with. So rather than say "Me and the Lords do X", I'd be able to say Me and ["namedlord".GetBestName] drank together. I dont need it to specifically be a certain character, just any of those powerful vassals characters.

immediate = {
	any_vassal = { # Direct vassals only, not sub-vassals
		limit = {
			among_most_powerful_vassals = 3 # Searches for vassals that are in the top 3
			# Or you can use is_powerful_vassal = yes if you want to give yourself a headache and remove the top 3 limit
		}
		set_character_flag = potential_powerful_vassal
	}
	random_vassal = { # Assignment of vassal 1
		limit = {
			has_character_flag = potential_powerful_vassal
		}
		set_character_flag = vassal1
		clr_character_flag = potential_powerful_vassal
		save_event_target_as = vassal1
	}
	random_vassal = { # Assignment of vassal 2
		limit = {
		}
		set_character_flag = vassal2
		save_event_target_as = vassal2
	}
	random_vassal = { # Assignment of vassal 3
		limit = {
		}
		set_character_flag = vassal2
		save_event_target_as = vassal3
	}
	if = { # Finally, assigns the liege of ROOT, if applicable
		limit = {
			liege = {
				is_vassal_or_below = ROOT
			}
		}
		liege = {
			set_character_flag = my_liege
			save_event_target_as = my_liege
		}
	}
}

You can then call on any of the assigned vassals using has_character_flag = vassal[x] where [x] is the number of the vassal

As long as the event chain keeps going, you can use the event_target:vassal[x] scope instead.

For localisation, use [vassal1.GetBestName]

Replace vassal1 with vassal2 or vassal3 or my_liege for the other characters.

Holy Hoods Balls! I have had a drink so I am not going to attempt to try this right now, but OH MY GAWSH ? I am very excited to try it when I can! ?

Thank  you so much for looking at it. Apologies I can't giver proper feedback asap, but never imagined you'd come through so quickly, and tipsy coding sounds a just awful idea lol.

So I am having trouble with pinging back events. 

Here is an example code for the one sending the event (the child):

#child asks about lost item
character_event = {
	id = lostitem.03
	desc = EVTDESClostitem.03
	picture = ... #take care of later

is_triggered_only = yes

option = { #asks
		name = EVTOPTAlostitem.03
		hidden_tooltip = {
			guardian = {
				character_event = {
					id = childsitem.04 #pings to guardian
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

And here is an example code for the one receiving the event (the guardian):

#child asks about lost item
character_event = {
	id = childsitem.04
	desc = EVTDESCchildsitem.04
	picture = ... #handle later again

is_triggered_only = yes

option = { #guardian offers help
		name = EVTOPTAchildsitem.04
		ai_chance = { 
			factor = 10
			modifier = {
				factor = 200
				trait = kind
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 200
				trait = honest
			}
		}
		FROM = { #pings to happy child
			opinion = {
				modifier = opinion_is_happy
				who = FROM
				years = 2
			}
			hidden_tooltip = {
				character_event = {
					id = lostitem.05
				}
			}
		}
	}		

option = { #guardian refuses help
		name = EVTOPTBchildsitem.04
		ai_chance = { 
			factor = 10
			modifier = {
				factor = 200
				trait = cruel
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				trait = kind
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				trait = honest
			}
		}
		FROM = { #pings to unhappy child
			opinion = {
				modifier = opinion_is_unhappy
				who = FROM
				years = 2
			}
			hidden_tooltip = {
				character_event = {
					id = lostitem.06
					}
				}
			}
		}
}

I used "childhood_personality_traits_events" and "guardian_events" as a "guide," but I must be doing something wrong, because my event keeps firing for my adult though I did define specific triggers and have it saved as an on_yearly_childhood_pulse on_action. 

Anybody able to weigh in if I can use the following mods together? Research suggests they'll work but I wanted to make sure before getting too invested. Been a while since I've played CK2, much less modded it. Anyway, was hoping to combine:

Ala's mods (Cheat & Body), LF (including fantasy modules), DW Reborn, House of O, Tentacled Dreams, House Irae, Elven Expansion, Tale of 9 Tails, Lesbocracy, and DZM (now DZME apparently)

Also wanted to throw Beyond Heresy and the Christianity mod into the mix but I'm unsure if they'll play nicely together. Last time I tried (maybe 4 or so months ago) they didn't get along. This still the case?

And as an afterthought, is DW Extras still really lag-prone after a time? Last I tried it, the game got really laggy after 200 years or so.

Anyway, thanks in advance if anybody's able to weigh in. Oh, and sorry for the somewhat off topic question - couldn't find any other place to ask.

Cheers

11 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Did you mean just Luxuria Fantasia, or did you mean Luxuria Fantasia with DWF Modules?

If the latter, then please delete the modules.

From the DWF Modules page:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Didn't even notice that they were integrated into LF. Cheers mate.

Once again, we've proven - well, you've proven, I didn't do shit - that to assume usually results in making an ass of yourself.

I'll go sit in the corner with the ass hat for a bit

@lockeslylcrit , sober me is having much fun now with my newly learned skills you just helped me implement, thanks! ?

