Animation Question

Bevs

I am trying to make my own Skyrim animations and I encounter the following warnings when I export from 3ds Max using HCT:

Bone NPC Root [Root] has no bind pose. All bones in the skeleton will use their first keyframe as their bind pose.

Skeleton "NPC Root [Root]" has multiple roots.

Extra root found in bone : "Camera3rd [Cam3]"

When I try to use the animation in the game, I get an "A" pose.  I am using 3ds Max 2015 with the 2015 compatible version of NIFTools and HCT 2014.  I am using the XPSME 2015 Project reference files and skeletons.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

Warning : Skeleton "NPC Root [Root]" has multiple roots.

Warning :   Extra root found in bone : "Camera3rd [Cam3]"

that is normal and safe to ignore, but...

Bone NPC Root [Root] has no bind pose. All bones in the skeleton will use their first keyframe as their bind pose.

i have not seen that one before

skyrim likes 3DS Max 2010 best, in other versions extra steps are needed:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39996-3ds-max-skyrim-video-animation-tutorial/

• 4 months later...

The problem is that there are no 3ds Max 2010-2012 trial/student versions!

The only solution is to download an illegal copy! And I don't want to :(.... or can i save the animation in 3ds Max, Download Blender, load the animation there and export from Blender? Hard way but if it's possible better than download suspicious and illegal hardware. 

Archived