Alternative Start Arrive By Ship Revamp

I was recently inspired by http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6952 to modify the original arrive by ship mod (merged with the better cities fix) to include another adjoining cabin, complete with a two person bed to actually sleep in, along with a covered bowl with food inside (For hunger mods. I didn't make it a requirement on cobl, so there is no water cask, just food to eat.)

I did this because when I first start a game, there is a lot to go through, you have scripts starting, quest updated, etc. This gives you the opportunity to sleep, to have the initial dream for Claudia's Little Secret, as well as a bunkmate to test out your lovers settings. (Though, he is a male bunkmate.)

Because of the opportunity to sleep, and spend extra time in the cabin, I also put food there, because I inevitably get hungry because of running Real Hunger.

Our little bunkmate isn't quite an honest person, so has stashed a few things somewhere in the cabin, which includes a skeleton key and various gems he would like to keep hidden. I added this because frankly, I'm a dirty cheater. :cool: If you don't want it, just ignore it, don't look for the hiding spot.

This extra room just allows me to get my game setting out of the way before I ever step out of the ship. It also allows me to role-play being on the ship a bit longer if I wish.

Note: Better Cities is -not- required!

Let me know if you like the changes!

Amethyst

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

Will this break the Nocturnal Daedric shrine quest? or will I just end up with 2 skeleton keys.

You would just end up with two skeleton keys. You can have multiple skeleton keys. Of course, that is untested, since I've not done that quest while having an extra skeleton key. If you're worried, you can console 'player.removeitem b 1' before you do it.

Guest GingerTom

Finally got my oblivion back together tonight--and it didn't crash!

So, got to try out your mod. I liked. If I can be so bold as to put it this way: Such a simple little tweak and yet it added so much more than anyone would expect.

It actually made starting the game fun and interesting at the same time.

Thank you. :)

PS: When my bunk mate wasn't looking I robbed him blind. :D

Finally got my oblivion back together tonight--and it didn't crash!

So' date=' got to try out your mod. I liked. If I can be so bold as to put it this way: Such a simple little tweak and yet it added so much more than anyone would expect.

It actually made starting the game fun and interesting at the same time.

Thank you. :)

PS: When my bunk mate wasn't looking I robbed him blind. :D

[/quote']

I'm glad you enjoy it! It feels so much better to me than a cramped tiny cabin. I was always disappointed I couldn't take an actual nap on my bed. xD Also, that bunk make -thinks- he's clever, but someone who's spending a whole voyage with him is bound to find out. xD

Awesome idea' date=' I cant wait to check this out! I do have a question though, the main quest can still be bypassed correct? One of the biggest things I hate about vanilla oblivion is the main quest line

[/quote']

Yep, just like the original mod (I didn't change any of that.) You can bypass the original quest if you wish. If/when you wish to start it, you will find the amulet of kings outside the sewer where you would normally leave.

Great work!

I have used the original for years and your addition has made it seem fresh again.

@GSBModders- The main quest will just wait for you to act on your 'dream', just like if you never go to the priory after the sewer tutorial.

Mem

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gotta say, I've been using the vanilla version of this mod for quit some time(never liked being in prison and not knowing why, also missed morrowind)and I'm glad someone revamped this one towards the lovers pk system. It adds so much more to the alternate start and yes it makes setting all your lovers stuff up without leaving the ship possible. Also, it adds more realism to being on a ship and having another person in the next room, it doesn't seem as sterile as it did. All in all, great mod and a nice addition to the lover pk system. Kudos

-Temp