[POLL] Skyrim: "Day 1 vs GoTY" Purchase

Will you buy Skyrim on Day 1? Or wait for GoTY?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you buy Skyrim on Day 1? Or wait for GoTY?

• Day 1 for sure! / Already pre-ordered!
    • GoTY for me, the wait is worth it!
    • Neither / I'm not interested in Skyrim at all...
    • Undecided / Depends on reviews...

Not buying the overpriced collector edition(remember when pc games were 40€ max?) nor am I buying skyrim on day one.

My computer need some serious upgrade before that, I wanted to use that graphic card till it died but after 8 year I really don't think it ever will.

Though, even IF I had a top of the line comp I would wait for some review from players not addicted to fps. The console streamlining is getting stronger in each new tes and I'm not sure I'm still included in bethesda consumers target base.

Guest Loogie

I'm sure this will be an amazing game' date=' and the developers know this game can break them bad if it sucks.

[/quote']

Well, if it sucks, it won't break them. Fallout 3 is pretty bad, and everyone I know personally realizes that - except they all bought it. Bethesda doesn't care what you think of their product once they have your money.

And even if it is as bad as Fallout 3 or Oblivion, the gaming magazines will give it high scores or they'll lose Bethesda advertising dollars and sneak peaks at their games.

Skyrim will be a good game. Not necessarily GOTY material ( Unless your 12 and havent played Daggerfall or Morrowind )

Personally i'm not a big fan of Todd Howard's approach on making things more accessible or casualised. Particular his policy of " If it doesn't work, just remove the feature" Which isn't really how a sequel should work ( shouldn't more cool shit be added as their technology gets better with each installment? )

/end rant

and to answer the OP

Probably not going to be a day 1 buy unless i hear it's abso-fucking-lutely amazing.

Which would probably yes, too which i'd ask are you playing the PC version? If no, then NOPE.

I would like to see at least one preview with a female character before deciding for sure.

I'm tired of the games industry automatically assuming if it's not Barbie Horse Simulator 5000 then only males or those who want to play as males are interested.

I would like to see at least one preview with a female character before deciding for sure.

I'm tired of the games industry automatically assuming if it's not Barbie Horse Simulator 5000 then only males or those who want to play as males are interested.

Are they really doing that anymore? Look at Mass Effect. They have a fully voiced female version of Shepard who is expressly not overly sexualized.

Are they really doing that anymore? Look at Mass Effect. They have a fully voiced female version of Shepard who is expressly not overly sexualized.

Yeah but even Mass Effect fills all it's previews and trailers with the male version.

Hell, BioWare had a poll to see if people wanted a trailer with female Shepard for E3, the vote was overwhelmingly in favour, BioWare said okay.. and then "forgot" to have it ready in time for E3. :@