Very enlightening. I think my biggest stumbling block was "among_most_powerful_vassals = yes "

doesnt work. But from your work, I managed to realise its because its an Integer not a Bool https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Conditions and now I understand , properly, what those mean!

So thanks again and wanted to let you know that in my own dumb way, I'm actually learning from you, not just yoinking the working code and running into the night. :)

@Toatedsnow

I was going to advise against Christianity  just because I THINK, think, it has issues as it's a bit out of date(r1.7.1). Great mod - in fact my current project ive nearly finished is inspired by it, a reduced lightweight religion mod with just a sluttier christian religion available.

But anyhoo I found that Christianity is actually receiving updates, but on a wordpress site, not here on Lovers lab?https://christianitymod.wordpress.com/

Spoiler

This is the same version that was released on LoversLab. That site no longer meets my needs for posting, so this is meant to be the new home of the mod

Thought Id share in case you weren't aware Toatedsnow

2 hours ago, manicpixxxie said:

That was intentional. They are in separate .txt files, but maybe that's the issue? 

The only thing I can think of from the little snippet of code you showed is that the picture = ... may be screwing up the code. Try changing it to GFX_evt_child_play instead.

What are your triggers?

Generally you want to add in 

min_age = 6
	max_age = 16

or something similar to the pre-triggers so that only the child will get it.

Hmm, I think I have it figured out. I'll only find out once I test it, though... but there is something I want to make sure I am correct on:

ROOT = the person who originally started the event (character A).

When the event is pinged to the next person, then:

ROOT = the person who received the event (character B).

FROM = the person who sent it (character A).

Then when character B sends an event back to character A:

ROOT = character A.

FROM = character B.

And two more things I would like to address. When I run my mod through the Validator, it tells me that the event which notifies character B is "set to trigger, but it is never called." Which I assume is a good thing, because I don't want that event to randomly trigger if they are not pinged by the original event. 

Another thing with the Validator is that it tells me an event I have under random_events in an on_action is not a valid EventID, but in the file for the event I have it properly written. I'm guessing I can ignore that? 

6 hours ago, dwjlien said:

@lockeslylcrit , sober me is having much fun now with my newly learned skills you just helped me implement, thanks! ?

Very enlightening. I think my biggest stumbling block was "among_most_powerful_vassals = yes "

doesnt work. But from your work, I managed to realise its because its an Integer not a Bool https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Conditions and now I understand , properly, what those mean!

So thanks again and wanted to let you know that in my own dumb way, I'm actually learning from you, not just yoinking the working code and running into the night. :)

@Toatedsnow

I was going to advise against Christianity  just because I THINK, think, it has issues as it's a bit out of date(r1.7.1). Great mod - in fact my current project ive nearly finished is inspired by it, a reduced lightweight religion mod with just a sluttier christian religion available.

But anyhoo I found that Christianity is actually receiving updates, but on a wordpress site, not here on Lovers lab?https://christianitymod.wordpress.com/

Reveal hidden contents

Thought Id share in case you weren't aware Toatedsnow

So it'll work with the rest of the mods then? Or should I pick between it and Beyond Heresy jut for safety's sake?

18 minutes ago, manicpixxxie said:

And two more things I would like to address. When I run my mod through the Validator, it tells me that the event which notifies character B is "set to trigger, but it is never called." Which I assume is a good thing, because I don't want that event to randomly trigger if they are not pinged by the original event. 

If you get that error, then it means that the event will NEVER happen. Ever. There's nothing that calls on it.

Recheck your events and see where you might have missed calling on it with a character_event command.

20 minutes ago, manicpixxxie said:

Another thing with the Validator is that it tells me an event I have under random_events in an on_action is not a valid EventID, but in the file for the event I have it properly written. I'm guessing I can ignore that? 

You either have messed up the ID or messed up the namespace. Double check that both the on_action ID and the event ID are one and the same, and then double check to see if you have a proper namespace = set in the event file with the exact name as the ID

I am having trouble with a pregnancy event. I am attempting to get activate a pregnancy that involves a "non-existent" father, such as the unholy impregnation event. 

I tried "impregnate = ROOT" and "impregnate_cuckoo = ROOT" which results in my female character being named as the father (which is just silly). Pregnancy events do trigger and she receives the trait. Basically everything is alright besides being both the mother and father of your child...

So I tried doing "ROOT = {impregnate = yes}" which lists "No Character" as the father when checked with charinfo, however no pregnancy events (such as the notification event) trigger and I get no trait. Baby will still be born though.

15 minutes ago, manicpixxxie said:

I am having trouble with a pregnancy event. I am attempting to get activate a pregnancy that involves a "non-existent" father, such as the unholy impregnation event. 

I tried "impregnate = ROOT" and "impregnate_cuckoo = ROOT" which results in my female character being named as the father (which is just silly). Pregnancy events do trigger and she receives the trait. Basically everything is alright besides being both the mother and father of your child...

So I tried doing "ROOT = {impregnate = yes}" which lists "No Character" as the father when checked with charinfo, however no pregnancy events (such as the notification event) trigger and I get no trait. Baby will still be born though.

Try

impregnate = unknown

I think that's right, but im no expert.